• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also Swiss I want you to explain to me howww you read J as town, like, seriously
I'll teach you to get good one of these days. Intent, not outcome.

Also lamo at Swiss guessing the theme was The Room.
That.... although the way I think is normally a bonus in that I'm awesome, it is beyond me how people got the theme so soon.

Gheb, I said I had a bone to pick with you on Skype the other day. This is it.
Wtf was that. After I died you were the biggest force left in the game, you have good experience in leading town and some people might even go as far to say you're almost as good as me, but you ****ed up bad. Cut the attitude, you were so fixated on being "right" that you failed to lead (and were infact wrong). Easily your worst performance of late. I'll admit this town weren;t exactly co-operative, but c'mon man.

Ryker, get dumped on. Comin' at ya from every angle. I always beat you. You have no chance. No chance. Might as well quit Dgames. Hell, I'm playing you right now.

Scum utterly fell apart in what should have been an easy win. After Tanny died not one of you was willing to make decisions, plan tactics or try to be an in-thread force. What you need to start realising is that the, when it comes to mafia, the only thing worse than the wrong decision, is no decision.

J you played terribly and need to re-think your attitude, it is inherently, useless, anti-town, irritating and wasted too much of my time trying to pin. Take a step back, think if what you're doing is productive. It's all very well to play to irritate, but you have to be able to use that, to gain reads and force decisions, all you did was irritate then whine. Not pleased.

I didn't keep up with the game enough to comment on other plays, but I understand July did well, so props.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@Ran. He just started acting differently. Even in the QT, he hadn't participated that much before and he had a few scum reads but he started acting differently after Ryker was lynched. He had given Asdioh and X1 as scumpicks and started agreeing with a lot of what I had said. I kept trying to drop little questions in the QT that would have helped me get a better read, but he ended up never responding to any of them.

Swiss

Smash Lord
See: Location.

Follow: Swiss.

Protect: Swiss.

Keep following Swiss.

Game won? Thank Swiss!
Game not won? Lynch Swiss, he's scum.

But he already won....

A laugh, a cackle. The figure would return. Masks. Façade. Charade.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Nabe, i don't understand my blacklist, is it because of my activity?

i was fairly active this game, i don't remember how/why i was replaced, and to be honest i thought scum was going to win this, severely dissapointed as far as that goes.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Soup, how many games have you joined? How many of those have you replaced out/been modkilled?

As I said, I thought your scumplay was pretty good. I reread your slot a bit and it just seemed townie to me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sang said:
I was so pissed off the night I died. Ask J.
Laughed so dag on hard like incredibly too loud for a library setting.

This game was meh for me. Great flavour Nabe however.

July <333 mucho hearts for winning this game for town.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
shoutouts to J's slot for being so townie and not getting lynched, thus not ruining my unlynchable streak or anything like that.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup, how many games have you joined? How many of those have you replaced out/been modkilled?

As I said, I thought your scumplay was pretty good. I reread your slot a bit and it just seemed townie to me.
Dissida - finished (Lynched D3)
Bingo - finished (Lynched D4)
Pizza - finished (NK'd N3ish)
RE4 - replaced in (Lynched D4-5)
DKR - replaced D2
Newbie 13 - modkilled D3
Utrick'd - modkilled D3..
Pulp Fiction - NK'd N3
Touhou - NK'd N2-N3/whatever
Dgray - NK'd N3-N4/whatever
Gurren Laggan - Lynched D3
Melee mafia - Modkilled D1
Ducktales - endgamed D4
Upick pokemafia - replaced D2-D3
AM mafia - replaced D1
FFIX - replaced D2
Halloween Party - Replaced D1/D2
Ragnarok - Replaced D1

3 modkills
6 replacements

that's not that bad lol, and my modkills were because of

1. a quick edit
2. posted a hydra log
3. out of game influence

and my recent replacements have just been because of time, i usually stuck through my games back then, i've just been on a terrible slump.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i've played about that many games and never replaced out or got modkilled

oh wait time travelers lolololololololo xD

man i miss reyth

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
lol Soup what Warlus you toasting? Six replacements is really quite bad, and you didn't even mention AM mafia.

@Ran: I thought that you were going to live long, and plus I needed a way to see what EBR's alignment was without wasting a registration on him (I had no idea how long he was going to live).

