• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guess whose gonna be Daddy?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
yes, so your first pick is right. a friend made a sincere request, so, i'm going to grant her wish become a surrogate/biological father. within 5 years though.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
lol, yeah it's an honour my **** is in demand.

my youngest sister is also going to have two kids with her partner via IVF, but through an aynonomous donor. it means that cao's next generation is going to be very... unconventional!

amazing times ahead :)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
That's exciting <3

Richard's question is valid... Although how could you not be a part of your child's life?

:D :D :D

:phone:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I will get to be a part of the child's life, although it's going to be a long-distance relationship type of deal and realistically, I won't be the primary guardian. My friend told me I'll get out of it as much as I'm able to put in, so that makes me squeee. <3

I should actually copy/paste what i've written in the BRoom earlier:

"So I've agreed to go ahead and become a surrogate father for my friend in Singapore within 5 years. I'm meeting her parents for dinner next month, in some kind of unconventional 'in-laws interview' and I've been told they can't wait.

Part of my motives for agreeing to this lie in the fact I do want some form of hereditary continuity, but doing it for that reason alone is selfish. I'm really doing it because I get to give mother a family, and the child's life will be an excellent one.

Also, I'm not barred from becoming a part of its life (which is different from more common cases of anonymous donors). My sister was thrilled to hear of this, actually. She's a lesbian, and she's been with her girl for 4 years. They want to settle even sooner, with 2 IVF-conceived kids within 2 years. Understandably, she loved the prospect of having a family-oriented lesbian-mother support group.

Richard7

Smash Ace
I will get to be a part of the child's life, although it's going to be a long-distance relationship type of deal and realistically, I won't be the primary guardian. My friend told me I'll get out of it as much as I'm able to put in, so that makes me squeee. <3

I should actually copy/paste what i've written in the BRoom earlier:

"So I've agreed to go ahead and become a surrogate father for my friend in Singapore within 5 years. I'm meeting her parents for dinner next month, in some kind of unconventional 'in-laws interview' and I've been told they can't wait.

Part of my motives for agreeing to this lie in the fact I do want some form of hereditary continuity, but doing it for that reason alone is selfish. I'm really doing it because I get to give mother a family, and the child's life will be an excellent one.

Also, I'm not barred from becoming a part of its life (which is different from more common cases of anonymous donors). My sister was thrilled to hear of this, actually. She's a lesbian, and she's been with her girl for 4 years. They want to settle even sooner, with 2 IVF-conceived kids within 2 years. Understandably, she loved the prospect of having a family-oriented lesbian-mother support group.

I'm surprised you're so open about all this, so while you are... (thats a joke, if you don't want to answer the following question, I'm completely fine with that)

Are you going to tell the child the situation one day when it's old enough?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
that's the idea. as for the tact in doing so, it's something to be discussed more seriously later on, although ideally, i'd like the situation to be out in the open from day one.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Congrats. That's quite a decision to make and I've no doubt that you'll handle it well enough.

An amusing coincidence, I watched the pilot for 'The L Word' not too long ago with my girlfriend's brother and one of the main story arcs is the lengths to which a pair of women were willing to go to find a donor.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Congratulations Cao! This kid's lucky to have such a good gene pool to choose from! All the best with it.

Alzi

Smash Master
If the child ever wonders why it is so damn smart at life and successful and gets to travel the whole world then that is the time you come in and be like "*insert child's name* I am your father."

SethT

Smash Ace
Wow, sounds like an amazing experience to be able to go through.

Conrgats, and I wish you the best of luck :]

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Congratulations, man! The closest I've ever come to anything like that is being an uncle, and even when I first heard about that I completely freaked out and screamed, "But i'm not READY TO BE AN UNCLE!!!!!"

But having a niece has made my life even more wonderful, so it's ok. ^^

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, be excited, because it only gets better ;)

Top Bottom