• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
How precise is precision mode, out of curiosity. I know it makes the game a hell of a lot harder, but what's the difference in margin of error between it and regular that's acceptable?

It seems like people would start doing things in precision mode once they've done everything they can, just for another challenge, but I've never heard anyone even mention it.

also how long does everyone think it'll be before One is FCed? right now the highest percentage is like 97. lol technically one person put that he FCed one for the Wii, but as it says "urg fc impossible" in the comments box and he has no picture, i think it was a mistake.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Is the Wii's Guitar Hero online any good?

My brother just got it, and I'll probably try it out tonight. Just wanted to see the general opinion of it...

fluffy

Smash Champion
Is the Wii's Guitar Hero online any good?

My brother just got it, and I'll probably try it out tonight. Just wanted to see the general opinion of it...
It's perfectly fine for me. It rarely lags but I think that the quality of your connections matters.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
you have to have a green connection on ur wii to play online, soo i guess need a cable modem, im about to go play pro faceoff on hard my name is DCC, imranked like 9000th or sumthing

Somasu

Smash Ace
Hmm.. Alright, so, I'm looking for GH3 challengers =P

I have the Wii version of the game. I play on Expert. I'm....fairly decent at it, I guess?

My scores are up on Scorehero.. can be found by clicking here. (Would like some critique on them, too >_>; I really wanna know where I stand)

So yeah.. if anyone wants to play me, feel free to PM me so we can exchange friend codes and whatnot..

=( I really wish I had the 360 version of the game, though.. It's so much better all around.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
How precise is precision mode, out of curiosity. I know it makes the game a hell of a lot harder, but what's the difference in margin of error between it and regular that's acceptable?

It seems like people would start doing things in precision mode once they've done everything they can, just for another challenge, but I've never heard anyone even mention it.

also how long does everyone think it'll be before One is FCed? right now the highest percentage is like 97. lol technically one person put that he FCed one for the Wii, but as it says "urg fc impossible" in the comments box and he has no picture, i think it was a mistake.

Precision mode isn't THAT much different. You'll probably notice it, but so long as you've played GH1 and 2 it's not going to effect your scores that much.

And One will be FC'd within the next 5 months I'm betting. This kid Strikebowler has FC'd it on Slow, and two people already FC'd it on Hard.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Aw, man, I just unleashed overkill on one person online.

I was playing battle against someone, we were both playing on Medium, it was raining blood, we got to Drizzle 2, and I unleashed difficulty up, Amp Overload, and Double Notes on him.

He failed instantly :p

E123Omega

Smash Lord
I still do..........I can't transition to Hard.......orange buttons too much of a hassle for me since I play as if I was left handed even though I'm right handed.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
For Raining Blood just alt strum at a moderate speed throughout mosh one while still moving your fingers in the corresponding fashion. You'll miss a lot less notes.

Marzy

Smash Cadet
I've now completed it on Easy and found it a bit too easy, so I've moved onto Medium. It's a lot harder getting used to using another button and using your little finger at first, but I'm getting used to it now.

I'm not sure about Hard, I've tryed it out, but I just can't do it.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
really? that's all it means? Why the special name? I alt strum everything just so that i don't get into a ad habit of only downstrumming. I thought alt strum meant strumming parts of a ho/po section, like when there's a series of triplets i often strum the first one of every triplet just to ensure that if i miss one i still start again with in two notes.

D

Deleted member

Cowboy, I don't have XBL... the rare occasions I go to my friend's house who has GH3, I play on his tag...

Somasu, your scores are pretty good... You beat my scores 34-22 (haven't posted all of them)... most of the bonus songs are sight reads, and I can improve scores... so I'll try to do that tonight so I can get updated scores to compare... I may be playing tonight or tomorrow morning at my friend's house, so if you want to get the FC, just PM me...

SH account: 0v3rki11

Oh, I hate FC chokes...

E123Omega

Smash Lord
BTW, this is a warning for the Wii players.

If your playing online and you face a player called "BEAST" exit out of the match immeditaly. If you play with him, he will glitch up your online play and cause extreme lag whenever you try to play online.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the heads up... playing online right now, so I'll watch for that...

EDIT so I don't double post:

Got myself to 14 FCs today... and a Top 50 Paranoid 100% with an extra strum... but I got 21st on Sunshine of Your Love, that was pretty awesome... might go re-FC it with better squeezing and a good last activation... and I really, really hate Nothing For You Here... can't even 5* that nonsense...

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Cowboy, I don't have XBL... the rare occasions I go to my friend's house who has GH3, I play on his tag...
Ah. Well, I was going to say that if you've ever got access to XBL some Sunday, I could play a match with you. I'm working now so I can't do it every Sunday, but if you ever want to just give me a shout.

I really haven't been working at GH anymore since I hit 50 FCs. I know for sure there's more I can get, but I just don't feel like it. It's a good thing, though. I don't feel driven to get anymore FCs. It's like I'm finally satisfied with what I've done. Sure, I'd be happier with more FCs, but I don't feel like I need them, you know?

D

Deleted member

FCed Prayer of the Refugee today (after many chokes), but I ****ed up the last activation so I got a horrible score... x.x

81st on Wii now :)... I'm trying to catch up to LedFanatic4, who has the most points in my school, just gotta stay persistant...

And it's a great feeling when you don't feel forced to play for FCs... I think you'll have much more of a fun time just playing instead of getting frustrated at missing FCs...

Have you thought of streaming, Cowboy?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yeah, i mean i have like 10 FCs which is really low, but i just feel like getting frustrated, i stopped playing for points or FCs.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
I'd stream if I had regular access to a computer. But then I'd also need the components to hook a video camera up to the computer. Then I'd also need a video camera. =P
If you'd like, I could take a couple short videos on my digital camera (By short I mean around two minutes long. I can get up to half-hour long videos, but the quality of that is craptacular.). So if there's any particular solo or section of a song you'd like to see, just say the word; I'll get my best runs of those sections up on YouTube or such.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Don't tell me that :(

Anyways, I gfot 4 Stars on Ruby, Definately one of the easiest expert songs in the game.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you want, I suppose I could get a quick clip of me banging out that solo for you. >_>

Hell, I may as well just start up a queue of things people want to see. =/

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
My girlfriend and I are trying to beat the coop-campaign on Hard, and we're stuck on "One". We're at the level right now where we're just making the switch to expert on most songs, but One is giving us the hardest time.

The first, like, 80% of the song is super easy, but then the last bit is really hard. Any advice for getting through that song other than "practice". I mean, anything specific to that song perhaps? (We're soooooo close. We've failed out at 92%, 98% and 99%)

Thanks!

D

Deleted member

Got 5* on Nothing For Me Here... finally... it took me until my last run of yesterday to get it... I hate playing that song, I'm so bad at it

If you can get through the faster "darkness" riff, then you should have little problem after the solo... just focus on hitting SP and trying to hit as many notes as you can

D

Deleted member

SWF was lagging for me so hard... it didn't show me making the posts when I thought it didn't...

Top Bottom