• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Here's a question folks: should I buy the Wii version of Guitar Hero now, or wait to see how Rock Band for Wii turns out?

(I'm more interested in playing drums, personally. I know I would always be but a grasshopper to Cowboy's mastery of the guitar...)

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i just got this gh3 a few days ago! im trying to do through the fire and the flames on expert, but the "What the...?!?" part in the solo always screws me over..

Here's a question folks: should I buy the Wii version of Guitar Hero now, or wait to see how Rock Band for Wii turns out?

(I'm more interested in playing drums, personally. I know I would always be but a grasshopper to Cowboy's mastery of the guitar...)
i was thinking the exact same thing before, but i decided that i was going to get both, lol. if rock band DOES come out for wii, it wont be for a while and i'll have plenty of time to save up for it. just get it for wii, its worth it.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i play gh like the violin, with a 1st and 2nd position and my fingerings always depend on that. unless its some crazy trills, then i always use 1 and 2 to trill.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Personally, if it's just you, you'd be better off with GH III, although in my personal opinion Rock Band is over 9000 times the party game in general than all of the Guitar Hero's combined. Plus, Rock Band has a better soundtrack.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
how do you guys tap the intro for through the fire and flames? i personally put my right middle on the green and use my left hand for the RYBO frets and elbow strum the beginning.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
So not to be a nub or anything but why isn't hyperspeed considered a cheat? It makes the song easier to play doesn't it? I mean, on score hero, alot of the top scores are done using hyerspeed 2 or 3. and at a tournament, hyperspeed wouldn't be on (would it?) so wouldn't it be better to practice with out HS?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Hyperspeed isn't a cheat because it does absolutely nothing in your favor. It speeds up the fret board, which spaces out the notes, making it easier for some people to read. So really you get to see the notes further spaced out, but you also have to have much quicker reactions because you don't have nearly the time you do between seeing the note and having to play it compared to non-hyperspeed. Some people can't play on Hyperspeed, others do better with it. I couldn't play Expert in GH2 until I played Hard with Hyperspeed on.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
I mean, on score hero, alot of the top scores are done using hyerspeed 2 or 3
More like four or five.

Besides, have you ever played DDR? That game has speed mods. They are allowed. Hyperspeed is just a speed mod that Red Octane stupidly keeps listing under a cheat menu of some sort, so everybody keeps getting anal about it.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
having hyperspeed on always scared me...the screen would scroll so fast and i would be intimidated.

Soren49

Smash Rookie
Haha, My brother just got this for his Xbox 360. Hehe, first time even seeing the game ^^; But dude, it rawks! He beat it in a day and ZOMG the ending RAWKED! So awesome!

D

Deleted member

My TTFaF tapping fingers:

Green: Left Index
Red: Left Middle
Yellow: Left Ring
Blue: Right Index
Orange: Right Middle

I got 500k on it yesterday in a miracle run where I FCed the intro, and FCed the Synth Death... and I played with my hand over the top for the outro so I could hit those **** O-R-B-R notes...

Whammying notes has never given you extra points (Proven since GH1)...

The bad news today is that I have forgotten the password to my ScoreHero account, and e-mail password function is failing...

The Way It Ends=o.0... Sightread it today and wtf...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You know what's a weird song to sight read? Impulse. It just sorta keeps going, it's like one long solo, doesn't really have tons of recognizable patterns, until the very end when it returns to the first theme.

fluffy

Smash Champion

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Impulse is probably my favorite song in the game. Also, whammying never did raise your score.

fluffy

Smash Champion
Impulse is one of the only bonus worth playing
negative!

fcpremix, cant be saved, she bangs the drums, prayer of the refugee, and TtFaF are just a few of the songs in the bonus section that are good. try playing them

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
1) Impulse is amazing.

2) As others have said, whammying has never increased your scores; and yes, it's piss annoying when everyone on live thinks "Held Note" means "Whammy the hell out of it; especially if it sounds awful.".

3) 360 Has DLC, yeah, but you'd better be willing to pay $6.25 per three-song pack (Excluding the free Boss Battle pack and Halo MJOLNIR MIX.). Really though, 360 version is superior. The only downside is that everyone on Live picks TTFAF/Boss Battles, especially if they can't play it.

4) F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. is another amazing bonus song, but that's just me.

5) The Way It Ends is a ******** sightread on Expert. I got up to the part where it was going YYYYYYYYY(RYB) and just quit. I've five-starred it now, but I totally gave up on sightread. >_>

6) If anyone wants to get there arses handed to them on XBox Live, add me. Tag's Cowbocks. Just send me a message saying you're from SWF, or I'll rpobably question who the hell you are. =)

Volrec

Smash Lord
Impulse is one of the only bonus worth playing
I like F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X and In Love. Herman Li can't play guitar but TTFAF is ok.I hate Prayer of the refugee but whatever.

Also, I played battle mode today again. Everyone picked medium. What to do? Raining Blood. Stack until mosh 1. Commence laughing like an idiot

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hey Cowboy, I would love to have a rivalry. Say one song a week? PM me if you're interested.

Volrec

Smash Lord
Anyone wanna list songs they hate? Don't be afraid, but I'm memorizing them just incase i see you online-

-Holiday In Cambodia
-Prayer Of the Refugee
-Cant Be Saved
-Don't Hold Back
-The Fact Wii Doesn't Get DLC
-The Seeker
-Take This Life(annoying screamo **** is annoying)

Top Bottom