• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GTA smash players - we have no place for casuals, lets play wifi

Mikey7

Smash Lord
yeah, long story short: i like smash too much so ive decided to come back and play again

problem: we have no spot for casuals

solution: add me on wifi

leave your info here and just ask me

ANYONE - new poeple, old people, doesnt matter. if i cant offer my house for casuals, least i can do is play with everyone on wifi

edit:
aim: m1keey7777

GTA FRIEND CODE LIST:

Mikey - 5284-1120-1866
SRTM - 0688-4968-9804
Avarice - 1075-0433-0869
Inle - 0473-9585-0498
Skyler - 4040-1040-4093
jpak - 0002-6185-2863
ryu553 - 1549-1008-6849
raidos - 5112 3421 1328
dinner - 2878-9257-8140
yuuki - 3566-7184-2813
bob saget - 3909-7339-3947

Gichan

Smash Champion
LOLOLOLOL

get THE **** OUT man lololol. Yo I said let's ask zeph for casuals, if you're going to play wifi at least go on aib and ****.

And don't drop that mother****ing sf please.

nickcam

Smash Ace
LOLOLOLOL

get THE **** OUT man lololol. Yo I said let's ask zeph for casuals, if you're going to play wifi at least go on aib and ****.

And don't drop that mother****ing sf please.
gi why u such a scrub bro. This game is dead, stop trying to revive this crap.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I'm only planning on playing at casuals, **** reviving the scene it takes waaayy too much work just for scrubs to disappear after one tourney because they got *****. I know the game is easy but why do people think you should be auto-good from the start. Mikey can do the job now.

Sanu

Smash Champion
wow can't believe how little conviction the ontario brawl scene has and had, kind of disappointing

ontario melee will never die

Gichan

Smash Champion
**** dude trust me you don't understand how weak new players can be. Only like one person wants to host tournies at a time, players constantly quit and come back when they forget how broken mk can be and don't want to learn how to deal with him. Then the scene becomes waay too small and tournies have like 10 people. It's quite pathetic and yes I was just thinking how does melee scene not die but brawl does when it is only flourishing in usa. I guess melee is just too good, oh well.

Sanu

Smash Champion
:/ i feel for you man, i'd hate to be in the position you're in

you love the game so much, especially competitively, but there's no one who wants to really play it seriously. sucks ****

Tin Man

Smash Hero
**** dude trust me you don't understand how weak new players can be. Only like one person wants to host tournies at a time, players constantly quit and come back when they forget how broken mk can be and don't want to learn how to deal with him. Then the scene becomes waay too small and tournies have like 10 people. It's quite pathetic and yes I was just thinking how does melee scene not die but brawl does when it is only flourishing in usa. I guess melee is just too good, oh well.
The issue could also be defendant on the personalities of the people in this scene.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I see no problem with the attitude of players. A lot of us are very welcoming and most of our top players give time to new players in casuals.

an issue though is that our top players do not give out enough advice, if any at all. I remember Carter posting that when he went to snes.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
That, and also the fact that new players who quit when they get *****. That's a problem with their attitude/personality. Perhaps newbies in US don't quit when they get beat up.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I think another thing is that not only is our community super small, but it's overrun with MKs.

That's a recipe for disaster >_>

Hype

Smash Lord
an issue though is that our top players do not give out enough advice, if any at all. I remember Carter posting that when he went to snes.
It's cuz there's no incentive to, there's incentive not to tell people their habbits. Also, some people don't want advice and just get annoyed when you tell them what they did wrong.

I'll give people advice, but usually only if they ask for it.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
yeah i give advice when asked to, if you just give it like without warning people might get offended

anyway back on topic

is this really it -_- me, avarice, srtm?

someone should host casuals or just put ur wifi codes down guys

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
As for the advice thing, consider this my green light for anyone to give me advice when I play them =)

I didn't even feel like our scene was dying that much, it's been ages since we had a tourney though.... I'd gladly be hosting them if I wasn't a 3-hour drive away from everyone =/.

And Hype the incentive to give people advice to make the region stronger as a whole is in preparing yourself for traveling to other regions with better competition. It just doesn't matter to most of the people in this region now since so few people travel for Brawl. Only 2 (Joe and Raidos) of our ranked players went to Apex =/. Meanwhile 6 (RaynEX, Unknown, IB, Sanuzi, Zen, Guru) of Ontario's best Melee players went to Apex.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
It's cuz there's no incentive to, there's incentive not to tell people their habbits. Also, some people don't want advice and just get annoyed when you tell them what they did wrong.

I'll give people advice, but usually only if they ask for it.
yeah i give advice when asked to, if you just give it like without warning people might get offended

anyway back on topic

is this really it -_- me, avarice, srtm?

someone should host casuals or just put ur wifi codes down guys
Thanks for everything yall taught me in the past, was really effective :)

As for the advice thing, consider this my green light for anyone to give me advice when I play them =)

I didn't even feel like our scene was dying that much, it's been ages since we had a tourney though.... I'd gladly be hosting them if I wasn't a 3-hour drive away from everyone =/.

And Hype the incentive to give people advice to make the region stronger as a whole is in preparing yourself for traveling to other regions with better competition. It just doesn't matter to most of the people in this region now since so few people travel for Brawl. Only 2 (Joe and Raidos) of our ranked players went to Apex =/. Meanwhile 6 (RaynEX, Unknown, IB, Sanuzi, Zen, Guru) of Ontario's best Melee players went to Apex.
Well its not like everyone who didn't go didn't want to go =/

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I see no difference between not going and not wanting to go. Apex was announced ages ago. I started saving money and looking into like 4 modes of transportation immediately after it was announced. No johns imo.

Sanu

Smash Champion
lie to them then, plain and simple

my parents have no idea that i've been to like 6 OOC tournies, man up tinaye haha

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Parents or not, that's still just you wanting not to upset your parents more than wanting to go to the tourney. It's not that you literally couldn't go, just that you wanted something else more, and I can respect that, but you still can't say you couldn't go =p

Tin Man

Smash Hero
lie to them then, plain and simple

my parents have no idea that i've been to like 6 OOC tournies, man up tinaye haha
give me some examples of some lies I could use to get me out of the house for 4-5 days. I'd really appreciate it.

Parents or not, that's still just you wanting not to upset your parents more than wanting to go to the tourney. It's not that you literally couldn't go, just that you wanted something else more, and I can respect that, but you still can't say you couldn't go =p
Ok you win. U are right, I weighed the pros & cons and decided not to go. I could have gone but when I get back home, the door would be locked and my stuff would be outside. Considering this, I would have still been able to go, but chose not to.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
4-5 days is probably too much. For a tourny in NY or something, you could definitely lie to cover that weekend only. I've done it so many times lol

Anth0ny

Smash Master
defensive, but all I did was ask u for lies...
To get to Pound 5, I'm gonna tell the parents that I was invited to a cottage for the weekend. Specifically, a girl's cottage.

Mentioning girls to parents, coupled with the fact that I've never had a relationship in my life= GREAT SUCCESS :laugh:

>__________________________________>

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I could try that, maybe... would probably be a no tho, the friends My parents know well, they have the home phone numbers (which means calling parents) and if i bring up another friend, I wont be able to go because of them not knowing them well.

Top Bottom