• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I refuse to believe that real guitars could be as difficult to play as TtFatF on expert.
Real guitar is MUCH harder than this game can ever be. All you are doing is playing chromatics on GH, whereas with real guitar you have to play the actual precise string in time, with the tone you want. This game doesn't come close.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Man, they are so good, even their Synth player is headbanging and rocking out harder than most collective bands do as a whole.

I love Dragonforce.

I understand that. It's more of a joke that a factual statement.
5 notes is nothing compared to the real thing.

I'm not stupid XD

fluffy

Smash Champion
Real guitar is MUCH harder than this game can ever be. All you are doing is playing chromatics on GH, whereas with real guitar you have to play the actual precise string in time, with the tone you want. This game doesn't come close.
yea but you don't get star power with real guitars :p

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
With real guitars you get laid, assuming you're good.
fix'd.

Guess that's your answer paranoid.

Dammit i can perfectly get the freaking tempo change run on raining blood on slow, but that instant i take that notch higher to fulll speed my fingers get confused. guess i just have to practice it more. That and the really really fast solo that should be easy but my fingers can't move fast enough, are what's keeping me from beating the last tier. Well, lou will be a problem.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, somehow, someway, I just beat Raining Blood on expert. I was deep in the red when it was over, that flood part caught me by surprise.

Man, now I gotta beat One. That solo is the death of me, seriously.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I looked at it on slowest in training, and it is like a billion hammer on/pull off combos. If only it were humanly possible to recognize them and have the finger speed to execute them, then it could be perfected.

fluffy

Smash Champion
i've played this game for some time now. i think that guitar hero 2 has better songs

fluffy

Smash Champion
I fare alot better in hard on GHII...
well me n my friends came up with a conclusion that the easier songs are too easy, while the harder songs are too hard.

proof:
my name is jonas -weezer
through the fire and flames - dragonforce

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I looked at it on slowest in training, and it is like a billion hammer on/pull off combos. If only it were humanly possible to recognize them and have the finger speed to execute them, then it could be perfected.
Isn't the opening section of the song titled "THEY'RE HAMMER-ONS!!!" or something?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
and when you play TtFaF it just says good luck at the opening screen. Unless it does that for all the quick plays? I never noticed.

I cannot beat the **** solo on One in hard mode, my fingers just can't move fast enough. I've almost got raining blood though. Then lou, oh joy.

D

Deleted member

It only says Good Luck for TTFaF... Took me like 20 tries to tap the intro for it... x.x... kept missing the first yellow note, then failing... but after I got that, the rest of the song wasn't as impossible as it was perceived to be... although the Synth Death part completely threw me off... didn't expect that... then I almost failed at the end the first time I beat it because I couldn't hit the last bit... and with no SP because my arms were so tired... Sitting on a low 400k right now, but as soon as I get around to playing it again, I'll go for a solid 500k (Don't own a GH game)

If people want me to, I'll make a video in a couple of days with me tapping the intro, so people can see what it looks like...

Overall, the game was a lot better than GH2, with a hell of a lot better song selections... Raining Blood made me fail too many times...

One's solo on Expert = twice as many notes as Hard... I saw my friend play the Hard version, so...

Volrec

Smash Lord
I just beat hard. Holy ****, that ending was incredibly satisfying.

The tip for beating lou was mashing during the solos. in the beggining, you don't have to try until the GR chords. you can go from red to max green.

what i meant by mashing during solo's, i meant they were all hammer ons so i would strum like 3 times for 12 notes, not knowing i was doing anything. instead, i strummed more. sounds stupid, but I win.

they seriously need to make TDWDTG a song by itself playable in the future. And the other boss songs too. specially morello, and his killswitch scratching and pedal abuse and stuff.

Wuss

Smash Champion
I'm stuck on raining blood on hard, even though I could beat every other song more or less fine. Anyone have tips for those repetitive triplets?

I'm also stuck on the battle vs slash on expert (I know I don't have to beat him for now, but I want to) anyone have battle tips?

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
can u adjust how close the thing is, cuz i saw a video where the view was further back and i didnt like that,, i only played gh2 a little bit at my friends house and the view was closer up

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
does any one know how to get the rock god on wii if you can and what do you get for beating the game on hard? thanks

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Can't get God of Rock, and beating on Hard gives you a guitar of a robot holding a samurai sword.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
i'm stuck on raining blood on expert can someone please help me. the only part i can't get is that stupid mosh 1 part. i think thats what its called.

it's the part when the notes start coming real fast in sets of 4 if that helps

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
i'm stuck on raining blood on expert can someone please help me. the only part i can't get is that stupid mosh 1 part. i think thats what its called.

Go to practice and play it on the first slow setting, get a look at the pattern, and do it a few times. When you get to that part when actually playing the song, make sure you hit at least 2 of the SP phrases right before hand. Then you should be set.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
The axe is mightier than the sword...

...anyways, on topic. what do you get for clearing expert? Now that someone spoiled the surprize for beating hard.
You get a "Distant Visitor" Guitar, which sucks. It has like some alien baby on it or something.

Don't attempt to hit any of the greens and you should be able to beat it easily w/o star power.

Just strum --> O B Y R B Y R Strum --> O B Y R B Y R

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
Heres a tip for people that are stuck on Lou; Get 3 Good powerups (whammy, broken string, lefty, etc.), Then once you have them, if you ever come up to a bunch of star power notes, purposely miss one of them so that you don't get the powerup. If you wait until the end of the song, Lou has a big solo. Once that solo comes up, use one powerup, wait a bit (5-10 seconds or so) then use the next one, then wait a bit again, then use the next one.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I'm to Lou's Inferno on expert, having trouble there. I think I'll get number of the beast first.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Heres a tip for people that are stuck on Lou; Get 3 Good powerups (whammy, broken string, lefty, etc.), Then once you have them, if you ever come up to a bunch of star power notes, purposely miss one of them so that you don't get the powerup. If you wait until the end of the song, Lou has a big solo. Once that solo comes up, use one powerup, wait a bit (5-10 seconds or so) then use the next one, then wait a bit again, then use the next one.
I'm not there on hard yet, but on medium and other hard battles, the double notes paired with 1 or two messups like the whammy or broken string will make them go from perfect to fail in no time flat. I'm at the Megadome on hard >_<

Volrec

Smash Lord
The 5th tier is so **** good, minus Holiday in cambodia cuz i hate that song

Rock Like hurricane etc - Solo is fun, just chords during singing
La Grange-Funnest song in the game, "HAW HAW HAW HAW"
Same Old song and dance - fun in general, song is good, riff is fun
Slash Battle - it's ****ing slash
Welcome Jungle - awesome riff

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
3rd Tier and 7th Tier are best IMO.

Anyways, here's a little challenge for you guys, beat my Closer score (Hard):