• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Maybe they have an option to pick Ultra I or Ultra II :p
If the voice clips are any indication, he will have EX moves and a super available to him, meaning he is very likely to have a super meter mechanic, as I suspected he might have a long time ago.

For you non-Street Fighter players, what this means is, Ryu will have a meter next to his life indicator, similar to Mac's KO meter. This will fill up as he both attacks and gets attacked. He will be able to expend portions of this meter on enhanced versions of his special moves, and when the meter is full he will have access to a super fireball which could be deadly.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Judging by the slightly refined model for Ken (which seems to be done with his SFIV model) I guess he could be an Assist Trophy; but we'll just find out tomorrow!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, just like Lucas, Ryu and Roy will be unusable at EVO.

Mr. Fighting Game Himself, Ryu, will not be playable at EVO. Who'd have thought?

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
All day I just

but yeah, I wasn't expecting this at all. Put Ryu back in my mind 'cause I couldn't fathom Sakurai putting him in. How perfect would that be, though, y'know? I always thought that. The Grandaddy of All Fighters in a game with an equally historic cast of characters and their lineage/pedigree in their respective genres.

(even though I'm a Gouki main at heart, but hey)

I'm super, super stoked. He may not replace my boy D3 but he's gonna be a really close second. I'mma lab him super hard.

Smooth Criminal
Yo but if Ryu can FADC this game is screwed. Prepare for the Ryu Umeshoryu uprising.

ApolloJustice

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trips97
3DS FC
4399-1028-9689
Switch FC
SW 3765 5242 2129
If the voice clips are any indication, he will have EX moves and a super available to him, meaning he is very likely to have a super meter mechanic, as I suspected he might have a long time ago.

For you non-Street Fighter players, what this means is, Ryu will have a meter next to his life indicator, similar to Mac's KO meter. This will fill up as he both attacks and gets attacked. He will be able to expend portions of this meter on enhanced versions of his special moves, and when the meter is full he will have access to a super fireball which could be deadly.
Thing is, how will they be expended? Like Mac where KO Punch replaces Straight Lunge or a special input? I mean, a quarter circle input for EX moves would be cool and fairly unobtrusive, so.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
His final Smash isn't Metsu its Shin Shoryuken the one Gouken taught him after SF4. Look at his pose when he connects the second hit and compare it to the after image in the trophy, Metsu is different.

Street fighter 3 master race.

PsychoJosh

Thing is, how will they be expended? Like Mac where KO Punch replaces Straight Lunge or a special input? I mean, a quarter circle input for EX moves would be cool and fairly unobtrusive, so.
Well, again, this ties into Street Fighter's gameplay.

In Street Fighter, to do an EX move, you do the same input for the move you normally would, except you press TWO buttons instead of one. So if you want an EX fireball for example (the normal version is quarter circle forward + any punch), you instead do quarter circle forward + any TWO punches.

This could operate the same way in Smash. Let's say B is his fireball. Therefore, to do an EX fireball, you press A+B at the same time. This simulates Street Fighter's input system where you input two buttons to get an EX move.

So:

EX Fireball: Press A and B at the same time.
EX Uppercut: Press Up+A+B at the same time.
EX Spinning Kick: Press Forward+A+B at the same time.

It's not very difficult to do, and would make Ryu particularly interesting in this game.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I woke up and logged onto my computer, saw that my Youtube and Miiverse alerts had ABSOLUTELY blew up. I was wondering what had happened for this to be going on. Then I see in those alerts that apparently Roy and Ryu were leaked AGAIN so I rushed over to SmashBoards and...

Tears of joy, not gonna lie. :laugh:

Last edited:

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791

In Street Fighter, to do an EX move, you do the same input for the move you normally would, except you press TWO buttons instead of one. So if you want an EX fireball for example (the normal version is quarter circle forward + any punch), you instead do quarter circle forward + any TWO punches.

This could operate the same way in Smash. Let's say B is his fireball. Therefore, to do an EX fireball, you press A+B at the same time. This simulates Street Fighter's input system where you input two buttons to get an EX move.

So:

EX Uppercut: Press Up+A+B at the same time.
EX Spinning Kick: Press Forward+A+B at the same time.

It's not very difficult to do, and would make Ryu particularly interesting in this game.
One small hurdle - given that A+B was updated to perform smashes if toggled on in 1.0.6, wouldn't the smash attacks override the EX moves if such an input were performed?

Otherwise you're probably on the money with EX moves and that would be really awesome

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait to see Ryu combo into his Final Smash. That would totally be a EVO hype moment if they allowed items. :colorful:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Once, Street Fighter II Victory hit me right in the feelings with the Hadouken Theme... now, after sometime, Street Fighter is doing that again!...
--This year is going to be great for SF and Ryu fans! Smash4, PxZ2, SFV!.. everything is great! =D

PsychoJosh

One small hurdle - given that A+B was updated to perform smashes if toggled on in 1.0.6, wouldn't the smash attacks override the EX moves if such an input were performed?
I dunno, probably. I doubt there's many people who use that to do Smash Attacks anyways.

It's how I would do it if I were making the game.

D

Deleted member

And... here's this!

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My guess is we might be getting more than SF music, we might get some Final Fight, Rival Schools and more Capcom fighters

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice

A+B is The input for an instant F-smash. So no.
I dont think there will be metter, looks like something that would be shown on The trailer. Not The metter itself, but at least The would show an Ex attack, to make people especulate: "Will he have metter or They just chose to use Fire Haduken instead do regular?"

PS: NO EVIL RYU SKIN?!?!?!

Last edited:

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
A+B is The input for an instant F-smash. So no.
I dont think there will be metter, looks like something that would be shown on The trailer. Not The metter itself, but at least The would show an Ex attack, to make people especulate: "Will he have metter or They just chose to use Fire Haduken instead do regular?"
Data mining confirms the new characters don't have custom specials, so Shakunetsus would have to be either charged Hadokens or run on the Super Meter.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Not gonna lie, Ryu looks sick! Plus, he has all the moves I predicted him to have as his specials when I made my moveset for him when the leaks started.

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
Not gonna lie, Ryu looks sick! Plus, he has all the moves I predicted him to have as his specials when I made my moveset for him when the leaks started.
Besides that black ink thing, it wasnt hard to Guess his moveset. Talking about the ink thing, how does it work?
Ps: I thought it would be that thing where The SF character takes The damage and then started healing it instead of The ink punch.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
UMvC3 gave Ryu a Ken and Evil Ryu colour. Don't see why Smash didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom