• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero I & II

Silent_Jester

Smash Journeyman
Amongest the darkest shadows everywhere and anywhe
Two things.

1) I'm slightly offended at Silent Jester's generalization that Canadians aren't good at Guitar Hero. Just because you happened to go to a tournament where a bunch of people hadn't played before doesn't mean that all Canadians are like that. All the others that had played before and thought they were awesome for playing on Easy were either just arrogant or didn't know any better, and you can find those people in any country. Just thought you should know.

2) zOMG. I have a strong feeling that Cliffs of mother****ing Dover is going to be one of my favorite songs.
I was joking about the Canadian thing. Im sorry on behalf of my country. The tournament was here in the U.S. so maybe thats saying that us American's are very egotistic.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Alright. No sweat. Just saying. I'm all for mocking Canada in good spirits. I've joined in on many a poking-fun-at-Canada sprees so long as everyone knows it's all just a joke.

What you had said just seemed a little blunt, so I was slightly taken aback.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hey everyone, GH3 Demo on XBL tomorrow.

It's also on megaupload, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground and The OXM's (Official Xbox Magazine) December issue's disc.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I've never played any GH. Ever. I remember watching my cousin play it but I was more interested in playing something else at the time.

By the way, how much does the guitar cost?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Too much.

60 bucks methinks.

Wii version bundle (game plus 1 guitar) = 90 USD
XBOX360, PS3, and PS2 Bundles= 100 USD

Ronike

Smash Ace
Crap! Its $90 dollars?! Crap... I dunno if Ill have enough by sunday...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
In recent news; HellAshes from SH just got a -1 on Jordan. 0_0.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well the good thing is that you can use the GH2 guitars with GH3, saves you money, instead of buying new ones. At least it's gonna be online for all platforms (X360,PS2,PS3,Wii,PC,Mac) I think...

I can't wait to get home today, gonna hop onto live and download the demo and see if it's any good, then I may buy it. I also read that stores are selling the bungles (game, guitar(s)).

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Five more sleeps for me until I get GH3. It's gonna rawk; I don't need any demo to tell me that.

I wish I had a 360 guitar, stupid PS2 ones.
PS2 SG Guitar >>>>>>>>>>>>> 360 X-Plorer Guitar

And that's being generous. Srsly, the X-Plorer was epic fail.

In recent news; HellAshes from SH just got a -1 on Jordan. 0_0.
I figured someone would have had it FCed by now. They're not working hard enough. >=|

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yes PS2 guitar is 10x better than the xplorer. Big select button + working whammy bars> tiny select button and sucky whammy bars. (Although I do sorta like the square frets.)

.::Link::.

Smash Apprentice
$90 by Sunday......lemmie check my wallet......

OMFG $60!

Just gotta hit my bro up for $30....(not a problem.....he loves Guitar Hero)

Wow in the next few months I'll be able to womp all of you in Super Smash Brothers and Guitar Hero XD

-Link-

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Can't see it. What song? I'm going to make a wild guess and say Bulls on Parade, but I've never listened to the song in full, so I don't know.

Either way, censorship is something they have to do. Well, they don't have to, but parents would be more inclined to buy it for their kids when they see a Teen rating rather than a Mature one.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Can't see it. What song? I'm going to make a wild guess and say Bulls on Parade, but I've never listened to the song in full, so I don't know..
"Suck My Kiss" - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Censored Lyrics:

"Should of been, could of been
Would of been dead
If I didnt get the message
Goin to my head
I am what I am
Most mother****ers
Dont give a ****
Aw baby think you can
Be my girl, Ill be your man

Come-on full of fun
Do me till Im well done
Little bo peep
Cumin from my stan gun
Beware... take care
Most mother****ers
Have a cold *** stare
Aw baby please be there
Suck my kiss cut me my share"

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
What'd they do to censor it? If it's just beeps or blanks in the song, then yeah, that'll bother me.

If they actually replaced the word with something else, I don't mind at all.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
It blanks. :(

And you forgot Lo7 in your awesome people who can be beat me list. Pope and Priest don't even play that much anymore- at least pope doesn't.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Woohoo so close to full comboing everything on the experts, i'll upload my stuff in a little for you all to gasp and applaude... freakin Hanger18

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
It blanks. :(

And you forgot Lo7 in your awesome people who can be beat me list. Pope and Priest don't even play that much anymore- at least pope doesn't.
Ew. Blanks. =/

And keep in mind I put "etc." for a reason; I haven't visited ScoreHero in ages, so I have no idea who's on coming out on top right now. Pretty soon, however, my friend is moving in to my apartment and has working internet. In other words, won't be long before I can get back on ScoreHero again.

too bad you live in canada or i'd money match you :) in GH and in smash
Again, you'd probably take me to town on Smash, but when it comes to Guitar Hero, I AIN'T GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT.

