• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

fluffy

Smash Champion
I five starred Reptilia while I was on the phone and reading a Kingdom Hearts game guide.
I like The Strokes far to much...
yea but reptilia is one of the easiest songs.

anywayz what's netplay?

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
so you basically spend ungodly amounts of time playing this game?

congrats. I'm going to go spend my time elsewhere.
It's called memory. Don't piss me off. I didn't practice this or anything. I was hanging out with friends and wondered if I could do it. So I tried and I did. Besides, Before I Forget is the same thing over and over again.

And what do you care how I spend my time? I paid for this game so I'm going to get my money's worth, FFS.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
K, I just got my copy for Wii and am having a problem. I did a search but couldn't find anything about mine.

So, when I plug the guitar into the remote all the battery power gets "used" in around a minute (it doesn't really get used; on the home screen the battery bar just keeps going down until it goes away completely and can't be used because it's "flat". Once the guitar is unplugged, all battery power comes back.) and during the minute or so while there is "battery power", the guitar doesn't work.

I wanted to ask here first to see if anyone else had this problem before calling a support line or something. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
Hmm, that's strange. Doesn't happen to mine. . . Possibly try using a different Wii remote or New batteries?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
so you basically spend ungodly amounts of time playing this game?

congrats. I'm going to go spend my time elsewhere.
No johns.

I'm not even involved with this thread, but I couldn't let such a blatant case of Johning go. You're trying to belittle someone else's success on the basis that they practiced a lot to be able to accomplish their feat? Boy, what an insult... and a John.

No Johns.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
No johns.

I'm not even involved with this thread, but I couldn't let such a blatant case of Johning go. You're trying to belittle someone else's success on the basis that they practiced a lot to be able to accomplish their feat? Boy, what an insult... and a John.

No Johns.
I can understand practicing to pass a song, or practicing to 5star it, or even to FC it. Everyone does that. But why on earth would you play this game so mch that you can play a seventh tier song on expert,and 5 star it FROM MEMORY. Then you are putting too much time into the game. I'm very impressed by cowboy in general. getting into the to of leagues like he did is amazing. but this is just over the top.

oh **** it, i don't care anymore, i'm gonna go play rock band.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I can understand practicing to pass a song, or practicing to 5star it, or even to FC it. Everyone does that. But why on earth would you play this game so mch that you can play a seventh tier song on expert,and 5 star it FROM MEMORY. Then you are putting too much time into the game. I'm very impressed by cowboy in general. getting into the to of leagues like he did is amazing. but this is just over the top.

oh **** it, i don't care anymore, i'm gonna go play rock band.
That's like saying someone who gets into the MLB after playing baseball for a long time spent way too much time playing baseball and should've done something else with their time.

It's not like Cowboy decided to do this and put all of his time into it. When you play something for a long time like me and him have with guitar hero, feats that other people find amazing start to seem very possible, and not so extreme.

If you do a hundred pushups a day for 2 years, you're going to develop some very nice pecs, and be able to bench that 250 pounds with a smaller amount of effort than someone who just started working out. Likewise, if you play GH for 2-3 hours a week for two years, you're going to be able to beat BiF on expert with a smaller amount of effort than someone who just started playing GH, such as yourself.

kapiesh?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
That's like saying someone who gets into the MLB after playing baseball for a long time spent way too much time playing baseball and should've done something else with their time.

It's not like Cowboy decided to do this and put all of his time into it. When you play something for a long time like me and him have with guitar hero, feats that other people find amazing start to seem very possible, and not so extreme.

If you do a hundred pushups a day for 2 years, you're going to develop some very nice pecs, and be able to bench that 250 pounds with a smaller amount of effort than someone who just started working out. Likewise, if you play GH for 2-3 hours a week for two years, you're going to be able to beat BiF on expert with a smaller amount of effort than someone who just started playing GH, such as yourself.

kapiesh?
the mlb is kind of a bad analogy because they do that for a living -_-

and 2 to three hours a week? yes , you'll get good at the game. in fact that's not alot of time. however

a) we are talking about memorization. that comes from playing one song a LOT amount of time.
b) since i highly doubt he plays that particular song more(i'm ignoring his explanation for the moment), that means in general he is playing more than 2 to three hours a week since this song is in guitar hero three, which has been out for about 9 weeks.

you're defending him getting a 5 star on it. i have a 5 star on it. it's not that hard. i'm questioning the MEMORIZATION. jesus christ. don't try to defend him. he did a much better job of it than you by saying that most of it is the same pattern, which actually makes sense, and i actually agree with him on that now, since i didn't see that when i made my second post.

He's a big boy and can give me an explanation that works and I agree with ON HIS OWN. Please try to actually read what the argument is about before you jump in.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I just beat FCPREMIX. Cliffs of Dover and Number of the Beast(on Expert) consecutivley.