EDIT: nvm I missed that, you did mention AM mafia.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Sword was basically the same role Kuz had in Touhou, except not BP right? Ouch. Kuz only won that game because he was BP lol.

#HBC | Dancer

Basically, but I DID have a flavor cop bonus.

Also Kuzi was BP? Lucky. I would honestly of rather been BP than have a flavor cop, but meh. At least it wasn't JUST flutter. That would of sucked.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Grats on the win, Town. You guys really pulled together and made some amazing reads.

I'm a little sad my side lost because I honestly thought we had this game in the bag. I think that's ultimately why we fell apart. Too cocky, not enough planning.

I had a great time this game. I felt I played well and really enjoyed all my interactions with all the players. Loved the theme and the death scenes made me laugh several times.

Thanks for having me as a replacement and I look forward to Nabe's next game.

MVP JULY

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
playedtriple the games as soup and have never been modkilled and only replaced out once

lol at him not thinking that record was bad

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
can you give the example for this setup?

because that didn't exactly happen. lolyakparanoia

July

Smash Apprentice
Laughed so dag on hard like incredibly too loud for a library setting.

This game was meh for me. Great flavour Nabe however.

July <333 mucho hearts for winning this game for town.
Dawww thank you J <333

@Tandora, it was fun to play with you, I thought you played really well, claims and the things Gova pointed out made me worry about you but without the resultant info I don't think I could or would even be confident in pushing your lynch. Also you are incredibly nice, which made the game more enjoyable :)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dawww thank you J <333

@Tandora, it was fun to play with you, I thought you played really well, claims and the things Gova pointed out made me worry about you but without the resultant info I don't think I could or would even be confident in pushing your lynch. Also you are incredibly nice, which made the game more enjoyable :)
And that's why neither of you will ever be able to read the other and I will never be able to play a game where I don't think you both look scummy as hell (hint, that's because you do).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I forgot a shoutout.

@EBR: you were incredibly nice, which made the game more enjoyable :)

July

Smash Apprentice
And that's why neither of you will ever be able to read the other and I will never be able to play a game where I don't think you both look scummy as hell (hint, that's because you do).
Errr whatever? You are gonna read me as scum no matter what, and I'm gonna read you as scum too bro because you just always aim for self-preservation even if that's not in town's best interest (ex: Awkward Moments Mafia) which makes you look scummy as hell too ;)

Tandora is fun to play with and did make the game more enjoyable, it doesn't mean I DIDN'T push her lynch or consider the possibility of her being scum, and it doesn't mean I won't be able to read her, I just didn't feel the need to get all *****y EVEN while pushing her lynch, which is nice every now and then. It never works out that way with you, although I'm quite used to that by now and playing against you is enjoyable in its own...peculiar way.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I love that italics poetic shtick, very entertaining. For the record.
Ah, I do try.

I'm going to show the people of Dgames that the board doesn't belong to the criminals and the corrupt. People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy. I can't do this as Swiss. A man is just flesh and blood and can be ignored or destroyed. But as a symbol... as a symbol, I can be incorruptible, everlasting.

Wait, did Swiss just quote Batman? Did he just liken himself to the Batman? An outrageous comparison. The Batman is nowhere near as powerful as Swiss.

It's simple, we kill the Swiss.

#HBC | ѕoup

playedtriple the games as soup and have never been modkilled and only replaced out once

lol at him not thinking that record was bad

:phone:
Its not, all of these are more recent due to time restrictions, I'm still contemplating if I have time and patientence for another game.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Ah, I do try.

I'm going to show the people of Dgames that the board doesn't belong to the criminals and the corrupt. People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy. I can't do this as Swiss. A man is just flesh and blood and can be ignored or destroyed. But as a symbol... as a symbol, I can be incorruptible, everlasting.

Wait, did Swiss just quote Batman? Did he just liken himself to the Batman? An outrageous comparison. The Batman is nowhere near as powerful as Swiss.

It's simple, we kill the Swiss.
I thought you were quoting V for Vendetta. =p

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Dawww thank you J <333

Thanks July that means a lot to me!

