• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Happy Birthday Bowser!

B!squick

Smash Master
Happy 25th Birthday Bowser!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No, that's not a sculpture. That's an actual cake shaped like Bowser. o.o

Well friends and fellow Bowser mains, Daimaō Kuppa sure has come a long way...

Before any of us were even born, Shigeru Miyamoto
decided that Bowser should look like an ox. Like the Ox King from the Toei Animation film Alakazam the Great. But then Takashi Tezuka
told him to stop being a tard, because that looks a hella lot more like a turtle than an ox. Since he was part of a family of critters called Koopa Troopas that were in fact pretty much turtles, Tezuka's idea made alot more sense.

Bowser's Japanese name, for one reason or because Miyamoto is a crazy person, comes from the Japanese name for a Korean dish, gukbap
. He also considered the Japanese names for other Korean foods (yukhoe
and bibimbap
), but I guess he was more of a gukbap guy.

On the 13th of September 1985, the Great Demon King of Korean Foods decided to steal Princess Peach. Twenty five years later, he may have lost the ability to make clones of himself and throw axes, but he's still as awesome in our modern day as he was in the 8-bit era.

Happy birthday big guy. :)

BOWSWER BOARDS COMPILATION VIDEO!
Click here!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Don't let the BBRers get you down, Bowser--you're not over the hill just yet!

calv

Smash Cadet
WOW is it Bowser Birthday today?

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY. AMAZING

B!squick

Smash Master
WOW is it Bowser Birthday today?

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY. AMAZING
EARLY birthday it says. Bowser's first appearance was on the 13th. Same month though. I'd say that calls for celebration.

I had this premade but with the early release of our first comp video I decided, why not?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I owe so much to Bowser. He taught me a lot. His air klaw taught me how to space. His Up B taught me not to roll into my enemies. His weight taught me how to be efficient with kill moves and staling. His fire taught me how to mix up my recovery. His f-smash taught me not to auto pilot, and his size taught me how to sweet spot kicks.

Thank you Bowser and Happy 25th birthday!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's too bad it didn't upload into HD. But I dig it. :)

I especially love how epic my clips look, haha.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
HD wont get the video better tho, maybe the effects and the messages in between.
The wii can only output 480p, only with use of the Dolphin Emulator, wich can run in HD, you can get brawl in actual HD. So it doesnt matter a lot.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I don't know what's worse...

The Yotsuba, the Gurren Lagann, or the fact that I recognized both.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Happy birthday Boozer! Everybody loves Boozer! May the Koopa King live long and prosper!! xDDD

A lot of things I didn't know from this thread so cool Nintendo history!

B!squick

Smash Master
Curse you Halo: Reach! Not only did I miss the actual birth date but I never got around to buying the booze I was going to use to toast the big guy. :(

Top Bottom