• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
not until the wii gets a harddrive, and nintendo is being moronic in not allowing support. I can't imagine why not. You don't have to makeyour own ****ing HDD, just give us USB support and we can supply our own. jesus christ, there's absolutely NO reason to not just do a little firmware update and say "now you can use mass storage devices!" Nintendo has just made me annoyed at how ******** they've been as of late.

Phoenix_Rising

Smash Cadet
Dude, I got my Wii GHIII before I knew there would be no downloadable content.... I'm thinking about returning it now.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
not until the wii gets a harddrive, and nintendo is being moronic in not allowing support. I can't imagine why not. You don't have to makeyour own ****ing HDD, just give us USB support and we can supply our own. jesus christ, there's absolutely NO reason to not just do a little firmware update and say "now you can use mass storage devices!" Nintendo has just made me annoyed at how ******** they've been as of late.
Well, the only sound reason I can see is that they did it to avoid system corruption since the HDD failing will cause the console to die and Hard Drives DO fail for not reason at all (my old one on my PC did). But I agree, external HDDs suck, but it's better than nothing.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
If they put in a create a song function, they could make it so there was no way to transfer the sheet. In which case, no online mulitplayer. Also lots of people wouldn't make songs very well. Furthermore people would still buy later installments because it comes with lots of songs premade, would save you hours and hours of time. ALso, they can always add other types of content. The game changes.

Though in general, that's what FoF/PS2 hacking is for.
Still would be a cool feature for the guys who really get into this. That's the whole basis on Stepmania and other emulated rip-offs of the beat games. Also, it's great to play against your friends. It would be cool to be transferable, so you can get new song beat-tracks online from others, without the song of course, but I doubt that would happen.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Mosh 1 is actually really easy if you just alt strum maybe 8 or 10 nps as it's going. I can keep a combo through the whole thing sometimes. :)

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
Why do people think the setlist in GH3 is better than 2's? Strutter, Surrender, Jessica, Sweet Child O Mine, Search and Destroy, Can't You Hear Me Knockin, Crazy on You, Hangar 18...all great songs with great note charts. And I could go on. From GH3, I like Weezer, Tenacious D, Pearl Jam, Knights of Cydonia, and Cliffs of Dover, and I can't think of much else. I like School's out, but it doesn't make for a good guitar hero track. Why would they pick that?

Not to mention 90% of the bonus songs are screaming, angry, nasty sounding crap. They don't even compare to GH2's bonus songs.

Also, does the way background behind the notes turns blue bother anyone else? I have to suspend my urge to blink and get like 3 feet away from the screen to make out the blue on blue nonsense on screen. Why would they do that as well?

The only song I haven't passed on expert is Ttfaf, and so far, I'm not very impressed with the game.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I do agreee with you smewhat in terms of the bonus songs, but there's still a lot i like. rise against, Closer, FCPREMIX, Generation Rock, Dope, are all good bands songs, and there's more I like. I also like most of the normal songs. There's so many good things. However I do agree that some of them were bad choice for GHII. I mean, I like Bulls on Parade, but it's boring as **** to play.

THere are still so many songs I like though. Knights of Cydonia, Black Magic Woman, The Metal, Cult of Personality, Monsters, and so many more.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
For the record a friend and I played TtFaF today and my wrist is now swollen. Of course we were playing Under Pressure before that on Expert, but still, TtFaF was insane. I still hate Dragonforce, but I can now respect what they do a little bit better.

D

Deleted member

I hate when you're playing Co-Op, both of your screens shake when one person misses a note... so I can never figure out if I missed a note or not...

I will 4* TTFaF the next time I play it... and as soon as I get some scores on ScoreHero, I hope to get in Top 50 for Wii no problem...

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
If anyone wants to know, Wobbles (The Phoenix) is a Guitar Hero. He's nuts.

He can do Through Fire and Flames on expert with the hyperspeed cheat and get around 90%. Witnessed it myself. Just lettin' you know.

But since he's not here with me right now, I was wondering if anyone has any tips on making the switch from medium to hard mode? My gf and I have just started playing, really, and are about ready to move past medium difficulty. But there's e a huge difference in the difficulty. Just wondering if anyone has any tips like how they position their fingers, etc...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
GOD I HATE NINTENDO'S RETARDEDNESS RIGHT NOW.

