• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, KoF XII, SF4 discussion thread

isthattim?

Smash Ace
o.O

Fighting good players has nothing to do with doing good combos. There were -numerous- times when the Litchi would mess up the 623D > 6C timing in combos, and virutally never managed to combo off 3C, [D], ]D[.

Once you land that initial 5B, providing you're close enough (which he was, on several occasions), hitting the combo from there is all about your tech skill and has nothing to do with how good your opponent is.
didnt you get the bulletin, BB has DI since the last patch

Sieg

Smash Champion
Your package will be sent by PayPal Postage with US Postal Service.

Took him a whole week just to send the god**** game.

I'm missing out on serious training time here.

GOD**** AMERICANS. STOP BEING SO LAZY.

SEND MY GAMES FASTER.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
o.O

Fighting good players has nothing to do with doing good combos. There were -numerous- times when the Litchi would mess up the 623D > 6C timing in combos, and virutally never managed to combo off 3C, [D], ]D[.

Once you land that initial 5B, providing you're close enough (which he was, on several occasions), hitting the combo from there is all about your tech skill and has nothing to do with how good your opponent is.
uhm you realise if he simply inputs the combo on end, its EXTREMELY easy to punish, so he has to hit confirm his combo, but unfortunatly, the follow up has to be put in like in less than 15 frames, which is pretty much un-reactable

im not saying its hard to pull off combos, but im saying you need to hit confirm combos, and hit confirming to an input thats less than 20f is pretty hard

Sieg

Smash Champion
It's tough learning to hit confirm lol. Especially in a game like Blazblue I'll admit.

Compared to say SF4 which is a bit easier.

But there are other things you can do when you hit confirm. If all you're getting is a block, go for a grab etc.

Mixups son.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Lol. It's ok. You'll get used to it, it's better in the long run.

So, we had a mini tournament the other day for SF4. Only had one stick, so I got to the finals playing a really good Bison with a pad. Took it down to the 5th round, but I still won. I felt pretty ****ing proud.

With enough practice, playing pad can be just as rewarding as playing a stick. Not that I want to play pad all the time lol.

I'll play with you once I get my game man, should be sometime next week.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
If by 'this game' you mean Blazblue, then yes, and you should get it checked out by a doctor immediately. Not liking blazblue is usually a sign of like....something wrong. >.>

Sieg

Smash Champion
Not liking Blazblue shows signs of Turtleitis.

It's a horrible condition.

You play Guile, or Remy, or any other hold based wants you to jump character.

And you sit in a corner and camp ****.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
sticks not better in the long run, its all preference in the end
or pads just better for Australians at least, there isnt anyone who uses stick here who is actually good at the game lol
this includes all of cw like feri and sat

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
If they used strict rules at tourneys (which I assumed they don't) and disallowed button macro mappings, I think pad usage would go down. Unless people decide to map half the regular buttons to shoulder buttons, then I guess it's doable, but.....eh, mashing 4 face buttons to burst is fail. >.<

Sieg

Smash Champion
Alot of tournaments to ban pads actually, and there are some strict rules on macro mapping that's up to the user.

Also theres the fact that unless you're in Japan you can't really go to an arcade and plug in your pad.

It'll be here soon Tim, then I can play you.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
im learning stick just to stomp people at the arcade, yes box hill (where i live) is getting a blazblue cabinet (:

cept its been stuck in customs for like 4 weeks now....

Sieg

Smash Champion
That's pretty good lol. It's pretty rare these days to see good arcades around Aus. But lucky you live near Box Hill, that's one of the best.

Our arcade up here in Bris is pretty nice, we've got IDv5 and KoFXII, but I wish we'd get Blazblue lol.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
id? if you mean that dj game im pretty sure we have the newest one
and we have a game like ouendan, like touch screen with the beat, pretty sick

the arcade here is like the best in melb and prob aus for like everything apart from ddr, which is a let down

well technically its got the newest ddr, but that doesnt mean the best q_q

Sieg

Smash Champion
Nah, Initial D Ver 5. It's the international version so we can't even play online even if we had a good connection and someone else had it lol. Can't customize charas etc. No win ratios either, only win counts.

