• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest ChainGrab Timing

Noraa

Smash Lord
Well, i just started using D3 and all the characters that can be cg have differnt timing. Is there something you do to keep the same tempo of the grabs.
Im having a really difficult time cg peach.

Any help?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Timing should be the same for just about all of them. Try switching from dash grabs to shield canceled grabs or vice versa.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
the only time i have problems is like with martha and his fast upb can break it unless you cg right..

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
and bowser, and others . Really though, once I got the hang of shield cancelled grabs, my grab game got SO much better

Noraa

Smash Lord
Yeah i changed B to shield so i can just slide my finger from B to A and get that grab fast. Thanks, it makes it so much easier

finalstain

Smash Rookie
Its been a while since I played DDD, but I recall Toon Link being a bit hard to cg

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
Anyways, the hardest character to chain grab in my opinion is Marth if your using the SCG style. If your not frame perfect, your going to eat an Up B. It's crazy how fast that move of his comes out. :dizzy:
I agree, usually I'm able to get it frame perfect but still there are those times when you barely get the timing wrong and you get punished for it(especially when you are at a high percent).

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol Tero don't send them to the Marth topic, it devolved into a flame war halfway through the first page.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Yeah, you can. :) Anyways, the hardest character to chain grab in my opinion is Marth if your using the SCG style. If your not frame perfect, your going to eat an Up B. It's crazy how fast that move of his comes out. :dizzy:
I see alot of this statement here, because its true. however, know that the first thing a marth is going to try to do is up b out of the chaingrab. Use this to your advantage. Fake him out and have him whiff and punish with a fair, down b, up smash or tilt, or chase and regrab. This way the marth will begin to doubt if the up b is such a good idea. Then pat yourself on the back for the great mindgames you've just pulled off.:laugh:

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I see alot of this statement here, because its true. however, know that the first thing a marth is going to try to do is up b out of the chaingrab. Use this to your advantage. Fake him out and have him whiff and punish with a fair, down b, up smash or tilt, or chase and regrab. This way the marth will begin to doubt if the up b is such a good idea. Then pat yourself on the back for the great mindgames you've just pulled off.:laugh:
I was just going to say this. Bait the dolphin slash, then punish or regrab.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
The Hardest Chaingrab timing for me is probably chaingrabbing Ike, I always mess up when I chaingrab Ike. :(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Actually, the hardest CG timing is doing the normal CG on Luigi, simply because of how tight your timing has to be. You seriously have to be nearly frame perfect.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
Actually, the hardest CG timing is doing the normal CG on Luigi, simply because of how tight your timing has to be. You seriously have to be nearly frame perfect.
Right...I'll do that...

Top Bottom