• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Happy Halloween!

Link to original post: Happy Halloween!

It's the month of Halloween

I do not care if its a bit early. But it would be interesting to get the viewpoint from other smashers if you still celebrate Halloween at all or blow it off as simply another useless holiday.

For myself, I have never done the traditional trick-or-treating. I have always found it a nice little holiday with a theme that produces some interesting media, jokes, and fun. Although, I feel more inclined to start getting into a festive spirit about it more so than in the past for whatever reason. Maybe I will end up going to a few lectures dressed up as something.

Ironman costume is too good.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I love Halloween so much. I'll probably do my gorilla routine again!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's my last trick or treat.

So, I'm wearing a banana suit with a radio.

After this, I'll be enjoying the next halloween by having a major pizza party.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
My birthday is the day after halloween, and so halloween always marks the beginning of the best months of the year, starting with candy consumption, birthday cake, thanksgiving turkey, and then christmas presents.

the only weird thing this year, wal-mart's already put their christmas displays out. wtf, lol

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Going with a custom costume this year. Friends are going to assist, and it's going to be legen-dairy (that is a reference;this costume will not be even slightly relevant to dairy or dairy products). Other than that, we might just do hang out and walk around. Running around throwing salutes in a Red Ranger costume that I've had for 4 years isn't really.... no. Did that last year, mid-day curbside, got honks and and positive feedback.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This year I'm going as a schoolboy.

I think I'll just stake out a little section and watch the parties and people going on by. It's always been fun being a spectator in certain things.

I might go as Regice.

I'm not sure though.
I'd love to see how you would pull that one off.
I'm going to be a zombie. Sounds pretty lame, but I figure that since Halloween is 28 days after my birthday...why not?
Congrats for picking a liberal costume! I feel not lot of people do that anymore. Like the times when you would do the cheap thing and wrap up entirely in toilet paper and you'd be good to go.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Congrats for picking a liberal costume! I feel not lot of people do that anymore. Like the times when you would do the cheap thing and wrap up entirely in toilet paper and you'd be good to go.
Well, it's gonna be a reference to 28 Days Later, so I gotta look viscous lol.

Oh, I recall from elem/mid school that it was really easy to do the mummy bit or the ghost because you only needed a roll or toilet paper or some old sheet. I remember quite a few kids doing this in my k-6 years.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Did this last year, will likely use it again this year when I take my little brother around:

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I have no idea what I'm going to be this year. I have a princess Peach costume, so if I can't find anything, I'll probably be that again or something. I enjoy doing group costumes the most. Like having a bunch of friends coordinate their costumes! ^_^

Speaking of coordinated costumes, I'm not a big fan of MLP, but I found this to be AMAZING. O_O

They're all adorable! <3

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
At my work, it's an unspoken rule that only girls can dress up. If you're a guy, the most you can have is a mask or a cape or something.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like how the fluttershy has the same face in every picture.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think I'm going to buy this Peach outfit at HotTopic. I found something ****tier and more "trap" last year, so I didn't end up buying it.

2009: Alice in Wonderland
2010: French Maid
2011: Peach? I think.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I've never actually done Halloween myself, the only time I did was in 2004 where we just handed out candy and such, but yeah, even though I've never dressed up I've always celebrated it by playing bloody/horror video games as well as a movie of sorts, followed by a nice November to look forward to which has always been a blast.

:phone:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Blegh I don't do Halloween anymore, seems kinda pointless, and no, I don't like candy. Its kinda annoying tbh to have a bunch of kids knocking on your door every 5 minutes for candy so meh

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Man you guys are so lame. Halloween is amazing and I can't imagine wasting the night by doing nothing at home.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's my last trick or treat, :mad:. Fuelbi is fine. I wouldn't be doing that either.
In a few years, I could be doing tourneys called, "house party" during that holiday.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Blegh I don't do Halloween anymore, seems kinda pointless, and no, I don't like candy. Its kinda annoying tbh to have a bunch of kids knocking on your door every 5 minutes for candy so meh

Turn your lights off. Not that hard.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like how the fluttershy has the same face in every picture.
I like how Spelt knew which one was Fluttershy.

I think I'm going to buy this Peach outfit at HotTopic. I found something ****tier and more "trap" last year, so I didn't end up buying it.

2009: Alice in Wonderland
2010: French Maid
2011: Peach? I think.
I scrolled backwards reading this thread and thought you were a girl for a second.

Isn't it cheating to buy an outfit from HotTopic?

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Halloween is a fun holiday. My last trick or treat was back in 2002. I was lame though, because for 7 years I wore the same mask year after year and just went as that. It was just a mask of a blue monster. I brought it to my work one year and scared my co-workers, but that's about it.

Oh yeah, and I also have a tradition of watching the Halloween episode of "The Adventures of Pete and Pete" every year. When I used to go trick or treat my goal was to break my record of how many houses I could get each year in the 2 hour period. On my final year I breached 3 neighborhoods.

My final tradition is to go to Cedar Point and ride coasters and attend the Halloweekends they have. It's nothing scary, but it's all part of the Halloween fun. I need to go to a Haunted House though just for the heck of it.

For the most part I really don't do anything for the holiday besides a few minor things.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I scrolled backwards reading this thread and thought you were a girl for a second.

Isn't it cheating to buy an outfit from HotTopic?
Do you prefer Wet Seal? They're much ****tier, but you lose the video game choices, and just get generic "Sexy Cop" or "Alice in Stipperland". HotTopic has the less-****ty-but-still-trap-worthy clothing, but it usually has a pop culture twist to it.

I'm a loser, so I don't make costumes. I just buy. Honestly, Halloween is cool because you're allowed to look disturbing, and no one would look twice.

Top Bottom