• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero I & II

_kSo_

Smash Master
custom songs ftw

wait are you talking about GH3? are they putting dragonforce in there? im not too sure, i havent really been following along

primusfan

Smash Ace
So, someone tell me about the hype behind this "Dragonforce" announcement
Well, as much as I hate Dragonforce, go to this page. The song, "Through the Fire and Flames" is the song thats on GHIII.

http://myspace.com/dragonforce

They're a cheesy metal band thats plays 80's style shred metal. They do have to incredible guitar players though. Herman Li is a ****ing maniac on guitar.

halfzy

Smash Apprentice
so does any one actually like the new guitar hero game
its not as great as the 2nd one plus it only has 30 songs
i do have to say tho that the last song (play with me) is one of the hardest songs i've ever played on expert i think it is harder than freebird and maybe jordan

_kSo_

Smash Master
so does any one actually like the new guitar hero game
its not as great as the 2nd one plus it only has 30 songs
i do have to say tho that the last song (play with me) is one of the hardest songs i've ever played on expert i think it is harder than freebird and maybe jordan
play with me is = in difficulty to freebird, IMO, however as far as acing the solos go it is not harder than jordan. I passed this song on my first try whereas I didn't pass jordan till like my 10th try LOL

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Holy crap, I just saw some PS2 mods.

That's not fair, I wont be able to beat it.

Length of Free Bird, difficulty of Jordan.

Unfair.
Difficulty of Jordan? Ha, Score Hero members were failing the song at 1-3% when they got to visit Neversoft, and you know, they guys at Score Hero are really really good. The #1 guy on the Xbox Live leaderboards failed the song at 3%.

Volrec

Smash Lord
Difficulty of Jordan? Ha, Score Hero members were failing the song at 1-3% when they got to visit Neversoft, and you know, they guys at Score Hero are really really good. The #1 guy on the Xbox Live leaderboards failed the song at 3%.
Oh GOD, LOL.

Fun fun, but I wonder how Wii's online GH3 will work.

And I wonder why Cashed got a Wii even though he disses us all the time. =/

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think he hates nintendo, he just loves microsoft.

And I got and beat the 80's guitar hero. Not worth 40 bucks but it'll hold me over until 3.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I love guitar hero 2 for ps2. Got it like a month ago. Trying to find GH1 cheap. I am ok at GH2 I guess but right now I am stuck on Freya Hard. Got to 94% finished once by luck and lost. Already 5 starred all the easy and all the medium but like 5 songs. Just can't get any further atm. :(

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Aeramis, you really don't need to get GH1. I had GH2 before GH1 as well, and I thought I would love to have GH1. Well, I beat it real quick, it was a nice change of flavor, but there's just no comparing it to GH2. I mean, the HOPO's suck hard, and everything is better in GH2.

I guess it's new songs, but it's just way to easy, because Hammer ons are hard to pull off (pun intenteded) so there aren't a lot in there. And then it's just ridiculous when you get to Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon on expert, because they DO have hammer ons which are incredibly hard to get. (Still easy as all hell though, so long as your good at timing starpower.

Just my two cents on that.

Anyways, I've been filling up my ScoreHero 80s edition records, and I got #7 on Wrathchild. (Hard). I'm doing Hard not because I can't do expert, but because I can't FC most of the songs like I can on Hard, and it's not really worth it to me if I can't see some kind of reward.

(Like 7th rank on Wrathchild.)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Since there is speculation that the Rock Band Guitars won't work on Guitar Hero 3, how great would it be if Harmonix releases all Guitar Hero tracks from all 4 games for download. I'd but that for sure.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
If they did, they'd be charging what they do currently on Live, $6.25 for a pack of 3 songs. That's a ****ing lot of money.

And Typh - Spot on!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
No one will ever FC Because it's midnight on 80's. That solo moves way faster than anything we've seen. Same with Ballroom Blitz.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
No offense primus, but you couldn't hit that solo to save your life.

If k3v can't get it, you can't. Simple rules of guitar hero. (Unless your HellAshes, popemobile, PriestMLH, or ES.)

primusfan

Smash Ace
No offense primus, but you couldn't hit that solo to save your life.

If k3v can't get it, you can't. Simple rules of guitar hero. (Unless your HellAshes, popemobile, PriestMLH, or ES.)
Ha, you really think that? I'm not saying I could hit every note, but I definitely hit the same amount of notes hit in the video. I don't give a crap about K3v, i'm a completely different person. You just have to know how to hammer on and pull off very well...which I do.