It just makes me so mad. I would be a 360 if i had the money, and would totally pay for live. If there's a price drop and I get a job, I will be on that ****. I stil love the Wii, it's just the people who made it and how they're supporting it is pretty ****ty. Their games are great, but the Wii OS department leaves so much to be desired.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Man, I first thought Live was going to be a complete waste of time, and for a while I was right; everybody I played sucked and always picked either Slash Battle, TTFAF, or TDWDTG. Not exactly my idea of a good time. I'm glad I stuck it out, though, because occaisionally I'll meet one cool guy over the headset and have fun conversations. Sure, they may not be the best players in the world, but just going through a song, laughing at a couple of random comments, and hearing "Good game," when you're done totally makes it worth sticking it out through all the posers out there.

...He can do Through Fire and Flames on expert with the hyperspeed cheat and get around 90%. Witnessed it myself. Just lettin' you know...
1) Hyperspeed isn't a cheat.
2) Not saying he's bad at all, but quite a few people can beat Through the Fire and Flames on Expert, and the percentile of notes he's hit means nothing. Sure, he hit 90% of the notess, but what's his score? He could have been flailing wildly on the buttons and strumming like a madman in hopes hit hit a lot of notes. If that the case, he'd never have a constant combo, and his score would be awful, meaning he's actually not that great.

That's pretty badass.
Yeah, it's not. I got it because it was free; no other reason. I've never really played Halo at all (Well, I've played it, but never really got into it.), so that's probably why I don't really find this song exciting at all. It's just pretty... Bleh.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You would be a 360? Zomg. Is your name Larry? If so, you could be my new 360!
My dad's name is Larry.

I would never want to be a 360 though, they get sick way too often

[cowboy], I dunno why it's like that on the 360. On the Wii people go to lots of different songs, I rarely have someone who goes to TtFaF, and when they do they're generally decent at it, keeping combos and getting scores around 400k, albeit the three times that happened I just took them to like My Curse or something unknown and I would always beat them. I felt bad afterwards, but I figured, hey they wasted so much time learning TtFaF when they could have learned 10 other songs first, they deserve it.

[/cowboy]

sorry, had to throw that in :D

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the 360 community is too into the DLCs and TTFaF... I was playing online on the Wii yesterday, and I got a variety of songs played... including Miss. Queen x.x...

Also, for the Wii, the lag or faulty playing is based entirely on your connection, right? Because I was playing at my friend's house yesterday and during Raining Blood the other person's score didn't go up for a while and it showed them FCing it... he lost, but I figured that was a bad connection on either side...

Rankings are really stupid for each console... it's really hard to have a good rank for 360 and it's really easy to rank in Wii... My Take This Life score on Wii is ranked 25th, and on 360 it'd be ranked 105th... :/ Wii's gotta step up lol

ShoTTa

Smash Cadet
I luv Guitar Hero III, but I'm going to try Rock Band.
Play Through The Fire And The Flames by Dragonforce on Expert = Impossible

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yeah, it's not. I got it because it was free; no other reason. I've never really played Halo at all (Well, I've played it, but never really got into it.), so that's probably why I don't really find this song exciting at all. It's just pretty... Bleh.
Fan service is all it is. I've read the song is really easy to, as you GH fanatics call it, "FC" but hey, so be it. I'm just pumped that after all the rumors about it happening it finally came true. Even if it's one of the easiest songs in the game I'll still play it daily, it's a great tune.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it is just fan service. I actually thought the song was kind of boring, too. It was free, though. so I'm not going to complain about it. =P

I actually lost on Live last night. D=
Horrifying. First time I ever lost (Well, actually, one of the first matches I played on Live I lost because I had just downloaded the Boss Battle pack beforehand and played them each once, and of course this guy picks Slash Battle and DWDTG, so they were essentially sightreads.). Thing is, just before I entered that match, I told myself "Yeah, just one more match and I'll log off for the night.".
So I create a match; best of five. Someone joins. He picks Same Old Song and Dance and Cherub Rock. I'm thinking "Well, he probably doesn't suck; he's actually picked songs other than DWDTG and TTFAF.". So I pick Cliffs of Dover (Because I hadn't played it at all that night.) and my fall-back song, FCPREMIX.
Cliffs of Dover starts up and he does well, but I did horrible. I chalked that loss up to bad luck, but acknowledged the fact that he's no pushover. Next is Same Old Song and Dance where, again, he does well and I do absolutely craptacular.
It's at this point I'm glad I chose FCPREMIX, where I go on to smoke him by rougly 30k because I've actually put the time into practicing the Mosh Solo and found a half-decent SP Path. At this point he gets on his headset and congratulates me. I reply by saying that I may have won one song, but he's definetly ending my win-streak tonight. He laughs and says "Yeah, I remember one time I got up to a win-streak of seventy and someone ruined it.". So I'm now thinking that if this guy had a seventy win-streak, I definetly don't stand a chance in Cherub Rock.
And I don't. From the looks of it, he knew the optimal SP Path, where I didn't. He blows my score away. I was humbled. If only I had decided not to play one more match that night. =(

