• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
It's okay for the first 30 songs or so. Once you get to the final venue, you'll be spending a HELL of a lot of time (pun not intended, for those who've gotten that far) on the song "Raining " (I think that's what it's called).
And if you can't even get that far, forget about "Through the Fire and Flames" by DragonForce.
It's rumored that not even DragonForce themselves could finish the song on expert.
yeah, the truth of this is Herman Li is horrendous at GH.
He can't even do medium, his fingers must be programmed to play ear-bleedingly fast.
There are only 8 people logged on earth who can, at this time, get a 99-100 on TtFatF. It's that bad.

Wuss

Smash Champion
I'm stuck on the final battle on hard, and I'm stuck in japan on the slipknot song on expert. I'm so mad though, cause I beat it once, and was half way through the encore, but then I had to go, and I turned it off. That win got erased...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Aaryk, there is NOBODY on the face of this earth that can get 99-100%, and there never will be one to get 100%.

Oh, and I will give my soul to whoever can get a better score than me on Generation Rock Expert, it's first for all consoles right now, and unless theres 600 points through squeezes left, it won't be beaten:

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Aaryk, there is NOBODY on the face of this earth that can get 99-100%, and there never will be one to get 100%.

Oh, and I will give my soul to whoever can get a better score than me on Generation Rock Expert, it's first for all consoles right now, and unless theres 600 points through squeezes left, it won't be beaten:

yeah my bad, i got some stats and numbers crossed with some songs.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
So apparently there ARE sound problems with the Wii version of the game. If you have you Wii set to "Surround Sound" in the audio settings and have it hooked up to surround sound, the same mono version of the audio comes out of all the speakers, or in some cases, only the center speaker. Activision is looking into the problem, but because the problem isn't widely known, they're likely to never get around to fixing it.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Well, i only have stereo, so not a problem for me.

Gah finally beat Before I forget on expert, but then i get ****ing cult of personality on expert and i just can't get through that long *** solo.

edit: how on earth do i find my friend code?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
My best score on TTFAF is 436k. I'm pretty sure the five star of 550k+ is out of my reach. I'm pretty happy with a four star- 'cause I have all the other songs five starred.

D

Deleted member

I missed 4* on TTFAF at VLS by 2k points... x.x... ****it son... but I am playing this game in limited quantities, because I don't want to get sick of it too fast... GH2 got that way, where I only played like 5 songs...

And great job Cowboy

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I hope I get this for Christmas for my Wii, and I really hope they release downloadable songs for the Wii soon. One thing I think wouldhave been awesome to include would have been a create your own song feature, where it reads songs off the built-in memory or external memory and you can create a note track to it and save it.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
how can i get guitarhero.com to recognize my career/quickplay scores/stats? All it's updated in like the past 10 days are the matches i've played online, and even those havn't really changed, i've only been playing ranked matches but my score hasn't changed, all that's changed is my number of matches. I've only got three "performances"listed, and those are really old. My online profile is "ChRed" but my band is Cardiac Arrest. Does that have anything to do with it? Although I still use CHRED for my scores in quickplay so those should update, but they don't.

Oh and GAW like 12 people passed your score for Generation Rock :D

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
It's only been beat by one person on 360 who found an extra squeeze. Where'd you get the idea that it's been beaten by 12?

Also, the only way I've improved the time in which my scores update is to connect to WFC while playing, even if you aren't actually going to do a match. That seemed to help them get up there.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
One thing I think wouldhave been awesome to include would have been a create your own song feature, where it reads songs off the built-in memory or external memory and you can create a note track to it and save it.
No.

Why the hell would they put in Create-A-Song? If they did that, nobody would have any more reasons to buy later installations of Guitar Hero. Bad marketing right there.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
If they put in a create a song function, they could make it so there was no way to transfer the sheet. In which case, no online mulitplayer. Also lots of people wouldn't make songs very well. Furthermore people would still buy later installments because it comes with lots of songs premade, would save you hours and hours of time. ALso, they can always add other types of content. The game changes.

Though in general, that's what FoF/PS2 hacking is for.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
any idea when they'll let wii and ps2 players download the boss battle songs?
PS2s online capabilities are minimal at best. I remember trying to get on once and promptly logged off. The Wii just cannot save the songs you download due to no Hard Drive, hence the issue. You would be surprised how much the tracks actually take up.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Same here Volrec, but at least I knew ahead of time.

I can't help but hope Ninty will eventually make an external hardrive and then we could get the goodies too.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
GAW i feel ********, that thing about people beating your score, that wasn't on wii that was on the 360, i forgot to change it lol.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I'm still sorta confused, 'cause there's only one person on 360 ahead of me either. Did you just not see my name and think that's why a lot of people beat me?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah, i was wondering why your name wasn't on there. i just remembered that you had like 280000, and then i thought 082 for the last digits for some reason. and saw that lots of people had above that.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Well anyways, I'm never going to be able to beat that 360 score, I just can't comprehend how somebody could make that squeeze.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I don't know if this is a rumor, fact, or my friend being a ******.
But i heard through the grapevine that eventually the wii will have downloadable songs.
however, they will be up for wii point sale. kinda lame, but still a nice change of scenery, asuming they aren't something ridiculous like 1000 points a song.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I don't know if this is a rumor, fact, or my friend being a ******.
But i heard through the grapevine that eventually the wii will have downloadable songs.
however, they will be up for wii point sale. kinda lame, but still a nice change of scenery, asuming they aren't something ridiculous like 1000 points a song.
Didn't Red Octane already confirm that this wasn't going to happen? It's a rumor with no basis and fact is, Wii just can't have DLC.

Also, the DLC costs money more often than not. Songs go about $6.25 or so for a 3 song pack.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yeah, last I read Activision said "The Wii and PS2 versions aren't going to support downloadable songs."

Top Bottom