• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
ah, i thought so.

Through The Fire And Flames is a crazy hard song, even on Normal, the length is close to Free Bird and it's 10 times faster.. >>

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
There's a LOT. Of idiots around here. Trust me.
I know what you mean. I play guitar, but got into Guitar Hero from a friend. If there's a song I don't wanna take the time to learn or am at a friends house who doesn't play, BAM, plug in GH. I prefer Rock Band though, because it has instruments I don't play already.

And I'm a classic kinda guy.

[Number of the Beast, One, La Grange, Sunshine of Your Love, Black Sunshine, i like stuff like that a lot]
Those are the good songs, but it's the covers that kill it for me. I can't stand their version of La Grange.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
I know what you mean. I play guitar, but got into Guitar Hero from a friend. If there's a song I don't wanna take the time to learn or am at a friends house who doesn't play, BAM, plug in GH. I prefer Rock Band though, because it has instruments I don't play already.

Those are the good songs, but it's the covers that kill it for me. I can't stand their version of La Grange.
Yeah. A lot of people around here think they can beat everyone at guitar because of GH. BUNCH of idiots. haha. And I hear you, I play guitar too. If I don't feel like playing The Trooper, i'll play it on GH2.

Yeah, La Grange sounded.. Bad. But I love the song and I love ZZ Top. Cheap Sunglasses ftw

fluffy

Smash Champion
well actually...if they put enough time from playing guitar hero to practicing real guitar, i'm sure they can have potential. all they have to do is like music to get inspired to do so.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Speaking of covers, it's just another thing that Rock Band did better. "Paranoid" in Rock Band sounds spot on the original, while the singer in the Guitar Hero 3 version doesn't sound Ozzy enough. When Rock Band and Guitar Hero 3 first announced that they'd be having a ton of master tracks and only a few covers I thought it was awesome, but really in Rock Band it's to the point where I don't care because they sound exactly the same.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
yeah i have it! i beat it on Medium but im stuck on the Japanese Tour on Hard! the closest one i get to beating is Knights of Cydonia.

well actually...if they put enough time from playing guitar hero to practicing real guitar, i'm sure they can have potential. all they have to do is like music to get inspired to do so.
now wait i learn the drums instead but i play guitar hero because it's awsome!
hey this is Fluffy! the creator of the first Krystal thread!

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
yes it is. and you guys locked my thread. my baby. :' (
well th OP was a little dated and you werent on much then so we just redid the whole thread! lol Some People thought it may have been a joke because it was made at the same time as alot of joke Character support threads.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
if they have a good balance, yeah. but it wouldn't be right if someone played guitar hero for 10 hours then guitar for 10 minutes then be god at it haha
not like thats what you said, just saying lol

D

Deleted member

So I FCed Slow Ride today :p... So that's 2 lol... then I messed up at the very end on Talk Dirty to Me... :(

On the plus side, I 5*ed The Way It Ends... that song hurts so bad... Should go for more FCs, as soon as I look at some charts... and I got 300k on Cult of Personality :)

Wii Friend Code: 3909-5719-8042 (Note: I do not own a Wii. This is my friend's Wii, but he plays online rarely, so if he's on, it'll probably be my friends and I as opposed to him, since we are much better.)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
It wasn't funny the first time and it still isn't.

FC= Full Combo.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
A full combo is getting 100% on a song without making any extra strums inbetween the first and last note.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
A full combo is getting 100% on a song without making any extra strums inbetween the first and last note.
i figured it was 100% but no extra strums? i didnt know that. well i havent got a 100% on any song so i guess i have FCed at all! lol i cant beat hard!

the closest i got to a 100% was 99% on "3's and 7's" on Medium

D

Deleted member

fluffy, yeah I'm from North Jersey...

So here is my list of FC chokes so far: Talk Dirty to Me, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Story of My Life, Mississippi Queen, Barricuda, Bulls on Parade, When You Were Young, Miss Murder, My Name Is Jonas, Even Flow, and Cherub Rock... 11 FC chokes :(... yeah, so that's not cool...

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I'm with you, krystalrules. I'm almost there on hard, but people like GAW and Cowboy make me look like a nub.

D

Deleted member

Didn't they never release that though?

So I'm up to 5 FCs now :)... My Name Is Jonas, When You Were Young, and Mississippi Queen...

fluffy

Smash Champion
it was definately released. my friend has it.

and does anyone else hear a girl moaning in the background in the song 'black sunshine"? i swear, i keep telling my friends about it and they say i'm crazy.

E123Omega

Smash Lord
Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock is awesome. I got it for the Wii, and its pretty much my first taste of the series as I never played the game before. My left hand finger reactions are quite slow, so I prefer to hold the guitar to my right side and play with my right hand. Some people consider that a handicap seeing as your supposed to play with the guitar to your left side and play with your left hand. I play on Medium as I can't seem to transition very well to Hard due to the addition of the orange button seeing as my hands are small and my fingers aren't very long.

Well, my opinion on the songs; most of them are fun to play, but the songs that do suck feel like a chore to play, but majority of the songs are good though, a few suckish Career mode songs and plenty of suckish Bonus songs. A lot of the songs are fun to play though.

Though I do have a complaint about the Wii verison though. I'm wondering why the graphics look so much like PS2 graphics, I mean seriously WTF man. I know the Wii could do so much better just look at Super Mario Galaxy. I blame the developers.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
HOLY CRAP WAS THIS GAME HARD TO FIND FOR THE WII.

I love it :) I really do :)

BUT, I'm crap at it (Can't play on hard very well)

Also...

I FC'D on easy a few times the first time I played the game, but that doesn't count.

Does Closer on Hard count? Cuz I did that :)

Yaya

Smash Champion
No, definitely not.

I've started to play Career Mode on Hard, I beat Tom Morello easily.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hey, i never noticed this thread before.

anyway, i got the game back when it came out. so far, i only have the last 4 songs to do on Hard before the last boss.

i gotta say, i'm a lot better. the best i could do was the first GH on medium. now i can do pretty much all the songs on hard.

well, i don't play much, but i do go online a whole lot, so if you guys want to face me, my friend code is in my sig. just PM me if you add

Top Bottom