• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to Meteor Smashes in Brawl

edddddie

Smash Cadet
Okay sorry to bump this thread, but I main Wolf and I've been trying to spike with fair for a while now and I can't get it to work. Is there a video or a thread in the Wolf forums I can go to because I can't figure it out.

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
today i am playing sheik right against the comp Peach right. so peach grabbed the ledged and i used sheiks down smash the sent diagnolly downard to obvilion.

I'm wondering does that count as a spike? since it did sent her downward killing her

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Wolf's Fair spikes people, but it's really rare. I've only gotten it like twice. There's a thread on the Wolf boards about it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
After Killing a Lucas HILARIOUSLY in this way.. I discovered that, if you DI out of the bottom of it, Zelda's Usmash WILL spike you... just Like Sonic's

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
hey they miseed something
say marth or gaw is underneath opponent and he is hanging on the edge. if u use ur up b at an ange the opponent falls and u take his place

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Lucas' bair also spikes meteors (GAWD) at the beginning of the kick.

You would think the spike would be in the middle, when his foot is traveling, you know, straight down - but apparently that's the one place it doesn't.

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
I wonder when they will update the list...

Is it current (except Bowser of course)

Also, I found a Sonic homing spike. Vid to come soon.

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
FYI falco's upair can spike, it's in the last few frams while one of the feet are facing down. I'll have more info in a few weeks, im in london and dont have access to brawl.

Cubes

Smash Cadet
I want to point something out that deserves clarification. Marth's over-B can be tippered/sweetspotted, so when you say that the 3rd strike downward spikes, is that tippered, not tippered, or both? Otherwise a nice list and explanation.

D

Deleted member

when you stand close to the edge of a stage with marth and the opponent is hanging on the ledge and their invincible frames wear off you can use up smash and Marth's foot does a semi spike.

Also I think you can use Bowsers down air if the tip of his shell hits to do an extremely weak spike

Browny

Smash Hater
So i saw something weird today

playinh as lucario, wolf was jumping directly over me, airdodged into the ground but he used it too early and came out of the airdodge into my ftilt, which proceeded to slam him into the floor, just like what happens if you get spiked over the stage. If this sounds strange enough ill get a video up.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
hey...

think this could be considered a semi spike

wolf's neutral b (the part that spikes is the gun's blade at th ebeginning of the attack, not the bullet)

care to test?

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice
wolf's fair can spike as well, check the wolf forums (sorry i dont have a link for you)

G&W's down B can be a semi spike (the pan part)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
also if the opponent is hanging from the Ledge and you hit them coming from the opposite direction they will get Spiked....i believe that Should be for most characters to.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Toon Link's dash attack is a semi-spike. You can check it out by having the opponent stand near the edge with a high percent damage. They'll slide off the edge and drop down at about a 45 degree angle.

Luminary

Smash Rookie
I think Charizard's ^B is a Meteor Smash. It at least sends the opponent directly downwards. I checked a couple places, and nothing is mentioned about this, so I went ahead and posted it. Sorry if I'm just rehashing something that's already been clarified...

I hit my opponent with Charizard's foot on the opening frames of the ^B, and they were sent directly downwards. Every time I've tried to duplicate this, I've failed, but it's happened twice by fluke. I was able to save videos of both these matches onto my Wii, but I have no way of uploading them to the internet. It might be something to check out, though.

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
I've seen Sonic's spring meteor smash when they're on the ledge
I get the feeling this was a stage spike.......

what is this teching i keep hearing about??
Press a shield button right before hitting the wall or platform when sent flying and you'll lose all momemtum. Unless you're at too high a percentage like 250ish. There's more but you should use the search button and look for the thread.

Top Bottom