• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero I & II

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Guys, I was on Wikipedia, and saw that the Dragonforce song "Through The Fire And Flames" is a bonus song. Now I know it's Wikipedia we are talking about, but still. I'm just saying making it a bonus song would be ********, IMO.

Is there any real proof it will/wont be a bonus song?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
It is a bonus song. The guys from Scorehero that played some build of the game said it was.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Avalancha: Heroes Del Silencio
Closer: Lacuna Coil
Hier Kommt Alex: Die Toten Hose
Minus Celsius: Backyard Babies
Take This Life: In Flames

These will all be unlockable bonus songs... I think.

It may be just for Europe, but I'm pretty sure it said all territorys.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Meleeruler, it's a bonus song because it's too hard to be on the normal set list. Also, GH3 has the worst achievements ever on the 360.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I listened to some of the European artists using allmusic guide and such, and I like it. I hope it's all regions.

Anyway, here are all of the confirmed songs for Rock Band (bold is master track)

"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" – Jet
"Blitzkrieg Bop" – The Ramones
"Cherub Rock" – Smashing Pumpkins
"Creep" – Radiohead
"(Don't Fear) The Reaper" – Blue Öyster Cult
"Enter Sandman" – Metallica
"Epic" – Faith No More
"Gimme Shelter" – Rolling Stones
"The Hand That Feeds" – Nine Inch Nails
"Go with the Flow" – Queens of the Stone Age
"Here It Goes Again" – OK Go
"Highway Star" – Deep Purple
"In Bloom" – Nirvana
"Learn To Fly" – Foo Fighters
"Main Offender" – The Hives

"Mississippi Queen" – Mountain
"Paranoid" – Black Sabbath
"Reptilia" – The Strokes
"Sabotage" – Beastie Boys
"Say It Ain't So" – Weezer
"Should I Stay Or Should I Go" – The Clash
"Suffragette City" – David Bowie

"Tom Sawyer" – Rush
"Vasoline" – Stone Temple Pilots
"Wanted Dead or Alive" – Bon Jovi
"Won't Get Fooled Again" – The Who

Do you guys realise how perfect those songs are?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yum. I think I like the Rock Band setlist more than the GH3 one.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Do we not have a Rockband topic? I don't think we do. Somebody make one with all the currently released info. Rockband does have the better set list in my opinion, I mean, they've got Radiohead.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I think guitar hero 3 is going to make me cry tears of happiness...i may have to reserve a copy...maybe lol

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
This game is ridiculous. I've never actually seen pics of it until viewing this thread. Guitar Freaks is SO much better.

Just stating my opinion. You Hero lovers should try it, its amazing.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Yeap. I find it harder...

I know it sounds weird but. You need to be more technical; if not with fret switching, then with up/down picking.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
How 'bout you play some more GH before you make that call.

You need to have AMAZING timing to FC some expert songs with alt. strumming, and the 2 extra frets makes a huge difference.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
:S

Maybe its just that I don't like the way its displayed :p.

Descending from a guitar neck? Thats...weird. Guitar Freaks is Japanese-made, songs & all.

Therefore = Cool.

I will take you up on your offer though. I should probably play it more before I call out random sh*t.

_kSo_

Smash Master
How 'bout you play some more GH before you make that call.

You need to have AMAZING timing to FC some expert songs with alt. strumming, and the 2 extra frets makes a huge difference.
i dont see how you can single strum on some of these songs. personally, i alt. strum everything

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I've tried to teach myself to alt. strum on songs, but it's just really **** hard to get used to after single strumming through the entire game. The only areas where I've had to alt. strum is on songs like Who Was In My Room Last Night?, Monkey Wrench, etc. I noticed when Harmonix played Rockband at E3 though their guitar players only alt. strummed, that shows you how much better it is if the developers themselves do it.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Plenty of GH pros single strum everything that isn't Misirlou or a crazy fast solo. It's really just preference. It's not hard to single strum most stuff if you just take your hand off of the guitar and move your hand up and down instead of your thumb.

Cashed, you really shouldn't alt strum WWIMRLN IMO. It's always harder to do the changes inbetween the chords, I think.

Anyways, like I said, it's really just preference, though I do find myself wanting to alt strum some stuff that's fast but has off-beat timing sometimes, and I just can't do it.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^^^ On your first activation, you ended up overlapping another SP phrase with the SP. Once you get the second phrase, you need to activate IMMEDIATLEY to just barely still get the SP phrase afterward. That would probably make the 10k difference for a five star.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
I am getting GHIII the day it comes out, and taking a day off school as well to play it.

