• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HAB Presents: SWAGG2 - Looks like we're all about to get snowed, er, swagged in.

Larz

Smash Cadet
People better go to this, we're driving an hour in the snow because there is nothing to stop me from going to my first tourney.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
like i said, it really depends on how bad it is out. I've had the day off for a long time and will attempt to make it unless it's horrible out

:phone:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
still need to shovel that. Got fined last year for not shoveling the 3 feet of snow fast enough -_-

maybe it'll just stop snowing? =D

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
Boston, MA + KevinM are cancelled for this. Better safe than sorry where my BRAND NEW (also, horrendous in the snow) CAR is concerned.

I was babying it down the street at like 8 mph and still almost got into like 3 accidents.

Also, Larz, I'm sad that the snow is going to put a damper on your first tournament. What's more, I hear you play Ganon. Perhaps I could show you a thing or two...

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Still going on, guys. Next week is just not gonna be able to work for numerous reasons. For my most of out of state peeps who can't show up, its all good. There's a stream and there will be a SWAGG3, almost certainly.

SWAGG2 is on.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
humph. What time are you starting singles? The snow's supposed to stop @ 1. The roads should improve. Despite what gonzales said the roads are sorta meh where i am. I gotta go shovel, i'll check the thread when i'm done

zebra

Smash Cadet
Just got back from driving out there, to be honest it was kind of bad... But like Shadowball said the roads might clear up by like 1-4 today, so who knows...

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Alright, judgment call time (No G&W pun intended):

SWAGG2 will not be getting a "No School" report, but we will be operating on a 3-hour delay schedule.

TOURNAMENT NOW STARTS AT 2PM! THIS SHOULD GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAR OUT AND GET ON THE ROADS SAFELY!

DOUBLES SHOULD NOT BEGIN FOR ANOTHER HOUR AFTER THAT AT LEAST, SO SINGLES LIKELY WON'T START TIL 5PM OR 6PM!

PLAN ACCORDINGLY

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Secondary note:

If you are planning on coming even after the delay, please let me know via text. (And tell me who you are!)

If you are NOT planning on coming, please also let me know via text. Don't drive in this if its too dangerous, guys.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Does this delay mean that we may not have enough time for Draft Crews? Yes.

Does this delay mean the tournament is gonna run way late? Probably not. We ended with plenty of extra time last time.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Matt you're a ****.

Tim, Sloxxy just asked me the same question and frankly I don't know because no-one in the venue is contacting me. I'm gonna keep trying.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
swiftbass is gonna win it. Calling it now

also is there commentary on the livestream? If so i'm interested to commentating some matches.

And singles aren't starting until 5?

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Shadowball / Gonzo... have you guys left yet?

I may be able to reschedule for next weekend and I want to see who would be interested in doing so?

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
@ PC: thats too bad man, would have been cool to see another old school player there.
@HAB: we still havent left yet but everything looks pretty good so far, i mean its pretty stopped snowing from what i see out my window lolz. Shadowball wont have the day off next weekend so that would pretty much cut out the springfield crew >_<

Top Bottom