Nah, really though, I'm glad to have actually played someone who put up a fight. Half the time I'm playing random people who spam boss battles or disconnect half-way through a match. There was also this one guy who picked TTFAF on me... I didn't care too much because it was a player match, but I was still kind of annoyed. I didn't do very well, didn't play half the solo, and didn't play the ending at all, and still beat him by more than 300k. That really annoyed me.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

I was playing "My Name is Jonas" on expert and was hitting every note, even the parts where you have to strum the three-chords repeatedly, and I missed the final chord!

You don't know how much I am pissed :mad:

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Volrec, I have first on Closer, When we Were Young, and Generation Rock, too. And second on My Name is Jonas. I think most of the really good GH players bought 360 or PS3, and that's why I'm getting ranked so high.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I feel so deprived right now, I haven't played this in like two weeks because i didn't have time, then got hooked on SMG, and now my roommate took it home with him for break (don't actually own a copy, have yet to buy one and black friday was not the day to try and get one -_-')

Lol it's so funny when my friends are awed by me, since i'm not very good. I mean, I guess I'm somewhat good at the game since it's my first GH and I've completed TtFaF, but still, the only songs i've FCed are CLoser and Generation Rock, probably the two easiest songs in the game IMO. and I don't know the SP path on those, Gaws top score beats my GR score by about 23k.

I guess it's sorta like when I play smash. I'm better than I think, it's just I have all amazing players near me (GO MD/VA) so I look bad in comparison.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
I guess it's sorta like when I play smash. I'm better than I think, it's just I have all amazing players near me so I look bad in comparison.
Kind of opposite for me. I don't think I'm as amazing as others say I am, but since I'm the only person who's skilled at all near me, I look like a god. x_x

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
1) Hyperspeed isn't a cheat.
2) Not saying he's bad at all, but quite a few people can beat Through the Fire and Flames on Expert, and the percentile of notes he's hit means nothing. Sure, he hit 90% of the notess, but what's his score? He could have been flailing wildly on the buttons and strumming like a madman in hopes hit hit a lot of notes. If that the case, he'd never have a constant combo, and his score would be awful, meaning he's actually not that great.
1) I am still a GH noob. Not afraid to admit it. I haven't player 1 or 2, just getting into 3.

2) Well, there's no way for me to "prove" to you over the smashboards that he's good. But he is. The score was somewhere mid 400k's I thought and had over a 500 streak. (He got my achievement. It was on my box) It was quite impressive, don't ruin my imaginary world! ;)

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I started playing again yesterday after I beat SMG (buy that now!!)
I suck. horribly. I could barely even get the orange down, it was always nearly missed.
Looks like its time for some practicin.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
1) I am still a GH noob. Not afraid to admit it. I haven't player 1 or 2, just getting into 3.

2) Well, there's no way for me to "prove" to you over the smashboards that he's good. But he is. The score was somewhere mid 400k's I thought and had over a 500 streak. (He got my achievement. It was on my box) It was quite impressive, don't ruin my imaginary world! ;)
1) Alright, no problem. I don't want to bring the whole Hyperspeed debate to SmashBoards, but it's already a general concensus of anybody who knows what they're talking about that Hyperspeed isn't a cheat. At least ScoreHero doesn't consider it a cheat, so that should be good enough for anyone.

2) Well, I don't really need to to prove how good he is, I'm just saying that beating TTFAF =/= Good player. If he's gotten mid-400k, that should be roughly a four-star performance, and that actually does make him a pretty good player.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'm curious, in before I forget, at the part with tns of thirds in a row, do yu stay in position until you get to the YO chord? Cuz I usually play by shifting and staying ona one-three and switching to 2-4 for the YO. It's just whenever I try to kepp switching between 1-3 and 22-4 like the my fingers get confused. Should I work on that?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
My fingers are used to that because of PF on GH2. Some people reccomend using only your index and ring finger, and shift for all three, but I find it easiest to just stay in position until the YO. All preference, though.

Top Bottom