• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GulNer - Big tournament in Norway, 25-27 January (over 70 people now!)

Shin^

Smash Rookie

Promo video for GulNer!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtMBPxI-im4

UPDATES like rules and when it will start and stuff will come later today!

DATE: 25-27 Januar.

Map:

(1$ is 6 norwegian kr)
Train to Hamar from Oslo City:
Tog bilett fra Oslo koster: (en vei)
Tickets:
Child: 109 kr
Student:163 kr
Adult: 217 kr

Train from Oslo gardemoen Airport to Hamar:
Tickets:
Child: 67
Student: 101 kr
Adult: 134 kr

RULES:
Advanced Slob Picks
Dave's Stupid Rule
Stage Banning
Double Elimination
Round Robins(pools)

Friday 25/1:
xx : xx - We open (unknown yet)
19:30 - Teams

Lørdag 26/1:
10:00 - Wake up.
11:30 - Pools
17:00 - Singles

Søndag 27/1:
11:00 - Low Tiers (maybe)
20:00 - Home we go =(

Prizes:

Singles
1 plass. 55%
2 plass. 30%
3 plass. 10%
4 plass. 5%

Teams
1 plass. 60%
2 plass. 30%
3 plass. 10%

People who will come and maybe come
Norway:
1.Askelink
2.Tonberry
3.Martelol
4.Hansi
5.Blackout
6.OleJ
7.Widl
8.Yuki
9.Smel
10.Hellmaker
11.Jawad (True`Epic)
12.Efen
13.Darkfrog
14.Madlobser
15.Blackmoose
16.DjBlack
17.Imperfect
18.Zaty
19.Thomas
20.Zephy
21.Nea
22.Acherontic
23.Navntøsen
24.Rolf
25.Aeon
26.JAPF
27.tobias
28.venn (til Nea og Zephy)
29.Elg
30.jrgn
31.Purple ZoDz
32.Seiha
33.Berreh
34.Gothmog
35.Assa
36.Steffen
37.M0ze
38.And
39.Hidden H
40.YogiB
41.Kriz
Sweden:
1.Senkai
2.Akke
3.Smasher89
4.Armada
5.Aniolas
6.Calle W
7.Tin
8.Osxcar
9.Dev
10.Kurre
11.random_ness
12.Hara
13.Fling
14.Onito
15.Smash Alex
16.Ironass
17.Ek
18.Android
19.Helios
20.Akke
21.kuja
22.GsE
23.Nedech
France:
1.Joanna Dark
2.Porc
3.salepâte
4.wii lee
5.jet
Iceland:
1.Captain Nintendo (Island)
Other: (place tell me where your from)
1.Makenshi

NEWS:
There will be a little lotteri ^^

The entrance fee will probably be 200 kr.

Spons:

(will spons with backpacks, wallets and some more stuff like that)

(will spons with one big pizza that some hungry smasher will win in the lotteri)

Hopefully there will be some more sponsors soon, Im working hard on the case.

Most of you will probably wonder what "GulNer!" its in swedish and means " yellow down" , so the tournament is named afther Peach's D-smash. ^____^

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
U all better get your ****ing ***** up there and make it a ****ing good tournament. >:3

Smasher89

Smash Lord
This tournament will be great, and like only a month before Epita, perfect with alot of pure skills.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Okey, the list are just growing. around 60 people are interested now. Step it up, Europe!

porc

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I'm porc from France. My friend salepate and I just bought our plane tickets to Oslo (we will be travelling with Joanna Dark).

I hereby confirm our venue to the GulNer tournament :)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Really nice, dudes! :D
The list is kinda outdated, but there are like 64 people registered atm.
This will be amazing =)

Vegard

Smash Lord
I am a decent player, but if Kriz is up for teaming again, I'd love to team with him and possibly reach finals again.

