• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero I & II

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
No prob.

Also, I just FC'd Woman on Hard!

I know it doesn't sound THAT impressive, but I've been wanting to do that for a long time now, and I kept making the stupidest mistakes.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Guitar hero's good I'm gonna buy 3 when it comes out on wii.

Rock band is gonna own guitar hero though. Good thing I will be able to use guitar hero guitars on rockband or else I whould be spending alot on these music game.

(Btw guitar hero's makers have registered the trademarks: Guitar villian,Drum hero,Drum villian,Keyboard hero, and band hero)

Volrec

Smash Lord
Meh i still have so much trouble on most of the expert level for GH2, i mess my fingers up.. and the sad part is I play real guitar in a rather successful band, its just that i'm so used to aiming for strings that just putting my whole finger over it is weird
Finally, not one of the "loles play real gitar u n00b"

And if you play real guitar, play that. Guitar Hero might mess you up.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
8: Face Melters
1. "Far Beyond the Sun" - Yngwie Malmsteen (from Rising Force)
That song would **** any attempt at playing the game kind of like Jordan did lol. Yngwie is too good. Rising Force (the song) may be a better selection because it's less finger intense than far beyond the sun. the guitar solo is just mostly 2 string arpeggios 16th notes which wouldn't be too bad for playing on the guitar hero controller

edit/ nevermind i forgot about some of the fills and the guitar/keyboard alternating solos. i think anythign by yngwie would be too intense for a guitar hero game haha.

ALSO, i thought abou today or yesterdya that an awesome addition to Guitar Hero could be the use of 'Open' notes where you don't play any of the buttons but you're still required to play at a certain rhythm. then on songs with lots of alternating low notes with higher notes (light that blinds, beast and the harlot) could be done like that.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Its funny, I just thought of that yesterday too, but yeah, my thoughts were more along the lines of Trogdor and Soy Bomb at certain points as the two are actually played on the guitar with open strings.

_kSo_

Smash Master
i found that most guitar players find gh to be fairly hard, whereas piano players (such as myself and a few other people i know) have an easier time. i guess its the button similarities from gh controller to piano as opposed to strings. In any case, I'm making a few custom discs myself, and i'll probably buy a wii just so i can have gh3. oh and ssbb :p

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i'm a guitar player and the transfer to guitar hero for me was really easy. i started on hard mode the firs ttime i played it and didn't fail any songs til like 20 songs in lol. the next day i started playing on expert.

but on the other hand, my close friend who is amazing at guitar is horrible at guitar hero lol.

It may just be a hand/eye coordination thing, cause i used to play DDR on heavy with a controller back in the dreamcast days, so maybe i can just recognize the notes on guitar hero fairly fast like with the steps on DDR (which for the record, i suck at DDR when it comes to actually dancing.)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I heard a lot of guitarists can't force their finger to plop down on a whole fret when they're used to aiming for strings.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
One of the best games ever made. GHII got me so addicted the first time I played. My favorite song (first bonus track I picked, randomly)is The Light That Blinds. Simply amazing.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
I have GH2 for the 360, I'm hooked on it. I've been trying to beat Six on Expert, can't even come close. :p

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
hemightbegiant, isn't that from Rock Star?

Anyways, GH3 is supposed to come this fall.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I'm so psyched that GHIII is also gonna be for ps2. to be quite honest, i don't know if want to get a wii yet...im quite content with my gc. besides if my friend gets gh3 for wii i'll just play it at his house all day :p

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Rock Band has a different art style, it's pretty easy to tell the difference between the two games. Rock Band also lets you create your own character, which is awesome. Can't wait to play online with my friends with all of our characters that we made, not just the premade ones from Guitar Hero. It's one of the reasons I'll be picking up Rock Band before Guitar Hero 3.

I love love love how they're getting so many master tracks for each of the games, too. And the boss battles for GH3? Look insanely awesome, and oh my god at the part Slash was playing in the video from E3. There's supposedly four bosses in the game, and after you best the boss, you play an encore song with them by their respective band. The final song, hinted by the developers, is "epic."

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Rock Band has a different art style, it's pretty easy to tell the difference between the two games. Rock Band also lets you create your own character, which is awesome. Can't wait to play online with my friends with all of our characters that we made, not just the premade ones from Guitar Hero. It's one of the reasons I'll be picking up Rock Band before Guitar Hero 3.

I love love love how they're getting so many master tracks for each of the games, too. And the boss battles for GH3? Look insanely awesome, and oh my god at the part Slash was playing in the video from E3. There's supposedly four bosses in the game, and after you best the boss, you play an encore song with them by their respective band. The final song, hinted by the developers, is "epic."

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Nice. Could you link me to the Boss battle video with Slash? Thanks.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Thanks.

That's really sweet. I didn't think the weird little attack things would be in the boss battles, but it's still cool, just more like playing with Items in melee than 1v1 with no items on FD.

Like my analogy?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Did anyone Encore: Rock the 80s yet? I did, and I have mixed feelings about it.

For one, the setlist is awesome, FAR superior to the GHII setlist, and a little better than the GH1 setlist.

It plays and feels exactly like GHII, meaning no crappy hammer-ons from GH1.

The problem is, EVERYTHING IS THE SAME. I mean, there's the 30 new songs, but the interface is exactly the same other than some color switches, and the venues are the same as well. All the guitars and finishes are the exact same, even the unlockable ones.

The only things that are different are:

-The color of the interface
-The costumes of the characters
-The songs

That's literally it. Also, they took a ton of crap out. I mean, there's no bonus songs, no alternate costumes, no bonus vids, and less characters. (Why the hell would you take out Xavier?)

So, basically your paying 50 bucks for 30 new GHII songs. Is that worth it?

Well, for me it is, I mean, I would never be able to live knowing there's a GH game out there that I don't own, but for the common folk, maybe not.

(Double Posting instead of editing to bump.)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
That's literally it. Also, they took a ton of crap out. I mean, there's no bonus songs, no alternate costumes, no bonus vids, and less characters. (Why the hell would you take out Xavier?)
WHAT?? They took out my boy Xavier Stone? Wow, there's a good chance I'm going to be playing this game very little.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
New Guitar Hero 3 info!

Suck My Kiss - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Master Track)
La Grange - ZZ Top
The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden (Master Track)
Through the Fire and Flames - Dragonforce (Master Track)

Venues:
Backyard Bash
Mitch's Moose Lounge
Video Shoot
Ye Olde Royal Odeon
Shanker's Island
Desert Rock Tour
Kaiju Megadome
Lou's Inferno

Characters:
Axel Steel
Casey Lynch
Grim Ripper
Izzy Sparks
Johnny Napalm
Judy Nails
Lars Umlaut
Xavier Stone
Midori (new)
Slash (legend)

No Clive. :C

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Dragonforce? Sweet.

For some reason I didn't see them in there.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Dammit, I use Clive :(

Oh well, I suppose Dragonforce makes up for it. Their best song too!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The guys over at Score Hero said that the co-op chart for the Dragonforce song has over 6800 notes. Crazy!

Ronike

Smash Ace
Darnit! Now I guess we will have a song harder than Jordan, which means Ishall have to obsess for more than a month to beat it.

Top Bottom