• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GulNer - Big tournament in Norway, 25-27 January (over 70 people now!)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
You "support" wobbling? Wow, why don't you start a fund where you donate money to players who wants to learn the amazing technique. Give them money to travel to tournaments etc =)

And where did I say it gave you an automatic win? I said wobblig was GAY, which is 100% true and it destroys the fun about this game.
Marth's chain throw is also gay, but it isn't banned at all.

And as I edited in the previous post: Those who are banning Wobbling are *******.

Vegard

Smash Lord
WHAT IS THIS NOOBYNESS COMING FROM THIS RANDOM NORWEGIAN guy, living in a barn, BORN in a COWSHED. Me and Nea will show no mercy to you FFF guys. First we're gonna 4-stock you in crews, then we'll make a documentary about it, showing you guys literally lying on the floor crying urself into sleep -dreaming of us beating you, and having nightmares of Nea humiliating your Falco. FFF (and mostly TONBERRY): let me be honest with you, why are you guys even playing this game? :confused:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
no wait... it's so simple, anybody could do it, so can I.
this is just about your old edit XD about
"Please show me where I said I could do well with ICs? " but the wobbling discussion starts and ends with the same conclusion "This is hopeless" so let´s get to talk about the tournament that´s in only a 6 days future^^

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
I said wobblig was GAY
Scrub

which is 100% true
Scrub

and it destroys the fun about this game
Scrub

And where did I say it gave you an automatic win?
You ban things because they're broken, not because you don't like them.

Would you come to a tournament were sheik would be banned, because she's GAY, which is 100% true, and she destroys the fun about this game?

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
... Hahaha, this is bull****!
Wobbling is the most *** technique in this game.

Tonberry: 2 players in the whole world knows how to do the wobbling **** move, over 50% of the times they grab? lol!
EVERY IC player knows how to do that move, and its not that hard!

The wobbling move can make a IC player win easly over players who would normaly destroy him (her?) and should DEFINETLY be banned. It's also a gay way to win, and i seriously can't imagen being proud of myself after i win a battle or tournement using that move.

I'm playing to 4-stock Nea with Bowser. That's the only reason why I play.
That my friend,, will never happen (maybe in ur dreams :laugh: )

Ivo: Why don't u just stick to the dutchie threads?

Ache: I was never trying to make fun of anything, i was just showing them how pathetic it is to use comments as: "If wobbling is going to be banned, then Sheik should be banned as well".

Ah, btw, If sheik were for some reason going to be banned one day, Falco should be as well, cuz he's gay once u can really learn how to use him:chuckle:

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
I said it was game breaking too.

Stop messing around, random dutchie.
Game breaking? Learn how to wobble and win the tournament, that's game breaking. Not just a good or very good move.

I agree that it's gay though, but that's not a reason to ban it.

btw, this 'random dutchie' beat you 2-0 in pouls at rox4, and got first in the poul in which you got 6th or 7th.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, I hear GulNer is hosted in SCRUBVILLE?

Wobbling isn't gamebreaking, so it shouldn't be banned.
Just because a couple of American tournaments banned wobbling, doesn't mean we should too.

Go read up on www.sirlin.net, scrubs! >___<

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Tonberry, if you count bËst as one of the good ICs players in Europe (as you definitely should), you should know that he can definitely wobble, he can do it from 0 to death, but he doesn't ever do it in tournament matches, and it's not like he even needs to.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
just a quick reminder about people who come at ESA 2 and attend this tournament aswell. I will be able to take your entry fee, we need a maximum of it in advance in ordre to rent TVs among other things.
So, bring 40 euros extra for me ^^.

WIDL

We Are Born
Are there so many ICs coming to this tournament? I don't find it necessary banning wobbling, even tough I can't stand it.

But that's only my opinion. Anyways. I can't wait. :)

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
There is one, but that's not the point.
Wobbles must be banned!!

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Wobbles must be banned!!
why banning an american player who hasn´t showed interest in the thread? XD

JD- Do you think taking out 100 euro will be enough for all travelling and so on in paris, or is it way too much? XD

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Tonberry: 2 players in the whole world knows how to do the wobbling **** move, over 50% of the times they grab? lol!
EVERY IC player knows how to do that move, and its not that hard!
That, my friend, is the mountain of bullsh*t. You should know the fact before you claim things like that. It just makes your post too unserious.

Tonberry, if you count bËst as one of the good ICs players in Europe (as you definitely should), you should know that he can definitely wobble, he can do it from 0 to death, but he doesn't ever do it in tournament matches, and it's not like he even needs to.
Yeah, I did count in bËst as one of the best european IC-players. Maybe he can wobble, but I doubt he can do it all the time.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
If wobbling is indeed banworthy, people would be winning ****loads of tourneys with it right now.
I just really don't see that happening.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
I agree with helios on that, wobbling didn't screw up tournament results...
BUT, I think we should ban wobbling anyway cuz it creates big differencies between lower-level players ! for example, 2 same level players face, one of them plays IC and wobbles. unless the other plays peach, it's most likely that the wobbler will **** his opponent, and I don't think that's normal.
so yes, it doesn't change much the high level play, but it does change something in tournaments, and for that, I'm in favour of banning wobbling.
that said, I really don't care if anyone tries wobbling against me, I actually like difficulties, and I make sure not to get grabbed against an IC anyway (the chaingrab with nana's Dair is quite annoying ^^).

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Smasher89 (for example) can beat players or win battles in teams in a gay way by using wobbles.
Thanks to the wobling ofc...
Thta's (one reason) why it should be banned! xD

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zephy - Smasher can beat those same people just by using the OTHER gay grab combos that the ICs have, so that's not really a valid point.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
According to the first post, where all the rules are written, there's no ban on wobbling.
No matter how much you cry about it, I doubt it will get banned. We might as well ban chain throwing, which is just as gay, and in addition very common.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Bery: That sucks so hard >.<
Wobbling = Phail

anyway, who's going to make the barcket? And where's pools? :D

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
anyway, who's going to make the barcket? And where's pools? :D
Shin told me to do it. Therefore I won't make the pools before the people are signed up. It just ends with a remake as some top-players won't show up anyways.

WIDL

We Are Born
I almost remember the whole list for singles:

1. Armada
2. Joanna Dark
3. Helios
4. Tonberry
5. Dev
5. Kriz
7. Akke
7. Kurre
9. Thomas
9. Flikkflakk
9. Efen
9. Aniolas?
13. Smasher89
13. Imperfect
13. Acherontic
13. Android
17. Zaty
17. Askelink
17. DJ Black

That's all I remember, but it's the most of it.

And I believe teams were:

1. Armada & Aniolas
2. DJ Black & Tonberry
3. Joanna Dark & Kriz
4. Akke & Kurre?
5. Helios & C
5. Madlobster & Dev
7. Acherontic & Imperfect
7. Flikkflakk & Efen
9. Widl & Askelink
9. Thomas & Zaty
9. OleJ & Blackout

There are more, so wait and see. ;)

WIDL

We Are Born
This tournament roxxed btw!

Although I totally messed up at pools, I did some pretty good matches against people like Kurre, Thomas and Kriz(especially with Yoshi XD).

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Masamune has retired since he went to University. He may show up again some day, but he's not playing as of now :/

Top Bottom