• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harrisburg Ballers Club and Gametruck 5/22/10 HBCPGA.COM

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
*Asian people are everywhere

Dont' get mad cafe :)

This event is appealing since it has less competition and is closer than gamepad, but I promised those boys I'd help out. I'll be headed there.

Damon180

Smash Ace
*Asian people are everywhere

Dont' get mad cafe :)

This event is appealing since it has less competition and is closer than gamepad, but I promised those boys I'd help out. I'll be headed there.
I understand. I'm going to get with T-boy and post the dates for all the future events (they are held monthly, and I believe we get them all 6+ months in advance). I think it'll help greatly with schedule conflict.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Korn gets all the ladies. I hate being black cause I only get all the ho's.

I might end up here randomly if my friend still comes down to gamble, IF ANYONE CARES

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
HEY you made my time at my very first tournament enjoyable. Especially all those cries: OOOH! THE HOST OF THE TOURNAMENT'S GONNA GET BEAT BY A FEMALE.

You had me cracking up in my mind. ;D It'd be awesome to see you there again to show you how much better I've gotten. ^^;

Damon180

Smash Ace
I'm thinking about adding MLG stage striking to the rules for the next tournament (in June). Starting on the 4 neutrals seems easier to explain to new player, but if enough experienced players show up it shouldn't be too hard. Wii motes will still be allowed.

I'm also going to stop playing in the tournaments that I run. It will help the tournament progress faster/smoother, and an official is needed to make judgment calls at times who isn't preoccupied with his own set match. - After being to quite a few tournaments lately, this seems like a good call.

Robfox

Smash Lord
Korn gets all the ladies. I hate being black cause I only get all the ho's.

I might end up here randomly if my friend still comes down to gamble, IF ANYONE CARES
i love bein black it strikes fear into peoples hearts when they see me XD lol I love my race
btw wth is gametruck, does anybody want to be my partner, and what will be the payouts?

Damon180

Smash Ace
i love bein black it strikes fear into peoples hearts when they see me XD lol I love my race
btw wth is gametruck, does anybody want to be my partner, and what will be the payouts?
It's best just to check out their website located on the front page. It looks like an awesome accessory to any party. They charge quite a bit per hour, so the overall value of the prize will be huge.
Payouts should remain the same, just be sure to pre-reg to avoid additional cost!

Robfox

Smash Lord
I checked the sites but im like ok itZ just a party gaming place....wth can I get out of that lol nones B-day is close who I know and I do not know many people who game up here (im originally from Jersey)

Damon180

Smash Ace
I checked the sites but im like ok itZ just a party gaming place....wth can I get out of that lol nones B-day is close who I know and I do not know many people who game up here (im originally from Jersey)
Invite me, I can bring like 20 people with me :). You live in Harrisburg now? I thought you were in Jersey cause of your location info.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Mannnn, I'm surprised I can still put this in my schedule. Especially this being the last full week of school and I gotta get my studying done for finals Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.. and then I'll OFFICIALLY BE OUT... HECK YEAH!

And I'm bringing two friends with me. :D One of them wants to play Brawl with you guys---even though she has no idea what the point of the game is. XDDD And beware.. She likes to talk. A lot. Especially with random people. (She's like the complete opposite of me). ;3

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Mannnn, I'm surprised I can still put this in my schedule. Especially this being the last full week of school and I gotta get my studying done for finals Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.. and then I'll OFFICIALLY BE OUT... HECK YEAH!

And I'm bringing two friends with me. :D One of them wants to play Brawl with you guys---even though she has no idea what the point of the game is. XDDD And beware.. She likes to talk. A lot. Especially with random people. (She's like the complete opposite of me). ;3
high school final week was easy <_<
even asian like me can do it :chuckle:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
If her friends are as attractive as her then this event is looking like the one to choose.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Rofl. XDDDDD !! I think another friend is coming now...

And rofl, I'm srsly coming ;3 My bro lent me money to join ROFL. I hope he comes too. x3

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, this should be interesting if I go. I'm still not sure if I'm going to or not, I work, but I might call off lol. This is worth more money, assuming that I wouldn't get wrecked. *contemplating*

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
What are the payouts for this now?

Doubt I'll be here since I've been to tourneys like 3 weeks in a row so I need a break.

