• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ground Bound Jiggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metatitan

Smash Master
This thread is dedicated to showing that ground bound jiggs DOES NOT WORK! I keep seeing stuff from people saying she has a great ground game when its in reality terrible. Her smashes (aside from DACUS) are very situational, her tilts are as situational and they just have horrible range and power (although utilt is pretty nice). Her only ground game is dacus and shield approaching TBH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRuFg5N66uE&feature=channel_page

That's my jiggs and thats about as ground bound as u can be and still be successful. Sry guys (mainly rhed and woody) but a ground based playstyle for jiggs just doesn't work.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Agreed. Ground-bound Jiggs fails.

Where's the entertainment value?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
This should be your ground game:

Grab whoring. More grab whoring. Then more grab whoring. And a little DACUS, dash attack, U-tilt, F-smash and U-smash. The rest is pretty much worthless.

Metatitan

Smash Master
This should be your ground game:

Grab whoring. More grab whoring. Then more grab whoring. And a little DACUS, dash attack, U-tilt, F-smash and U-smash. The rest is pretty much worthless.
I use DACUS a lot but thats part of my own unique style. And rest is never worthless, although i know thats not what u meant ;o

MrEh

Smash Hero
Ground Jiggs is a Jiggs that uses her Jabs and Tilts more then her aerials.

Imagine Jiggs in a Bowser costume, if you will. :/

Metatitan

Smash Master
She never had a good ground game in Melee. :|
i recall a usmash that could juggle, a utilt that could combo into an instant death rest, a not worthless d tilt, a jab that could combo into rest (if they are laying down, which u can make them) and an extremely powerful f smash. totally horrible ground game right there. but now its all gone :(

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
i recall a usmash that could juggle, a utilt that could combo into an instant death rest, a not worthless d tilt, a jab that could combo into rest (if they are laying down, which u can make them) and an extremely powerful f smash. totally horrible ground game right there. but now its all gone :(
...What? Good ground game =/= Good ground moves. You never played Melee competitively , sorry. You're not fooling anyone. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom