• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja's Moveset

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
We can pretty much confirm this as Neutral Air now.

Also, another shot of his grab:

Also, an additional Taunt?

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
I wonder if his down throw will be an Izuna Drop?

Also we can now confirm the Side-B is Shadow Sneak.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Also, an additional Taunt?

I feel this is worth noting, but that pose is the same one made before they showed off his Final Smash Ragnarok Night Slash. In the video he jumps out of it while in it though, so I kind of think it might be an idle pose frame than a Taunt, but it could be either really.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I feel this is worth noting, but that pose is the same one made before they showed off his Final Smash Ragnarok Night Slash. In the video he jumps out of it while in it though, so I kind of think it might be an idle pose frame than a Taunt, but it could be either really.
Huh, I suppose it could be a bored animation. That makes sense since everyone else in the pic appears to be Idling.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I wonder if his down throw will be an Izuna Drop?

As a Ryu Hayabusa main in the Dead or Alive series, if Greninja gets an Izuna in any form I will cry.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589

Down Smash I believe
I thought that may have been Down Air hitting the ground, but looking closer it seems like it may be another attack.
Seems sort of lame for Greninja's Down Smash, though. I was expecting water effects at least.

Neo Zero

Down Air extends the legs much farther down and has no use of his arm at any point from what we've seen. Granted we havent seen it hit the ground yet, but it seems more likely to be another move, and Down Smash is one of the few A moves we haven't seen.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Eh, I'd prefer it be his Down Air. He doesn't seem like the type for a shockwave Down Smash - he's not quite heavy enough. But maybe there are water effects that dissipated already.

Neo Zero

Perhaps it's his Up B. The Pose is similar....of course I have no idea where the water is lol.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That's NOT an Izuna drop. An Izuna drop is more like what MK/Kirby do.
Still, a throw is very feasible (Fthrow or Dthrow, I don't remember if any was already revealed).

Ageha Mist

Smash Rookie
Greninjas Bair may be like Marths Bair, where after he does it he flips the other way. This may be why people thought it was Nair

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Seriously guys his Up Special has to be Hydro Pump. That is not Aqua Jet at all.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
That's NOT an Izuna drop. An Izuna drop is more like what MK/Kirby do.
Still, a throw is very feasible (Fthrow or Dthrow, I don't remember if any was already revealed).
It looks like an izuna drop to me, just the very tail end where the foe/victim is slammed into the ground while the ninja jumps/flips away.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Does it really matter what we call it?
A rose by any other name, after all.
Yes.
Because it would follow anime logic and the anime does some pretty neat stuff with moves that you do not initially expect them to do.

Such as PROPELLING YOURSELF INTO THE AIR USING HYDRO PUMP!!

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Don't know if this was brought up yet, but the water shuriken slams down Bowser in the trailer after it hits him a few times. It must smack down people then. :4greninja:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Don't know if this was brought up yet, but the water shuriken slams down Bowser in the trailer after it hits him a few times. It must smack down people then. :4greninja:
Yeah, someone posted a gif of it a page or two back. It seems that the final hit slams Bowser down. So it may have to be fully charged to gain the meteor effect.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I think the reason Bowser was floored at the end of Water Shuriken was because of wall bounce. The attack carried him all the way to the ropes. He got carried into a wall and was floored.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I hope water shuriken doesn't meteor since that means it's a:
Chargeable projectile
Multiple hits which allow you to hit multiple people
Meteor effect so the small hits could carry them offstage then get meteored.
It sounds to op with a meteor

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I think the reason Bowser was floored at the end of Water Shuriken was because of wall bounce. The attack carried him all the way to the ropes. He got carried into a wall and was floored.
Yeah, that makes a lot more sense.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
That actually seems to be the more reasonable case. Hey, it does push people back so that's pretty good. :grin:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
anime logic
Oxymorons are fun.

Ah, there it is. I thought it seemed weird an not very Smash-like to have a projectile meteor at the end. As much as I would enjoy a meteor on this move, a wall bounce seems like the most likely explanation.

Still, can't be sure though...

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
My reply there didn't really have anything to do with your main point.

Or anything at all, for that matter.

Ageha Mist

Smash Rookie
His back air is preforming three quick kicks. It's main purpose appears to be used for combos.
I dont doubt this, I was just saying before that the reason some people may have thought his Bair was his Nair was due to the fact that it looked like Greninja was facing the opponent after executing the move. But that doesnt disprove that it was Greninjas Bair because Marths Bair has the property of flipping the other way after being executed.

Not that this matters anymore, as it seems pretty obvious that the water pulse thing is his Nair haha.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
That actually seems to be the more reasonable case. Hey, it does push people back so that's pretty good. :grin:
... No, it isn't. Water Shuriken:

a) Has no KO potential
b) Is a multi-hitting move, which means it can be SDI'd out of
c) Carrying people away prevents follow-ups/set-ups. You want a projectile with hitstun to keep them close so you can follow up with something.

That said ...

a) It still seems like it can carry people, and MAY have negative SDI multipliers to make it more effective. As such, using it to carry people offstage and put them in a bad i.e. edge-guard situation seems useful.
b) Greninja seems to have insane speed and mobility so he can probably get a follow-up off Water Shuriken anyway, depending on the distance thrown and amount of hitstun suffered as well as if the move can or cannot be easily SDI'd.
c) There is a chance that Water Shuriken does not disappear when it hits a shield and all of its multiple hits strike, which would give it good shield-stun and probably let Greninja get a grab out of it easy.

It's probably not a bad projectile, but what we know of it for now has me skeptical. I just wanted to convey that the "carry away" property is not inherently useful :p

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
At least a multi-hit projectile is different as we don't have many.It probably can't be SDI'd out of(I hope).

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

Down Smash I believe

Forward Roll
The one that you say could be Down Smash might in fact be Dark Pulse, from Pokemon. Whether or not it's Down Smash or Down Tilt or a B move... I'll leave that to you guys.

If I'm right, I find it fitting, since Greninja is a Dark type, after all.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

Down Smash I believe
l
I'm not sure if the purple aura like effect is from the attack itself or the effets of getting hit....but if it were to be Dark Pulse, I feel like the effects would look a lot different

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The one that you say could be Down Smash might in fact be Dark Pulse, from Pokemon. Whether or not it's Down Smash or Down Tilt or a B move... I'll leave that to you guys.

If I'm right, I find it fitting, since Greninja is a Dark type, after all.
I doesn't looks very Dark. But, uh, we know all his B Moves.
B: Water Shuriken
B>: Shadow Sneak
Bv: Substitute
B^: Aqua Jet (The water quick attack)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I doesn't looks very Dark. But, uh, we know all his B Moves.
B: Water Shuriken
B>: Shadow Sneak
Bv: Substitute
B^: Aqua Jet (The water quick attack)
Yeah, after you posted I remembered that Substitute was supposed to be his Down B. And his down tilt is probably the low sweeping kick. So the purple ring in question is probably part of his Down Smash, or some unknown mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom