• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I like Halo 3 better than Halo 2 because they have a fewer number of ghey maps and they managed to remove all those stupid weapon glitches.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sweet. I (and my pseudo-step brother) got my router to work with XBox live. This means that I no longer have to plug directly into the modem to play, thus kicking everyone else off the internet in the house.

Hence, I can play Halo much more often now. Plus, I picked up another headset, so Alicia (girlfriend) or Kevin (before-mentioned pseudo-step-brother) will play and talk too. Just social with them on, though, cuz only I have a live account.

Sweet.

EDIT: Actually, a friend of mine recovered his Live account on my Xbox a while back. I could just steal his if we wanted to do ranked. That would work.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Guests can't use headsets, Alt. As long as your other friend didn't re-recover his account on a different Xbox, his account will work great.

F8AL, I completely disagree with you about Halo 2's maps. Halo 2's maps were leagues better than Halo 3's. Even the crappiest Halo 2 map is better than the best Halo 3 map. That being Ivory Tower vs. Valhalla. And being a long time Halo 2 player, I never noticed any of the weapon glitches that were apparently so rampant throughout the game and never witnessed BXRing.

Anyhoo, the reason I popped into this topic. Bungie didn't unveil the 2nd Legendary Map Pack map like they said they were going to (it'll now be revealed on Tuesday), but they did show vehicle skins specific to the level. The Mongoose, Warthog and Hornet (yes, the Hornet) are all snow-washed. The Scorpion also gets a paint job, sporting snow-camo. The Hornet is also receiving an update with the new map pack, it'll no longer be a devastating tool of indestructibleness. Its rockets have been removed. The chain guns it features have also been toned down, Bungie didn't really specify if it were accuracy that was nerfed, or actual damage the bullets do. The Hornet is now described as an aerial support vehicle, much like the Banshee.

Hopefully the map turns out to be Sidewinder. Chances are looking even better for that now with the snow-washed vehicles. And it's very interesting that all the UNSC vehicles got cosmetic changes to the map and Covenant vehicles weren't mentioned. Is the map going to feature the new Hornet, Scorpion, Warthog and Mongoose? No Covenant vehicles by default?

bored

Smash Ace
The rockets have been taken off? Might as well just get rid of it then.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Would the Covenant vehicles even get any visual changes from the snow? By the looks of them I would say the snow would just slip right off.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh really Cashed? That sucks! How does the recovering gamertag thing work exactly then? Cuz my friend was over a while ago, recovered it, and presumably wanted to play with his account at his house after that point. Will it remove his profile from my XBox, or will it be on both.

****it. I hope I didn't waste fricking 20 dollars on a **** microphone if I can't use it.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
If it happened like this:

- He recovered his account on your 360
- He played on your 360
- He went home
- He recovered his account on his 360

It will not work on your 360. His account will show up in the log in area, but if you choose it, it won't sign into Live.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If it happened like this:

- He recovered his account on your 360
- He played on your 360
- He went home
- He recovered his account on his 360

It will not work on your 360. His account will show up in the log in area, but if you choose it, it won't sign into Live.
What if you know his password? A while ago, my friend wasn't using his Xbox Live account so he gave me his password and I recovered it on my 360 then used it for a few months, after that, he recovered it back on his 360 and changed the password so I couldn't log into it...then I got my own gold account! :)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
****it. That was what I was afraid of. I'm sure he recovered it on his own Box by now. Grr, I totally wasted $20 on that headset then. Why can't guests use headsets? Why!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I've always wondered that too. I have four freaking mics (haven't paid for any of them) and at most, two will be in use when my friend comes over and recovers his account. But I live far away from him now so that never happens.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Hey, guys.

I want to get into Halo 3, but I don't know where to start. BTW, I've played Halo 3, and I suck donkey balls at it. I suck at Halo like a limbless man trying to jump.

halp

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Wow, I had one of the best games ever on Saturday in Halo 3. It was Social Slayer on Construct and I was on the top floor and I picked up this guy's sword, beat down someone killing my ally, then another guy came around the corner and killed my damaged ally then i beat them down as well, then i got the double kill medal, then 5 seconds later, 3 guys came up on the gold lift and i got 7 medals at once:

1 double kill
1 triple kill
3 beat downs
1 killing spree
1 sword spree

it sucks how halo 3 only displays 4 medals at once, when i got all the above medals, it displayed:

1 triple kill
1 beat down
1 killing spree and
1 sword spree

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=381910116&player=II F8AL II

and im glad that im back to lvl 30 in team slayer, ive been kinda dropping in levels lately because of bad teammates. and ive gotten so good with the BR now, dropped a guy with only 4 bursts. :p

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
sounds like fun

so how many perfections do you guys have?

i gots 2. =D

i really want to get unstoppable. but i think thats 25 kills without dieing and winning the match. so its kind of hard to get...

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
G-Mo! You want to play Halo? You should just come over and hang for a little bit. I can show you how to play.

Goofy: I got an Unstoppable-Perfection game. It was social slayer against a team of completely helpless noobs. They practically lined up and took turns getting 4 shotted by my BR. It wasn't that big of an accomplishment, but I got the medal!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Yeah, all of my friends play, and Omar is ridiculous, I just want to play with them without embarrassing myself.

For example, I am hilariously unaware of my surroundings. Even some of my friends that aren't really that good come up behind me and melee me to death. Apparently, it is a OHKO, if they get you from behind. It makes me sad.

Plus, I like the way you can customize your dude. I saw this EVA helmet online, and it looks quite badass.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to teach me the ropes? I just got it back and I forgot like everything. My GT is Aro23r if anyone wants to play tonight.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
The site will be updated "very late" tonight with details on "cottonball".