Yeah, I'd love to go to Box Hill one day, apparently have mad MT3 players down there.

Sieg

Smash Champion
FINALLY HERE.

****ING FINALLY.

Siegfried000

Everyone who wants to play tonight should be on lest I hit you really hard.

EDIT: Dammit BUMP.

Sieg

Smash Champion
So has anyone checked out Cont Shift?

It's looking pretty nice. Some of the nerfs/buffs sound a bit stupid though.

Thoughts?

isthattim?

Smash Ace
It's the next version of BB.

Two new charas, one of them being Tsubaki. Other prolly Terumi or Hazama.

The location test was this weekend in Japan, and from what I've seen, it's gonna be great.

I'm hoping some of the changes are just loc testing and not final though lol.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7398
sounds like tagers gotten better, i dont know about arakune's new bug system tho, might be better might be worse

will probs be another 9-12 months before it comes out though

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, but that's just location test.

I'm hoping they've just put everything out there, so they can see what is good and bad, then go back and retool it.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what you're talking about Sieg, the Tager changes look PWN so far.

Like....he can actually do oki, ala potemkin, with rocket finger...and 3C is actually useful...and vacuums...and AC is an anti air..........*GLEE*

Magnetism duration is getting a heavy nerf, but like...who cares with all this other magical stuff.

Also, lol, his guard primer goes all the way to 11.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Lol, they've buffed him, nerfed everyones damage EXCEPT FOR HIS.

Now he's faster and does the same amount of damage.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I'm more worried about the horrible Rachel nerfs.

I'm pretty interested in Tsubaki though, I've wanted to play her ever since I saw her.

I was like, one day. She'll be a chara, and I'll play her.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
I've heard Tager's 360A does less damage now...it's hard to know what to believe though.

It's funny though, with Tsubaki, I was like "A multi-hit beginner friendly char? ugh..." Then afterwards I was like...."Hmm...drive makes special moves better.....HOLY CRAP SHE'S ORDER SOL". And so now I'm gonna play her and junk.

Edit: I'm up for some games for the next few hours if you wanna play sieg.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't get it...the intro screen to the stage makes it look like there's no lag at all, it plays fine most of the time....and then just spikes into laggitude for no reason. -_-

Sieg

Smash Champion
Nah, the last match was good Iso, I was just tired and already pissed off and getting owned by your Tager lol.

I don't really hate you either.

I'd love to play you again tonight if you're up for it. It's good to actually have someone to practice against atleast.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
play against the cw people, theyre always online and willing to play on psn lol

on mergo
#couchwarriors

warning: niflheim uses action replay

Sieg

Smash Champion
Whats Mergo?

Also everyone heard about Super SF4 right?

DJ, THawk and a new Kim rip off in Juri are released charas so far.

Juri is hot. and works under Seth at SIN.

Also I'm going to play her.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I've played him in SF4 as well.

He's simply amazing. Apparently the #2 or #3 ranked SF4 in Australia.

His joke character Cammy is pure magic
if you think hes good, either melbourne standards are amazing, or your standard is low, niflheim doesnt even place top 8 at cw as far as i know

also mergo is an irc network
irc.mergo.net

also toxy is a machine, just like never loses with akuma or sagat lol

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Humanbomb plays Ryu, I think.

But yeah, if you're up for games Sieg I'm happy to play, I really don't mind the lag, it's actually on par or at times better than an average random match, and even when it's bad....I just like playing real people. (That being said, I think I've got some time free wed/thurs night, and fri morn till like 2)

But I don't wanna add cw people, not yet. Need to keep my bag of tricks a secret till rocky. >.>

But wait a minute.....T HAWK IN SF4 AW YEAH. Even though I don't play it anymore.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, my internet's been shaped, so I'll try playing online...but chances are it ain't gonna happen till my new internet month starts. See how we go.

Top Bottom