• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, KoF XII, SF4 discussion thread

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Trust me, you'll come back to it. Most Nu's online are terrible, I win with Tager against them.

Just block the first two however you like, the next two swords high and the sickle low. Then IAD at them and start your blockstrings. Most Nu's online don't know how to stop IAD and even more of them have no idea what to do when you're close range.

Sure, there are good Nu's that will make you want to break your controller...but they're few and far between. Waaaaaaay more Ragna/Jin/Noel D spam.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Sure, I'm a bit busy with uni during the week but friday/saturday afternoon/night could see me having some free time.

Then again, it might not. >.>

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

I love Jojo's. Broseph Brostar is my favourite but only because of Part 2 of the manga.

Sieg

Smash Champion
The only thing you might not get ***** at is Blazblue, because I haven't seen any Aussie's be good yet.

But from some of the combo vids I've seen, you'll get ***** in that too.

Don't even try to think about Melty Blood either.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
I dearly hope that people have gotten better at BB since release, saw some vids from a tourney in sydney and they were beyond terrible. >.<

But yeah, Tim, wanna accept my PSN invite? It's been sitting there for like 3 days now.

And providing that I go to rocky (which I'm planning on), I'm totally planning on winning Blazblue. And Accent Core, if there's a tournament for that.

THAT'S RIGHT I'M THROWING DOWN.

isthattim?

Smash Ace
I dearly hope that people have gotten better at BB since release, saw some vids from a tourney in sydney and they were beyond terrible. >.<

But yeah, Tim, wanna accept my PSN invite? It's been sitting there for like 3 days now.

And providing that I go to rocky (which I'm planning on), I'm totally planning on winning Blazblue. And Accent Core, if there's a tournament for that.

THAT'S RIGHT I'M THROWING DOWN.
yeah, haven't been on PSN in a while ay

and you aren't that good at AC tbh, i dont even know if it'll be on tho so i wouldn't worry too much about how bad your ABA is against a k-spamming slayer

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
I know I'm rubbish at AC. The problem is, I don't have anyone to play against to get better. -_-

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
4th in cw at bb

yuyehysuesheusheuhsuehsuyehsuyehsuhueyuseyh

watch my videos when they come up, magical nu redact

Sieg

Smash Champion
Throw down *****es, because I'm winning that BB tourney.

On another note, when I get it, who wants to practice endlessly with me? XD.

Who do you guys play?

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking that maybe my friends and I just hadn't learnt the new techniques enough in SF4 and thats why it wasn't super awesome, oh well, the intro's pretty nifty.

I too have a fighting stick 3, but only got it for my friends to use, most of my KoF training was done on a keyboard anyway. =/

BB & KoFXII will be where my attention is going.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Ah XII. I need to get that.

I'm maining Rachel atm, but that might change when I get the actual game.

We'll see.

Vampire loli is the best kind of loli.

isthattim?

Smash Ace
I was thinking that maybe my friends and I just hadn't learnt the new techniques enough in SF4 and thats why it wasn't super awesome, oh well, the intro's pretty nifty.

I too have a fighting stick 3, but only got it for my friends to use, most of my KoF training was done on a keyboard anyway. =/

BB & KoFXII will be where my attention is going.
i still haven't unwrapped my copy of KoF XII ay
too busy for video games :(

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Sieg baby, you know I'll fight you endlessly.

When I have time to.

So, I'll fight you all the time, 40% of the time.

Oh, and I play Iron Mother****ing Tager.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Everyone plays Tager!

Usually I'd be annoyed at this, being a Zangief character.

But he's not Zangief.

HE'S ****ING SOVIET TAGER.

Pro, should be getting it soon man.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Saw your vids redact.

Loved the first round vs FR's Litchi (The one on arakune's stage). :laugh:

Hype Nu dittos with lucia too.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Link vids?

EDIT: Found them.

Even though you're playing lol Nu, I'll commend you, those were some good fights man.

Who was that guy in the background that kept calling that it was over as soon as you got him though?

That guy was ****ing annoying.

Once I get BB I'd love to practice with you.

Litchi was good, but was too easy to read.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I thought the Litchi's were fairly average. i.e. They were dropping combos left and right, and I never saw any real corner pressure/mixup, was pretty loose and sloppy. But maybe it was just tournament pressure and they can get it normally.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's what I meant.

I mean, maybe if those comboes did something like chip huge or knockback a ****load.

I know that breaking guard is always an idea with block strings but you guys barrier break like nobodys business lol.

Needs more mindgaems.

Crossovers were nice. Didn't even think this game had crossovers lol.

isthattim?

Smash Ace
whoever was the rachel player owned one game and then got majorly psyched out against that noel with crazy good mindgames
that ragna was pretty amazing too
melbourne owns fighting games it seems

anyways, tentative DIY schedule has been released, i know what i'll be doing during brawl singles :) :bee: :laugh:

Sieg

Smash Champion
I hope to prove you wrong on that "owns fighting games" statement.

But I dunno if I'll be able to lol.

I plan to mass practice atleast, so we'll see how we go.

I've got the matchup experience, just need the technical skill lol.

What would you be doing? lol. I might join in on it.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I like it.

I'm pretty proud of my SC4 skills, I once made my pro SC2 friend say in rage that "His block button wasn't working"

GGAC though, I'll have to rely on my BB skills to actually try that.

I'll come join though, **** playing Bawl lol.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
they were actually 2 different litchis, one was about 10000x better than the other, but if your saying anything about dropping combos, try do GOOD combos against GOOD players consistantly

never happens in tourneys apart from the heaps simple combos

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
o.O

Fighting good players has nothing to do with doing good combos. There were -numerous- times when the Litchi would mess up the 623D > 6C timing in combos, and virutally never managed to combo off 3C, [D], ]D[.

Once you land that initial 5B, providing you're close enough (which he was, on several occasions), hitting the combo from there is all about your tech skill and has nothing to do with how good your opponent is.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I'd have to agree.

This game is all about massive comboes compared to say SF4.

If you can't combo properly against someone it means that your own tech skill sucks ***.

Litchi just didn't take the oppurtunities he had. Not that I'm saying he was bad.

Top Bottom