My hand says ouch.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
the mlb is kind of a bad analogy because they do that for a living -_-

and 2 to three hours a week? yes , you'll get good at the game. in fact that's not alot of time. however

a) we are talking about memorization. that comes from playing one song a LOT amount of time.
b) since i highly doubt he plays that particular song more(i'm ignoring his explanation for the moment), that means in general he is playing more than 2 to three hours a week since this song is in guitar hero three, which has been out for about 9 weeks.

you're defending him getting a 5 star on it. i have a 5 star on it. it's not that hard. i'm questioning the MEMORIZATION. jesus christ. don't try to defend him. he did a much better job of it than you by saying that most of it is the same pattern, which actually makes sense, and i actually agree with him on that now, since i didn't see that when i made my second post.

He's a big boy and can give me an explanation that works and I agree with ON HIS OWN. Please try to actually read what the argument is about before you jump in.
Memorizing the lyrics to a song is no different then memorizing the notechart. Just because you obviously have some issues when it comes to mental capacity doesn't mean we all do. It's not like he remembers where each individual note is at each time. He just knows the main patterns and uses the starpower during those sections. Just because you don't like the way I tryed to help you comprehend something doesn't mean you have to get all pissy and immature about it.

And you say you agree with him, yet still think he's spending too much time to do it. Contradiction much?

D

Deleted member

Yeah BiF is pretty much the same thing over and over again...

I mean, it's not like I couldn't beat NotB or something like that on Performance Mode either... not hard if you play it enough... my BatH score (GH2) wouldn't get any lower if I looked at the screen or not... I've played that song so many times (FC attempts) that the actual fretboard doesn't even matter... Songs tend to be repetitious, thus easier to memorize... it's no different than if you memorized a song on real guitar because you don't want to look at a tab for it all the time...

My friend sucks for 5*ing RB before I did... :(... I'm still gonna start going for FCs though...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Memorizing the lyrics to a song is no different then memorizing the notechart. Just because you obviously have some issues when it comes to mental capacity doesn't mean we all do. It's not like he remembers where each individual note is at each time. He just knows the main patterns and uses the starpower during those sections. Just because you don't like the way I tryed to help you comprehend something doesn't mean you have to get all pissy and immature about it.

And you say you agree with him, yet still think he's spending too much time to do it. Contradiction much?
please, don't go there. I memorize ACTUAL music all the time in standard staff notation with quite a bit more 5 notes( i play the violin) for auditions and performances. Perhaps that would be why i personally have more trouble with memorization, since I do not think of music in terms of buttons. As I said before he already defended himself, and you really don't need to do it for him. I said I don't ****in care anymore, just drop it. It's the internet. You insulted someone on it. I insulted someone on it. The globe continues to spin.

good **** fluffy and volrec, FCPREMIX is amazing.

anyone got an vids of Impulse FCed? <3 impulse

miller483

Smash Ace
I have a question for anyone with the PS3 version.

Are you experiencing lag with your controller (mainly on the last few tiers on Medium and most of Hard mode.)? I think I might be. Does anyone know anyway to help fix it?

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Stop arguing over me, plox. He insulted me, I defended, we've both come to the conclusion that neither of us care anymore. I just happen to have good muscle memory and he realized that half the song is the same thing over and over again.

I also don't give a rat's *** about competitive GH3 anymore. Sure, I'll still play it for fun (mostly so my skill doesn't deteriorate), but try to bang out all of these absolutely ridiculous songs for FCs just isn't fun anymore. Neversoft has no clue what they were doing. Now I just play to make an *** of myself. =D

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
So I finally decided yesterday that I was gonna sit down and beat Raining Blood. Took about 5 tries and after that another 5 or so to beat the game. I'm probably not going to touch the game again until they release some wild DLC or something.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I'm in the mood for some GH3 if anybody else is up for it. (hard difficulty/sometimes expert player)

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I beat Through the Fire and the Flames on Normal mode and my fingers cramped up.

I can't imagine it on hard or expert...

fluffy

Smash Champion
sorry to sound like a noob but what does FC mean? I just guitar hero 3
FC is a furry convention held in San Jose California in January. It stands for Fur-ther Con-fusion. There will undoubtedly be a GH2 competition there.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Yo fellas, theres a problem with Guitar Hero III over here and im wondering if its the same there.

Do people, like a lot of people, think they can play real guitar because of this game and they get full of themselves..? Its BAD here.

And it has great songs.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

fluffy

Smash Champion
Number of the Beast, One, La Grange, Sunshine of Your Love, Black Sunshine, i like stuff like that a lot
haha i'm like the complete opposite. i'm into fcpremix, can't be saved, in the belly of a shark, miss murder, etc. the more recent bands.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Yeah, I like a good bit of more modern bands like Lamb of God, In Flames, Cradle of Filth, The White Stripes, etc. Mainly any band with good rythym and vocals is fine with me, and most classic bands have nice riffs.

Don't they have Take This Life by In Flames on there as a bonus song?

Top Bottom