Btw, why would you say something that stupid if you don't even know my ability?:laugh:

cF=)

Smash Lord
Since this is a Guitar Hero thread, I'd like to ask how many of the GH players here have ever touched another rythm game in their lifetime ? I've heard so much people crying over solos that it pisses me off, mostly because I've been a hardcore Stepmania player and could FC some hard song on GH2 the first 30 minutes I played the game.

Is the mob lacking rythm, or are some players just crybabies ?

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've never played any rhythm game other than Parappa the Rapper, which hardly qualifies. I can easily 4 star every song in GHII on expert. Some people just can't keep up I guess.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Ha, you really think that? I'm not saying I could hit every note, but I definitely hit the same amount of notes hit in the video. I don't give a crap about K3v, i'm a completely different person. You just have to know how to hammer on and pull off very well...which I do.

Btw, why would you say something that stupid if you don't even know my ability?:laugh:
It's not about the HOPO's, it's about the double strumming as fast as the trogdor solo while constantly switching the frets.

The HOPO's isn't hard at all, and that part of the solo doesn't require insane HOPO speed OR skill. That's not the issue at all. Why don't you re-watch the solo? You need really good timing and incredibly fast strumming. You're pretty **** arrogant to think you can pull that off easy when all the best GH players in the world still haven't.

I still stand firm by what I said. You couldn't hit that solo to save your life.

EDIT: This video's more clear. Watch it at the end of the video at the very end of the solo. Listen to how fast that guy is double strumming. He is going to slow, and he has to time the switching of the frets.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=789875881467220624

I'm thinking you thought that part was HOPO as well. And if you still think you can get that, well, get me a vid link lol.

primusfan

Smash Ace
It's not about the HOPO's, it's about the double strumming as fast as the trogdor solo while constantly switching the frets.

The HOPO's isn't hard at all, and that part of the solo doesn't require insane HOPO speed OR skill. That's not the issue at all. Why don't you re-watch the solo? You need really good timing and incredibly fast strumming. You're pretty **** arrogant to think you can pull that off easy when all the best GH players in the world still haven't.

I still stand firm by what I said. You couldn't hit that solo to save your life.

EDIT: This video's more clear. Watch it at the end of the video at the very end of the solo. Listen to how fast that guy is double strumming. He is going to slow, and he has to time the switching of the frets.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=789875881467220624

I'm thinking you thought that part was HOPO as well. And if you still think you can get that, well, get me a vid link lol.
The double strumming part? Thats not hard either. It's just like the intro to The Light That Blinds from GH2. That is what you're talking about right? You have to realize, I still havent played GH: 80's. I'm just judging from what I saw in the videos. Or maybe i'm just better than you...really, i'm not trying to sound like a big shot or anything, but the way you're talking about, you make it sound like the hardest thing in the world. But whatever, I'll let you be a stubborn ******* and believe whatever you want.

Thats all I have to say.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
It's just like the intro to The Light That Blinds except 1.5 times faster, and only 2 notes per fret change.

It's not a matter of whether your better than me, it's a matter of whether your better than people who've FC'd all but 3 or 4 songs on GH2 expert.

If you really are so good, I don't see why you wouldn't start a Scorehero account and become famous on the internet. I mean, if you can get that, you can FC Misirlou, BatH, and Trogdor on Expert. Not to mention trogdor on Hard.

But you're just too modest, eh? Your being a bit stubborn too, y'know.

Seriously, post up a vid when you get 80s edition that shows you FCing Ballroom Blitz on Expert, and I'll make a full apology.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Primus, seriously shut the F* up man. Now its just getting annoying. You cant FC that within 30 minutes. No one could, and Im sure there are plenty of people 10x better than you. So just shut up. It getting annoying.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Sounds good to me, and like I said, if you do awesome, I'll apologize.

When are you getting it?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah, me too.

I'm more excited for Rock Band though. Too bad it's not coming to Wii 'till next year.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Primus, I didn't remember hearing it either, but Matt C. from the IGN Wii staff said in a podcast that it WAS coming to Wii for sure but not 'till next year.

It's just a matter of whether you trust him, which I do.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I got my Rock the 80s for $39.99 at best buy. I'm pretty satisfied with it. the colors sucked and so does most aspects of the game, but the new songs are pretty awesome. I bought it because I like the idea of new songs to play. The tracks are actually not bad and there are some quite challenging songs on there

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Suck My Kiss by Red Hot Chili Peppers, as a master track. **** Yeah.

With all the master tracks they're getting, I'm still pissed of that they didn't get the master track for La Grange by ZZ Top.

Top Bottom