• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
So SWF's favorite Guitar Hero (Me, in case you couldn't guess.) has finally brought his Expert FC count up to 50. Big day for me. The FC to push me up to this mark was Avalancha.

I'm serious. I FC'ed Before I Forget, Stricken, and Cliffs of Dover before I got Avalancha. =V

Yaya

Smash Champion
Woo! Go Cowboy! Keep pushing for that inhuman accomplishment, (I'm pretty sure everyone knows what song I'm talking about here.)

I slaughtered Tom today (My first day playing on hard career)

He wasn't very Mellow.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
If you mean the Inhuman Achievement (Beat TTFAF), I got that in the first week of the game's release.

If you mean score 750k on TTFAF, that might take a while -- though definetly possible.

If you mean FC TTFAF, I can promise you that it'll never happen. I don't even mean me; I mean NEVER. Controversial, I know. I mean, back when GH2 came out, I was part of the "Jordan will never be FCed," bandwagon, up until I saw MicroNERD FC the solo on Slow. So, really, same situation here. Until I see substantial evidence that ******** parts such as What The..?, Twin Solo, and So Far Away III are possible, I'm on firm belief that TTFAF is never going to see gold stars.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I learned something today, I have a LONG Way to go until I'm ready to start FCing Expert Songs.

I failed Miss Murder on Hard twice (It's embarrassing because I have to friends that are really good at Guitar Hero)

E123Omega

Smash Lord
Errr....I mean Fast Solo A, my fingers aren't fast enough to get 100% on that part of the song.....yet. Raining Blood is a pain in the *** though.

D

Deleted member

10 GH3 FCs :D... and still more chokes x.x...

I believe that TTFaF will never be FCed... that 26.6 NPS SP phrase is just not going to happen...

Cowboy, in Intro Solo B, when do you switch back to one hand (for the strum)? Because I do fine until my right hand has to strum again, so I mess up...

Yaya

Smash Champion
Cherub Rock on Hard is kicking my rock behind, I do godd until the triple notes, then I fall apart.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Chaos: No, I elbow strum that one note.

Miller: No, I have the 360 version; though a vast majority here has the Wii.

Volrec: There's a huge difference between Slower and Full Speed.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
What was BiM? 20 nps?

I doubt it will be FC'd, but only because nobody wants to waste that much time. If somebody put as much time into it as Hellashes did to FC Jordan (and Re-FC, now) and atremains did to FC BiM, then I don't doubt it's possible.

Yaya

Smash Champion
HellAshes FC'd it again?

Jeeze, wulfe69, Ben, all the others, eat your hearts out now. (Nah I'm just kidding.)

But the 7th tier in Hard Career is kicking my ***, I need to beat all 4 songs, and the songs are 3's and 7's, Before I Forget, Stricken, and Knights of Cydonia.

I am screwed.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Man, I cannot wait to play this again when the new semester starts. If my roommate doesn't bring it back with him, I'll probably buy a copy.

D

Deleted member

BiM was like 20 nps at Full speed... I don't think 26.6 nps will ever be done, but I'll get proven wrong just like Jordan and BiM...

I'll try elbow strumming the yellow strum, and see how it happens...

Yaya

Smash Champion
I'm not really a newbie, it's just plain hard.

I've beaten Stricken now, and I should get past Knights of Cydonia with star power.

fluffy

Smash Champion
imo the hardest song on the 7th tier is probably cult of personality. half of the song is easy but when it gets to that ridiculous solo, i just feel like smashing my guitar at my little sister.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I know, but that's the encore, I have to get past the others.

Cult of Personality = Easy, Easy, Easy, Easy, Easy, BOOM!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I can NOT play anything on hard in this game. Too difficult to me. I can play anything on medium.. May not get an awesome score but I would like to use the orange button but not have it too difficult.

Rock Bank on Hard is fun though :D

-Onyx

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I was using hyperspeed for a while, but I stopped when I realized that the highscore tournaments on the community websites don't allow it...

fluffy

Smash Champion
I was using hyperspeed for a while, but I stopped when I realized that the highscore tournaments on the community websites don't allow it...
That's 1 of the reasons why I don't use hyperspeed. Another reason why I don't use it is because it messes up my timing. There's really no point in using it IMO.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Hyperspeed 5 is the way to go, mostly because I highly don't give a rat's *** about the highscore tournaments.

I play for personal glory. I'm addicted to FCs.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
I am not here to start a Hyperspeed debate. If you believe it's cheating, nothing I say could possibly change your mind. Also, nothing you could possibly say will stop me from using it.

That being said, yes, I do use Hypserspeed because I can more easily read the notes. My fingers don't act any differently than if I had it off, but it definetly takes the strain off my brain to try and discern random messes.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
hyperspeed iz for nubz it is a chaet bcuz it is in teh cheat section. U wood suk w/o it cowboy.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
lulz. ur just jelus u suk compaird 2 me.

But seriously, that's pretty much how most people react to Hyperspeed. I've kinda given up on arguing with them and let them believe what they want. -_-;;

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
sorry for asking this, i'm still a nub
what exactly does hyperspeed do? I see all these youtube vids of people saying "and yes, hyperspeed is on" or "NO HYPERSPEED ZOMG LAWL!!11!1" anyone care to explain?

Sandy

Smash Champion
HYPERSPEED SPREADS OUT THE NOTES AND SPEEDS UP THE FRETBOARD. THE HIGHER THE SETTING, THE FARTHER APART THE NOTES ARE AND THE FASTER THE SCROLL SPEED. HOWEVER, IF YOU MEMORIZED THE NOTES AND PLAYED THE SONG BLINDFOLDED, YOU COULD PLAY AT THE SAME RHYTHM/SPEED LIKE YOU WOULD WITH NO HYPERSPEED AND STILL HIT THEM. YOU'RE STILL PLAYING THE SAME NOTES.

SIMPLY PUT, HYPERSPEED MAKES SOME PEOPLE BETTER AT THE GAME,
IT MAKES SOME PEOPLE WORSE.

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE SWF, DO NOT ARGUE OVER WHETHER IT IS A CHEAT OR NOT.

*coughs*

Top Bottom