/not considering the swedish attendance in this tournament lol.

hmm, since Helios isn't coming maybe that leaves Ek open :p

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Biggest tournament I've heard of close to me. But I wont go, since its in another country and im only a noob :(

*cries*
LOL Being a n00b is one of the worst argument people still uses for not going on tournaments;) not all people coming are not PRO's, people comes from France, Sweden(like me) and probably from Iceland, where do you come from then? XD

Waka_Waka_do_do_yea

Smash Journeyman
My John failed beyond imagination !

Im from Sweden aswell. But where im at in smash atm, Its not worth traveling that far. Im still dreaming around on the forums.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
How is it that nores alway anounce there tournament like it will be huge o_0

often there are like 50 people :p
As a matter of fact, there are like 65 people signed up atm.
The list is just a little bit outdated. Also, the tournaments will never get big if people don't wanna come. But the space is still good...

People should give it a try. The norwegian tournaments has always been well organized.

Kriz

Smash Cadet
The norwegian tournaments has always been well organized.
Very true.

And besides, if you manage to get 1st place in both singles and teams you will end up with a nice amount of money in your pocket =)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Very true.

And besides, if you manage to get 1st place in both singles and teams you will end up with a nice amount of money in your pocket =)
True. Armada earned like 1150$ on SR3. LOL! He can even buy a PS3 for that o_O

Vegard

Smash Lord
And why? Because of the high entrance fee's. I've never ever heard of a tournament with such "small" turnout in attendants, and still it pays out 1000$ to the winners of singles and teams... Anyway, that is history.

What I was trying to say is, people can't expect to earn a hell lot money when attending a tournament over here.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Ache- "Thinks of Armada winning like all tournaments at SR3" if that´s not alot of money, hmm wait it´s norwegian money=much money XD

Vegard

Smash Lord
you didn't get what I was trying to say? SR3 was different compared to the other tournaments.. No tournaments should have such high entrance fee's imo, it only favours the very best players.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
you didn't get what I was trying to say? SR3 was different compared to the other tournaments.. No tournaments should have such high entrance fee's imo, it only favours the very best players.
It also favours the tournament. Cuz the players from other countries would need a chance to win their money back, and bigger prizes attracts good players. Also, 300NOK isn't too much, when the tournament was for four days, and four tournaments had prizes.

And why is it so that you always have to find something negative in everything? I haven't heard you whining about RoX4 for instance, which had the same entrance fee.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
... I totally agree with Ache on this one. The entrance fee on SR3 was, **** much, seriously.
300NOK is a bit of money, and as Ache said it only favors the best players, which is actually right.
And as ache said (again), that's history, hope Gulner doesn't go for too much.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can definitely see why you'd want to charge up to €40 for a tournament, as it brings so many possibilities for the hosts. When providing food, for instance, €40 is nothing.

I'm not going to talk about SR3, though :p

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
ok people, since we're having problem creating a bank account for the french association, we're gonna start taking entry fees for ESA 2 as of now. And it happens I'm coming to this, so for the ones who can, it would be great if you could give me the money at GulNer!. I'll note everything on my notebook and if you're not booked yet, paying the entry fee is a way to confirm yourself for the tournament !
see you soon ;) and spread the word about this !

Smasher89

Smash Lord
JD-The entry fee is like 40 euro, how much do you think will be needed to bring to paris? like being able to eat food and such things from 21-25feb (wondering how much euro I´ll need to change swedish money into) ...

Slhoka

Smash Lord
JD-The entry fee is like 40 euro, how much do you think will be needed to bring to paris? like being able to eat food and such things from 21-25feb (wondering how much euro I´ll need to change swedish money into) ...
It mostly depends on how many times you'll use public transports, since I think that the transports may be the biggest cost if you stay 5 days.
I'm trying to make some summary of the different (and cheapest) options, I'll post it ASAP so you can have an idea of what you need.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
It mostly depends on how many times you'll use public transports, since I think that the transports may be the biggest cost if you stay 5 days.
I'm trying to make some summary of the different (and cheapest) options, I'll post it ASAP so you can have an idea of what you need.
tnx in advance

the results from Aulismash2 has some surprises Nea in second place O_o

Top Bottom