• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest Boss Move To Dodge?

Life

Smash Hero
Note: I use Fox for Boss Battles, makes Meta Ridley a joke and lets you hang back and laser spam if your percents start getting high.

That being said, Off Waves would not be difficult if it weren't an OHKO move. I think the fact that it's played up in SSE's cutscenes and the fact that it OHKOs on higher difficulties tends to psych people out--"oh crap, I don't want those other nine victories to go to waste, NOOOOOOO *misses dodge*"

Everything else Tabuu does is easily dodged with either reflector hover or airdodge. Except telexplode, which if I'm at high percents is taken care of by standing back and laser spamming the first one, then airdodging if he comes close.

IMO, RayQ's Thunder is pretty bad, I'm sure with practice I could learn to Fox Illusion out of it or something. What I'm surprised I haven't seen is Porky's stab attack. I've learned to simply stand back and laser Porky (moreso than other bosses) because it kinda draws you into the attack. It's shieldable (the initial hits generally go over your head) but there's enough hits that your shield may break (IDK, it's been a while) or you can DI down out of it if you ARE hit, but that's only damage control. The electrical orb thing is pretty bad too. Duon and Galleom's spin attacks aren't horrible but you have to be careful of those IMO.

UberMario

Smash Master
IMO, RayQ's Thunder is pretty bad, I'm sure with practice I could learn to Fox Illusion out of it or something.
You can use your shield, just becareful not to hold it out too early or the lightning will break it. (Usually with a full shield you'll be left with about 15-20% of the original size, so if you had to use it before you're pretty much screwed out of a 0% boss rush run) I do agree this is the hardest move to avoid though, Porky's laser a close second.

What I'm surprised I haven't seen is Porky's stab attack. .
You'll definitely see it if you use a character without projectiles, the player has to practically be right next to Porky in order for him to use it.

Skyline4lyf3

Smash Rookie
Porky's laser USED to be the most difficult attack for me to dodge, but i started using air dodge on it twice by standing close to him and i rarely ever get damage from it now.

For me, the hardest boss still [and the only one I can't seem to kill without getting damage] is Duon. I hate the pink side :( I'd rather kill tabuu twice than duon once.

Master and Crazy Hands are easy. Just use a multi hit attack(I do it for of them execept Meta Ridely) or a pogo stickish attack ((Toon) Link's D-air)

Tabuu.......OMG! I got lucky. I air dodged.

Blissard

Smash Lord
This isn't a boss, but in the SSE, I hate those things that explode in a green electric light if you or your attack touches it, because some characters don't have projectiles...

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
If you don't know what you're doing, Tabuu's stupid Off-Waves are DEVASTATING. I'm still mad that I had to go browse through SmashWiki just to find out how to beat that move, as I prefer beating videogames without guides or online aids, etc. Once you know to air-dodge and/or sidestep, then it becomes much easier to dodge (I don't know about Intense Mode, though...)

The one where Tabuu turns into this yellow thing and carries you off-stage is really troublesome as well.

I haven't challenged the bosses in a while, so I can't really gauge the attacks of the other ones... I know Meta Ridley's "Giga Impact" on the Falcon Flyer was very annoying to deal with on the first few tries... Jumping and Up-Specialing help, but it's still frustrating to encounter...

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
I'd say Porky's laser move, or Rayquaza's thunder attack. I have yet to completely dodge these and take no damage, especially on Intense.

Top Bottom