• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero I & II

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
The list isn't so bad, but it having The Devil Went Down to Georgia being the final encore song, and not One by Metallica, that makes me angry.

But once again, rumored.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
One is not anywhere near the awesomeness that is Freebird, sorry.

And after listening to One, I can really see why they didn't choose it to be the final encore.

Ooooooh.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
That cut me deep.

EDIT: The Devil Went Down To Georgia, assuming the list is real, doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult. Any other views on this?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
EDIT: The Devil Went Down To Georgia, assuming the list is real, doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult. Any other views on this?
Are you freaking kidding me? It would be a hell of a lot harder than One, that's for sure. The whole song is sick in TDWDTG, while in One theres only like 20 seconds of anything difficult in one, which can be covered by a full bar of SP.

Also keep in mind, it's not going to be exactly like the fiddle version. I imagine it something like this, but a little more metal and a little less county:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ioD7gp41GYU

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
www.guitarhero.com

Get a head start so your username of preference isn't taken. All of the system's leaderboards will be here once GH3 comes out, and there will be ranks and comparisons etc.

While you're at it, might as well join my group so that I get some groupies.

My group name is: Squeezing Masters of Scorehero

I don't care if you're a squeezing master, or if you're a member of scorehero, but if you aren't I reccomend it, 'cause it's awesome.

www.scorehero.com

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
So it turns out DWDTG is in the game as a metal version. It is not, however, the final song.

Also, Mr.GAW's from Scorehero? O_o
Dude, come the time GH3 hits shelves, I'm going to have to start asking you to do me huge favors, as my college's computer blocks Scorehero.

EDIT: Well, that was stupid of me to say. Of course you're from ScoreHero; you said so already. Sorry, slip of the mind. Though seriously, I may have to ask you to update my scores for me. =(

I'm getting pumped for GH3. Not too long ago I was back home (As in a different town.); playing GH2 with the only competition I have. Considering I hadn't played in two months, I still managed to crank out a YRGM FC; solo tapping and all. I was suprised.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Am I the only one worried about jizzing their pants while playing Knights of Cydonia?

EDIT: And I've played the **** out of GH2 and GH80s, I think I need to play some GH1. Either that or GH3 needs to come out sooner.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
It is not exactly where I heard it; it's where I didn't hear it. There was a newspost on ScoreHero talking about a couple of songs where it mentions DWDTG. Earlier on in the post, he said he wasn't allowed to talk about the last tier of songs. In other words, if DWDTG was in the last tier at all, he wouldn't be able to mention.

Though I could be wrong. I haven't checked that post in weeks as I haven't been able to access ScoreHero in that long.

And I'm also ridiculously excited for Knights of Cydonia. It would only make me happier if it were their live version instead of the studio version. =(

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Uhm. Location, competitors, song choice.

How difficult was it? Did you win with an FC?

_kSo_

Smash Master
Uhm. Location, competitors, song choice.

How difficult was it? Did you win with an FC?

oh lol it was a ******** tourney. no one good showed up...and no i didn't win with an FC...projector lag ftl

basically it was just single elimination bracket, 1 random song.

2 pts for winning a song
and then 3 judges will give out points based on style, performance and overall awesomeness; this adds up to a total of 5 points which declares the winner.

i thought it was really stupid, plus no one came within 50k of touching me even tho i was doing so badly....after playing "Mr. Fix-it" for the first round, i was like uhhhhhh.....so yea

another guy from scorehero.com was there - his user name is "Myself." he was good, but i guess he got knocked out from the lame tourney rules.

also this was at my college - Purdue University

Personally, when i held my tournament last year for GHII, the rules were

double elminitation bracket, best out of 3 songs with finals best out of 5 songs.
1st song chosen by player 1
2nd song chosen by player 2
3rd song chosen at random (if necessary)

prizes went out to places 1, 2 and 3

yea that was the gist of it. but this problem with that was that it was so ****ing long lol

Ronike

Smash Ace
God... five minutes in is gonna be a bithc unless they give us some real easy SP...

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
DWDTG sounds much better than I thought it would. Still not positive if I'm buying GH3 or not. I mean, I want to, but I'm still pretty set on putting all my money towards Rock Band as well as saving extra money for all the downloadable albums they'll have right at launch. *sigh*

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
http://wii.ign.com/articles/828/828510p1.html

It's going to be effing sweet to be able to compare my Wii scores to my friends 360 scores.

Cashed, it's not like you need more guitars for Rock band OR GH3, and I honestly don't think Rock Band is going to be very challenging guitar-wise.

Just IMO, I'd say slap the 60 down for GH3, and just hope you have enough when Rock Band comes.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
So the final song is DWDTG? Go figure that I'd be wrong. >_>

Anyway; GH3 is a little over a week away and I'm already getting very impatient. I think I'm just getting nervous about trying to prove my worth to the world. I mean, I recently just checked a bunch of GH2 scores and some of them were absolutely nuts. I'm just hoping that none of them were Canadian, so I can still say I'm the best in at least a large section of the world. =(

Silent_Jester

Smash Journeyman
Amongest the darkest shadows everywhere and anywhe
Don't worry Canadians aren't good at guiatr hero. I went to a small tourney at my school the other week. Everyone there either completely sucked or played for their first time ever. Half of the n00bs playing on easy thought they were the best in the world at it. We played Guitar Hero 1 so I got stuck on easy mode. Go figure... anyways I was bored so in the middle of the match I desided to pretty much rock out with the guitar like Angus Young. I played behind my head, did a chicken walk, played through my legs, slide across the ground, and other various tricks and finished by FCing every song I played. You should have seen the look on the people who thought they were good's faces. I swear one of them thought I was god.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
That's not even the hard part, lol. Lefty flip will suck hard though, I'll just have to play upside down I guess.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Eh. I doesn't look THAT hard. Definetly first try beatable, but probably 50 try five star if you know what I mean.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Lol. Way to double post right after I did the same thing. Haha, just messing around.

Also, I dunno why I said fifty, probably more like 2 or 3. I just was thinking it might be kinda hard to get used to all the quick two note hammer ons. The whole song is like the intro to Crazy on You in GH2, which I still only have 4 starred. (The intro isn't really the reason, though, I guess.)

EDIT: Nevermind. I just played through it on my GH2 guitar while watching the video on my Wii (yup, I'm a loser like that) and it's pretty hard when it goes OYG and back and forth all weird. I say it'll take me at least 10 tries or 10 min. in practice mode before I can five star it.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Two things.

1) I'm slightly offended at Silent Jester's generalization that Canadians aren't good at Guitar Hero. Just because you happened to go to a tournament where a bunch of people hadn't played before doesn't mean that all Canadians are like that. All the others that had played before and thought they were awesome for playing on Easy were either just arrogant or didn't know any better, and you can find those people in any country. Just thought you should know.

2) zOMG. I have a strong feeling that Cliffs of mother****ing Dover is going to be one of my favorite songs.

Top Bottom