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Well, yesterday Luke Smith posted on NeoGAF's forums saying that the announcement had been delayed to Wednesday due to their publisher (Microsoft, lawl) but so many **** people have been complaining on their forums that they said they'll post the information very late tonight. Sounds good enough to me. I just want to see the **** thing.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is the legendary map pack supposed to have the lockout remake? I thought I heard that, but can't find it now. (I haven't kept up on it much)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
F8AL, I completely disagree with you about Halo 2's maps. Halo 2's maps were leagues better than Halo 3's. Even the crappiest Halo 2 map is better than the best Halo 3 map. That being Ivory Tower vs. Valhalla. And being a long time Halo 2 player, I never noticed any of the weapon glitches that were apparently so rampant throughout the game and never witnessed BXRing.
Halo 2 has alot of bad maps. (warlock and backwash for examples) Inside Halo 3, the only "bad" maps (maps I like the least basically, not really hate them but...w/e) are sandtrap and Valhalla (In my opinion). And Ivory Tower was not a crappy map, same for Valhalla being the "best" Halo 3 map. Certain weapon glitches were common when I played Halo 2 such as
melee cancelling, super bouncing, double shotting and a few others I can't remember.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
According to speculation, yes. The Legendary Map Pack is believed to consist of Ghost Town (confirmed, once known as O.K. Corral), Sidewinder (currently codenamed "Cottonball") and Lockout (currently codenamed "Moonlight Sonata").

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Moonlight_Sonata_(Level)

Though I don't know how much credibility to put into that page, as it says that it's unsure if Moonbase Alpha and Moonlight Sonata are the same level or not, when they obviously are. Bungie has described Moonbase Alpha as big, while Moonlight Sonata is said to be small, interconnected platforms under a starry sky like the one at the beginning of campaign.

The starry sky thing has me excited. Halo has never had a night time multiplayer level before. Could be totally unfair though, Blue Team is already had enough to see in Blue Base on Narrows.

AND GUARDIAN IS NOT A REMAKE OF LOCKOUT

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13382

Legendary Map: Avalanche

Posted by lukems at 3/18/2008 10:51 PM PDT

"Avalanche (AKA Cotton Ball), the second map from next month’s Legendary Map pack – due April 15th for 800 marketplace points (remember, we just make the maps, we don't get to price them) – is a lovingly crafted reimagination of Halo: Combat Evolved classic Sidewinder. It wouldn’t be wholly accurate to call it a “remake,” but elements of Avalanche are certainly culled from Sidewinder – it has the same familiar U-shape, multiple ways from base-to-base, and a whole sandbox full o’ vehicles to play with. But there are many, many changes too."

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
No, listen to Bungie. It's a spiritual successor to Lockout, not a remake. If spiritual successor = remake then there are two Zanzibars in Halo 3. Last Resort, as we all know, is a remake of Zanzibar. High Ground, on the other hand, is referred to as Zanzibar's spiritual sucessor. Look at how differently they play, and look at how differently Lockout and Guardian play. Lockout had three stories at all but one of the platforms, Guardian only has three stories on one of the platforms. Not to mention that Guardian doesn't play nearly as well as Lockout because of the power-ups that litter the map. The Overshield and Active Camo are so unnecessary and make the Sniper Tower the place to camp.

ANYWAYS.

Avalanche

Very purdy. Though I do like mancannons (especially when people you're playing have no idea what they're doing and just keep pouring over them on Valhalla), I'm thinking it'll be really weird to play Sidewinder with them. It may feel weird calling this Sidewinder for a bit, too, as it doesn't have the tunnel that connects the two bases (a good thing in my opinion, but it was one of those things that you have to remember from the map) and the bases look SO different. And I don't see any ice patches out in the middle of the map to absolutely kill my Warthog driving... good, good.

The bad news for the Legendary Map Pack also comes with its announcement. 800 points, again. Seems Bungie knows that the price point irks people too, as they say "we only make maps, we don't price them!" in the update on their website concerning Avalanche. But thankfully we get a release date out of the update as well, April 15th.

Xbox.com's press release on the Legendary Map Pack doesn't detail the 3rd map, but says "stay tuned for full details on another returning classic … fans of smaller Slayer maps, it’s time to get excited."

An actual Lockout remake confirmed.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Yeah its Lockout no doubt about it. And there was this article that was linked to in the Bungie.net Halo 3 forum which gives even more indication towards Lockout.

And considering Halo 3 is my first Halo game I cant wait to play this level which I missed last time around.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
The starry sky thing has me excited. Halo has never had a night time multiplayer level before. Could be totally unfair though, Blue Team is already had enough to see in Blue Base on Narrows.

AND GUARDIAN IS NOT A REMAKE OF LOCKOUT
i don't have a problem with that, maby the'll make special colors for night map team. i also owe several games to being blue on etipah, blend in when your teamate quit.

Yeah its Lockout no doubt about it. And there was this article that was linked to in the Bungie.net Halo 3 forum which gives even more indication towards Lockout.

And considering Halo 3 is my first Halo game I cant wait to play this level which I missed last time around.
ditto

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
800 Microsoft points roughly turns into $10. I'm still waiting for the "Heroic Map Pack" to become free. :urg:

bored

Smash Ace
Same here, well, if I only had 800 MP's I would go and download it. I'm almost dying to get shivering isles.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Off-topic: Every Halo map pack will eventually become free anyways so if I had Microsoft points, I'd probably buy Metal Slug off the XBLA. Gamer-pics and themes are a waste of $$$ IMO.

Back on topic: I'll be waiting for the Legendary map pack to be free as well, and no im not cheap, i can afford Microsoft points but i dont wanna spend money on DLC. The new maps look so sick, can't wait for the Lockout remake!

Top Bottom