I liked having a game where I just played and had fun and didn't get frustrated. I fear it's mostly because I was scum though. Now to play that way again as town. XD

Ryker just butt hurt because he thinks the only way to succeed is to be a big jerk as possible. I won't deny it gets results and he's respected as a "good" player, but I still feel that there are other methods of legit play and I think July is an excellent example of how being nice doesn't make you bad.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Tanny you played really well as scum from me and Sang's perspective. ^^ You tricked us both so good on ya girl.

#HBC | Dancer

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks July that means a lot to me!

I liked having a game where I just played and had fun and didn't get frustrated. I fear it's mostly because I was scum though. Now to play that way again as town. XD

Ryker just butt hurt because he thinks the only way to succeed is to be a big jerk as possible. I won't deny it gets results and he's respected as a "good" player, but I still feel that there are other methods of legit play and I think July is an excellent example of how being nice doesn't make you bad.
Yeah I think everyone has different ways of reading people. For example, I remember Ryker saying in TT endgame talk that he did some things in a certain way to read some people, through emotions. So I can tell that he isn't just being a **** for the hell of it (at times I think he can be : P ) but I can see that he does have a purpose.

I think July is now developing her own way of reading people. She likes to let people react to what she says so she can observe their reactions, instead of really poking them. (for example, with her case, she would want to see what people would say without her forcing it out of them). She can misread someone if they are nice to her, though. That can be a weakness for her.

Example, one time in Marathon Mafia, I was pushing for a scummy person, who turned out to be scum. (Tanstalas) He gave a town read on July, and she didn't really think he was scum, but I was persistent with him and he turned out to be scum.

Ok, later on she seemed to have been scum who refused to bus him, but this was not the case. She really was town (it turned out), but she just didn't vote him because she liked that he read her as town. (This is what I remember, if this was not the case, please correct me, July)

Also, I may have strayed from a consistent train of thought here, sorry if it doesn't add up. I just wanted to talk about how Ryker and July play from my perspective. I might add to it later : D

Also, both are interesting to play with.

July

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I think everyone has different ways of reading people. For example, I remember Ryker saying in TT endgame talk that he did some things in a certain way to read some people, through emotions. So I can tell that he isn't just being a **** for the hell of it (at times I think he can be : P ) but I can see that he does have a purpose.

I think July is now developing her own way of reading people. She likes to let people react to what she says so she can observe their reactions, instead of really poking them. (for example, with her case, she would want to see what people would say without her forcing it out of them). She can misread someone if they are nice to her, though. That can be a weakness for her.

Example, one time in Marathon Mafia, I was pushing for a scummy person, who turned out to be scum. (Tanstalas) He gave a town read on July, and she didn't really think he was scum, but I was persistent with him and he turned out to be scum.

Ok, later on she seemed to have been scum who refused to bus him, but this was not the case. She really was town (it turned out), but she just didn't vote him because she liked that he read her as town. (This is what I remember, if this was not the case, please correct me, July)

Also, I may have strayed from a consistent train of thought here, sorry if it doesn't add up. I just wanted to talk about how Ryker and July play from my perspective. I might add to it later : D

Also, both are interesting to play with.
I am developing different styles of reading people, and while that's true that if I can wait and see how people respond, like I wanted to do with Shadow Moth to the night action and his building wagon, I will. However I AM willing to prod people and challenge them until I get what I want or until they are lynched, ex: trying to get EBR to respond to my case against him this game. Honestly it's all just strategies like Swiss said earlier and like Kuz told me before to look at the intent in someone's actions, by whatever means I can. I also think that playing with Kuz has made me a little more cautious and more aware of distinguishing nice from pro-town, considering whenever he's nice to me he's always scum :rolleyes: So I understand that "nice" doesn't have value in terms of distinguishing scum from town, it just affects how enjoyable the game is. So does competitiveness and conflict, but in different ways and to different degrees.

Errrr I don't remember any of the Marathon Mafia games lol, I could never keep up with anything so I really had to either sheep or just go off superficial stuff. I take a completely different approach to marathon/aim mafia, it's definitely not my forte and so I usually just go in completely for fun and with little expectations of catching scum or staying alive.

Ryker and I just have completely different approaches and theories about the game which brings us into conflict all the damn time, that's not going to change unless one of us changes our playstyle.

Top Bottom