• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hack Melee to improve lower tiers

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Fixing crappy and useless moves wouldn't be hard though. Kirby's throws for example could be given higher knockback and become unbreakable (D-Throw NEEDS more knockback). The weird hitbox on his F-Smash could be altered to have all horizontal knockback. U-Smash could have the entire hitbox be KO-able. And Final cutter could be made like Brawl's in which it doesn't remove all of Kirby's jumps (and maybe more knockback). Give him better aerial movement, make F-air like Brawl's, and at least Kirby has more options.

Like I said, it'd just be nice to fix the blatant flaws of low/bottom tiers. Balancing them perfectly (or even close to it) is a pipe dream, but some garbage properties can be fixed.
If you gave Kirby all of that, he'd be broken tier >_>.

I'll stick with bottom tier, thank you very much.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Lets hack Pichu and give it the KNEE!!!
First, we may have to give Pichu a knee to knee with.

Or maybe... we could give EVERY character the KNEE
And make Falcon's always sweetspot... and always kill
Falcon for God Tier
Also, when Falcon taunts, all other characters must immediately stop what they are doing, and dance, effectively showing Falcon their "moves"

Emperor Mario

Smash Cadet
The only thing I would change in melee is combine Mario and Dr. Mario and improve their/his recovery, he's not called Jumpman for nothing.

puckgood

Smash Journeyman
Why do you care, stalker? Don't make me sic the po
@ Yeniths: Thanks!

I have a question.... why has everyone been successful hacking brawl but not melee? I never hear about changing melee (IT DEFINITELY DOESN"T NEED IT) but it seems odd that one seems more viable to hack. Any hackers out there willing to shed some light on the subject?

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
Well, i dunno, i would love to have characters like Mewtwo and Kirby have some tweaks to make them better but it would take plenty of tweaks. If they overshoot, they will be broken, if they undershoot, well congratulations you just made Mewtwo into a character in the top of the low tier. I think just basic things like increase in weight, no hurting yourself, not as much lag would work.

otg

Smash Master
@ Yeniths: Thanks!

I have a question.... why has everyone been successful hacking brawl but not melee? I never hear about changing melee (IT DEFINITELY DOESN"T NEED IT) but it seems odd that one seems more viable to hack. Any hackers out there willing to shed some light on the subject?
We don't need to Hack Melee. This game is way more balanced than Brawl and doesn't need hacking to be playable.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Well, i dunno, i would love to have characters like Mewtwo and Kirby have some tweaks to make them better but it would take plenty of tweaks. If they overshoot, they will be broken, if they undershoot, well congratulations you just made Mewtwo into a character in the top of the low tier. I think just basic things like increase in weight, no hurting yourself, not as much lag would work.
This.

Granted, there are probably a few "little" things we could tweak on Mewtwo/ Pichu. Maybe not to make them "perfectly balanced", but at least make them suck less.

Oracle

Smash Master
Melee isn't horribly unbalanced. Didn't whats his face beat ken with yoshi, and someone else beat him with roy? I have yet to see someone beat M2K's meta knight with jigglypuff.

puckgood

Smash Journeyman
Why do you care, stalker? Don't make me sic the po
We don't need to Hack Melee. This game is way more balanced than Brawl and doesn't need hacking to be playable.
*Hits head against wall* I KNOW that. Didn't you see the bit where I said, in big letters that anyone could read, (IT DEFINITELY DOESN"T NEED IT)? I was asking if there was some technical reason that brawl is more easily hacked. Okay? I DO NOT want to hack melee. It was an academic QUESTION.

Top Bottom