Damon180

Smash Ace
What are the payouts for this now?

Doubt I'll be here since I've been to tourneys like 3 weeks in a row so I need a break.
Singles 60-30-10
Doubles 70-30 (if 10 or less teams, otherwise 60-30-10)
Melee 60-30-10 depending on turnout

Legal and attractive? Will be here.

J/k. How so these tournaments always manage to be on days that have big md/va tournies
It is odd :). We have our days in the mall reserved several months in advance. I'll post a list of dates as soon as T-boy gets back to me.

vagabond

Smash Apprentice
I think you get credit either way. Don't be jealous just cause you're spoken for :)
No jealousy here; I put my work in already as you said. Papa vagabond's just trying to help these youngins' out by speaking from experience.

Genghis Pot

Smash Apprentice
I'm also going to stop playing in the tournaments that I run. It will help the tournament progress faster/smoother, and an official is needed to make judgment calls at times who isn't preoccupied with his own set match. - After being to quite a few tournaments lately, this seems like a good call.
Ok, but you should definatly at least still play in doubles.

Damon180

Smash Ace
Ok, but you should definatly at least still play in doubles.
Probably not. If anything I'll just play in the melee tournament since there are far fewer things to worry about in that game. I'll def be on for some friendlies though :).

Got in touch with T-boy. June 26th is our next tournament date. I updated the main page.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Oma oma oma. Can't wait to show off my new Marth. x3 No using Zelda at this tournament. I've been practicing my Marth... (I played this one guy online last week and I couldn't beat him with anyone... But everytime I used Marth ... I won EVERY battle. Then I didn't use Marth and lost again-and again... And again.)

I'm more confident than I was last time. ;3 I'll be there early to play friendlies too. ^.^

Damon180

Smash Ace
anybody wanna be my partner?
btw Damon you should join the tournament remember "oooo the TD is gettin beat by a girl" lol
and is it 25 for both singles and doubles?
Doubles total is 45$ at the door (still save 5$ for pre-registering).
If I do end up playing, I'll need to have someone who isn't playing at the time that I can trust to watch the bracket and keep an eye on matches.
You guys are too much - pressuring me to play :).

We gota do some Marth dittos then IkeFiend. Mine isn't the best, but he's getting better :).
I'll be there as early as 930 to setup and start friendlies.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
We gota do some Marth dittos then IkeFiend. Mine isn't the best, but he's getting better :).
Haha, okay. ^.^ Same here. Although... I'm WAY worse with Zelda than I am with Marth now. You remember my Zelda, right? xD

And rofl, RobFox. XDDD

EDIT: HOLY SHIZZNITZ. Next one's June 26? LOLOLOL that's my birthday XDDDDD!!!

Genghis Pot

Smash Apprentice
Probably not. If anything I'll just play in the melee tournament since there are far fewer things to worry about in that game. I'll def be on for some friendlies though :).

Got in touch with T-boy. June 26th is our next tournament date. I updated the main page.
I was thinking this cuz we're always a lil low on teams

anybody wanna be my partner?
btw Damon you should join the tournament remember "oooo the TD is gettin beat by a girl" lol
and is it 25 for both singles and doubles?
Yeah I need a partner.

Also, Waffle or anyone coming from Hagerstown, my ride fell through and I could use a lift. I'm in Carlisle, on your way right off 81.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
i will be attending here for sure. who wants to team with me? grape im looking in your direction. not sure if ill have room in my car ghengis, should know by tommorrow night

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
I'm teaming with my brother because he needs money to pay me back and buy Heroes of Newerth I think. I might not even be able to go yet, need to find someone to replace me at work.

I might be able to get you Genghis, but I'd want like 10 bucks maybe since you're out of the way, if you can't find a ride for sure, pm me with your address and phone number and I'll be there. I'll let everyone know by tomorrow if I'm going.

Robfox

Smash Lord
Doubles total is 45$ at the door (still save 5$ for pre-registering).
If I do end up playing, I'll need to have someone who isn't playing at the time that I can trust to watch the bracket and keep an eye on matches.
You guys are too much - pressuring me to play :).

wait wait WAT doubles is 45 dollars ALONE for each team whats that like 22.50 a partner and singles are still 25......WTH
edit: watz venue?

Top Bottom