Bring it. You, me, Guitar Hero III rivalry NAO. >=|

_kSo_

Smash Master
Again, you'd probably take me to town on Smash, but when it comes to Guitar Hero, I AIN'T GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT.

Bring it. You, me, Guitar Hero III rivalry NAO. >=|
Oh i'm sure you're better than a lot of people around here...I only have 1 person here who holds any sort of threat to me in tournament...

I think I'll update my scorehero with the most current scores soon and post them up here

also my youtube has a lot of old GHII vids if you want to see what I played like about 6 months ago before i even knew what squeezing was LOL

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I'd check out the vids, but -- as I've said before -- I can't watch YouTube on a college computer.

I try to squeeze when I can, but I don't berate myself if I don't get it. I only ever really care about it when the scores for one song are all ridiculously close together (*cough*YesWeCan*cough*); though even then I suck at it. I just make up for it with my awesome FCing skills.
I sure wish my PS2 hadn't died before I could crank out a Misirlou FC, though... =/

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Buying this and another guitar on the 29th. gonna be fun, im gonna play against my freind, she's real good.

BTW I'm getting the Wii version, I know the 360 has better online, but i don't have one, and idc about online since guitar hero is x10000 with other people in the same room.

Just like smash eh?

_kSo_

Smash Master
Eh, I'd check out the vids, but -- as I've said before -- I can't watch YouTube on a college computer.

I try to squeeze when I can, but I don't berate myself if I don't get it. I only ever really care about it when the scores for one song are all ridiculously close together (*cough*YesWeCan*cough*); though even then I suck at it. I just make up for it with my awesome FCing skills.
I sure wish my PS2 hadn't died before I could crank out a Misirlou FC, though... =/
god yes if i had my PS2 and the patience (lol) I'd probably be able to do it too. although i must admit my Six FC will probably come sooner than my Misirlou FC...lol

but yea once i actually figure out how to FC institutionalized, i'll be able to ascend to the next level of Guitar Hero

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Props to you if you do get Institutionalized FC, considering it's only been done by 8 other people.

I'm not very good at getting FC's on expert, I really enjoy the satisfaction of a near optimal score through great squeezing and time with the song. (Not to say you can't get that same feeling on expert, it's just too hard for me.)

My most impressive FC is probably a 6th place FC of BiM on hard. (GH80s). That one took me a while, since I'm not too great at solos, and I didn't feel the urge to learn to tap.

Here's my SH account: (GH80s Hard):

http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=21145&game=4&diff=3

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Judy Nails looks like such a ***** now. I really didn't realize it until playing the demo on the 360. The singer is really ugly too, along with Johnny Napalm, who now looks like a rapist instead of some innocent punk rocker.

The demo was great, though it doesn't feel quite the same as the other Guitar Hero games to me. The new art style and the new HUD also threw me off a little.

And wtf @ no screen bump while activating star power. It just turns everything blue and does the electricity ish on the sides. No bump!

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Institutionalized FCs are fun. Not that I ever got one, but I know I've hit evey section of that song at least once before. Same with Free Bird. Gawd, my PS2 died before all the fun FCs. >_<

And yes, Judy Nails does look like a ***** now. I have mixed feelings about that. Obviously it's distasteful, and she did look much better before. But on the other hand, I'm a man. The two sides conflict with each other.

Oh, and you've heard it right here, right now. I'm going to make a vain attempt to be the first person to FC Cliffs of Dover. Watch as I fail miserably.

Dhaka

Smash Cadet
GH 3 is gonna be really good no matter how you look at it. Sure the new artwork is a lot different, (different company = different style lol), but its all the same good stuff.

I'm gonna get the 360 version (I've already seen the boxes since I work at a Gamestop...meaning I might get mine early too =P) and I'll definately be playing online a good amount.

I guess the only thing to tie me over til I get it is attempting to beat Jordan on expert... (I would play the demo for GH3..but I 5-starred all of the songs on expert already). I hate Jordan so much... I always end up failing at 57-58%., scept 1 time I failed on the last note of that giant solo (60%). Oh well... I'll get it done before Sunday I hope.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Institutionalized FCs are fun. Not that I ever got one, but I know I've hit evey section of that song at least once before. Same with Free Bird. Gawd, my PS2 died before all the fun FCs. >_<

And yes, Judy Nails does look like a ***** now. I have mixed feelings about that. Obviously it's distasteful, and she did look much better before. But on the other hand, I'm a man. The two sides conflict with each other.

Oh, and you've heard it right here, right now. I'm going to make a vain attempt to be the first person to FC Cliffs of Dover. Watch as I fail miserably.

i need to practice the solos linking into solos

just like the freebird part where it goes from a four note run to just a 3 note...for some reason i always miss the FC by something stupid like that

Top Bottom