I promise you all, I shall be the highest-ranked Canadian GHIII player; I was getting close to that on GHII before my PS2 died... I used to have scores ranked in the top 20 in the world. Since I haven't been able to work on them for two months, they've all dropped considerably (460k on BatH? Awesome back then. Now it's only ranked 60th.). But not now. Now I've got a fresh 360 Elite to steadily work away to usurp the position that is rightfully mine.

I sound creepy. >_>

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^ Scorehero? Me too. I don't play on expert much, because I can't FC many songs there while I can FC almost all of them on Hard. I've got a few firsts on hard for 80s edition, and I can't wait for GH3.

460k is still really impressive though. Anything in the top 100 for expert is great.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Scorehero. My Bad Reputation score used to be 18th (IIRC), and a had a Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart score around 23rd. I also used to be able to get 220k+ on Trippin' without even looking at the screen (But then again, it's an easy song.).

Seriously, though, now that I'm away for college without my parents nagging at me that I play games too much, I'm going to have so much time to work at Guitar Hero III; it also helps that most of the songs are ridiculously awesome. When I'm through, in the Guitar Hero world, when people think Canada, they'll think of me; Cowboy. >=)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
You guys see the new songs they announced today? Like, 17 or something!

Song of the game so far: Helicopter by Bloc Party.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
You guys see the new songs they announced today? Like, 17 or something!

Song of the game so far: Helicopter by Bloc Party.
Here's a list (my thoughts follow. :D is good, D: is bad. Bold is master track, etc.)

"Before I Forget - Slipknot (D: Who's the guy who thought Pat Benetar and Slipknot where good choices?)
"Black Magic Woman" - Santana (:D So it got confirmed to NOT be a master track, but I still guessed it)
"Black Sunshine" - White Zombie (:D Good song, but the cover can't be as bad as "Thunder Kiss '65)
"Cliffs of Dover" - Eric Johnson (D: Never heard it, but it's a cover song, so it won't be as good as the original so I won't know if I'll like the real song or not :ohwell:)
"The Devil Went Down To Georgia" - Charlie Daniels Band (:D OMG! OMG! OMG!)
"Holiday in Cambodia" - Dead Kennedys (D: Great band and song, but I'd rather not have them in than to have a cover bruise Dead Kennedy's good name)
"Monsters" - Matchbook Romance (:D Never heard it, but I look forward to)
"Pride and Joy" - Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble (D: See Dead Kennedys)
"Same Old Song and Dance" - Aerosmith (:D Wow, a song from the one of TWO Aerosmith 70's albums I don't own)
"The Seeker" - The Who (D: Why did they give masters for Rock Band and not GH III?)
"Stricken" - Disturbed (:D Metal.)
"Sunshine of Your Love" - Cream (D: Funny, Clapton is one of the people I would expect to give a master track)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
So, The Devil went down to Georgia better be redone by some good band, because I don't wanna be playing the guitar and hear violin sounds.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
The only other versions I know of are the Toy Dolls one and the Primus one, is it one of those? They don't seem very, metal-ish....

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The only other versions I know of are the Toy Dolls one and the Primus one, is it one of those? They don't seem very, metal-ish....
It's a COVER version of the Charlie Daniel's Band's version (i.e., the original), so we have no idea how it's gonna work. We need gameplay footage.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
So, The Devil went down to Georgia better be redone by some good band, because I don't wanna be playing the guitar and hear violin sounds.
You know there's a metal version of DWDtG, right? =)
It's a COVER version of the Charlie Daniel's Band's version (i.e., the original), so we have no idea how it's gonna work. We need gameplay footage.
I know I can't wait til GH3 and Rock Band come out myself, it's gonna be awesome. I wanna know what the final "epic" song is gonna be :p
:(

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember who made a metal version on Devil Went Down to Georgia, but I know there is one. =/

Still, we have to have faith in the folks working on GH3. They definetly wouldn't try to put this song in the game if they didn't have some crazy plan for it. The only songs in either of the first two games that you didn't actually play a guitar part is both Freezepop songs and Frankenstein (where you played pretty much every solo except the drums).

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
GAW, the "leaked" list has DWDTG as the final song, but that doesn't mean it's true. The final song still could be unannounced.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I don't see how these people could "guess" DWDTG is in the game and not "guess" it's placement right, to be honest.

Top Bottom