• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Group Writing Project

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Part of me doesn't want this to be viewed as a competition, but the other part believes that that will drive my desire to drop rad text on this *****

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Threads are up! Do you guys want to talk to each other and decide who will start or would you rather I randomize it?

Eager to write.Lets start this..
You're a little too late! Stick around though, we might need a replacement!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Randomize it for me Glyph baby. I dunno about anybody else.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Oh, sorry about that! You'll replace the adbot then, and we can make a new group with one of the replacements if they would like.

Randomizing starting people now since it seems that most people are for that

EDIT: Everything's ready to go! If you're a lead person, get your first bit in ASAP! This thread will remain open for any questions you guys might have.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I received a PM but it was unclear and didn't specify in clear language whether or not I was a starter. I demand my money back :mad:

edit: just saw that you edited the thread titles. I still want my money back, though.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
IT WAS IN THE THREAD TITLES BEFORE THE PMs WERE SENT OUT

YOU WILL BE CHARGED DOUBLE INSTEAD

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
That's actually up to him.

Or her.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I swear to the gods of Kobol that mystery guest better not be He Who Must Not Be Named.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
*gunshot*

And they're off! The race has begun! But not really because it's not a race! And quality is more important than speed! And there's technically no finish line! But ignore all that, because I rather like the gunshot/race metaphor!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Jam's and G Life's was, as I expected, the one to watch.

But sweet mother of **** did I ever not expect it to be awesome in the way that it is hahaha

you got this jam

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
It's very interesting to me how many of the stories share similar elements (cigarettes, knives, ships on the ocean, strange meetings, etc.), and that most of them are very dark and violent. It reminds me of something my playwriting professor said to our class: when you turn off your self-censor while writing, eventually you'll turn towards the violent, sexual or obscene. I think having to write on the fly without planning (that is, writing in response to your partner) has the effect of turning off that self-censor.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I'd say those elements are the most imaginative(?) as they put forward the more darker aspects of humanity as whole, the one the reader, or writer hardly comes in contact with. It's what you become most creative with.

Also, because they are the things that is condemned in real life, it makes it only sweeter to write fiction about it. Forbidden fruit and all!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Not that there can't be solid and great fiction and literature that works within the self-censor. But I agree with Jimbo to some extent; my own writing tends to be rather dark and even cynical in both subject matter and theme, just because that's what I find evocative and like to explore. Plus, hey, you can still explore hopeful tones in the darkest of places.

And heh, Jambino, you forgot another very common theme with this shindig -- implicit (or otherwise) threats. I'm also super impressed by how you rebounded from Glyph's curveball quite deftly. I'll be interested in where G Life takes it on his next go, and also the ultimate fate of Tahira.

also congrats to the both of you on writing a "weird and/or uncanny love story" type thing that doesn't fall into Twilight-esque banality and superficiality. Not that I'd expect either of you to do so, but, you know. It's hard to avoid.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I don't know what all of you guys are talking about. My introductory post was the perfect setup for a lighthearted romp about a group of happy-go-lucky unicorns searching all of Candyland for the best tasting chocolate they could find. Of course, EE had to go ruin it with some nonsense about threats and shadowy figures, but I digress...

But in all seriousness, I have to agree with most of what EE said, particularly this:
Plus, hey, you can still explore hopeful tones in the darkest of places.
My writing in general tends to have dark overtones, though I have written more upbeat stuff (and rather like doing so), but ultimately a bleaker setting allows for stronger contrasts, and meaningful portrayals of hope/optimism in the face of adversity.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
A lot of interesting things going on. Looking forward to Sold2/Macman most at the moment. Wondering where Ryker/Juicy will take their setting. Good stuff overall.
Dat time sink

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'm trying to avoid reading any of the other ones until they reach 10 posts long or so, but I'm really excited about this. I don't want this to end because I enjoy writing this story but at the same time I can't wait for this to end so I can talk about it :v.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Enjoying several so far, and anxious to see where they go.

Best line out of any so far definitely goes to Derp:
haha, ;)

FUUU- just about had my next submission finished when I accidentally hit the |X| button on the tab
goddamnit

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Sorry, Juicy, I've been four hours away from home chilling with my brother. I'll be home tonight and I'll get going again either tonight or tomorrow.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Bout to be gettin all sorts of prods out on these fools who aren't posting

Top Bottom