• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green Hill Zone

WolFlash

Smash Cadet
You can't say this stage is bad. IMO this stage has the best music and is a really fun stage to play on. However, I want to know some good tactics for the stage as my friends and I often play it. Any ideas?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
1. Choose Green Hill Zone
2. Hit the Checkpoint
3. ???
4. Profit

By hitting the Checkpoint, you're pretty much untouchable from close attacks. Just watch out for characters with projectiles. Get cheap kills by throwing your opponents off the side because there aren't any ledges :laugh:

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Take advantage of the close blast lines on the sides. Throw people into them. Sonic's the best character for this stage because of the slope, and he can reach the check points the fastest. The slopes also help hamper projectile spammers.

Radiant Howl

Smash Rookie
The stage is pretty crazy especially with those checkpoints, and Sonic like the above poster said, its one of sonics better stages.

StrongGaia

Smash Rookie
I love this field (being a Sonic main). The ditch in the bottom stops most horizontal projectiles from being very effective, and the checkpoints can provide some nice protection when you need a time out.

Only thing I don't like is how close the death-line is to the end of the screen. if you get knocked out just a tiny bit, even rolling the wrong way can be disasterous.

TriForceOfCourage

Smash Rookie
I agree with Radiant Howl, this stage is awesome with Sonic!!!! But i'm not to happy with bowsers suicide claw on this level (if you do it right near the side bowser somehow just survives and you get sent/owned.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
with Tlink,if you use dair at the beginning of the oblique part,you can do a similar "Wavedash". Sound interesting to me.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i really cant understand why we can have slopes in the stage builder... makin stages like green hill would b intense.

Agi

Smash Lord
Green hill zone is probably one of the better non-neutral stages, however, it all revolves around the checkpoint. I agree, projectile users have a major advantage on this stage.

Hype

Smash Lord
Your kidding about this stage having good music right? the only stage with worse music is distant planet.

regarding the check point, I find the interior ones way more usful to have.

CatSquirrel?

Smash Rookie
THis stage is cool for brawls, but don't act so suprised that Sonic does well on his home stage. All the StarF0x characters kick *** too, and they can easily hog the bumpers. I have also found that, due to the slope, you can completely kill Samus on this stage. Using the charge shot is a waste of time, as it usually threatens no more than the ground and grass, and I have a fun time letting Samus players get a smash ball, just to have no room to use the zero laser without it inching out into a curve. So it's predictable for samus to go to the left side of the stage in standby mode for a clear shot, but that's where I wait to pummel her and throw her off the stage.
Oh, and the only good songs on this stage are from the first three sonic games; everything else just sounds so corny.:urg:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I found Green Hill Zone to be very useful for characters with very good spacing / zoning: Marth, Toon Link, Wolf, ...

You can basically fore the opponent out of the screen

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Green Hill Zone is great for speed characters and the music is great to and also you can easily kill people with throws on the boundaries zone.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
THis stage is cool for brawls, but don't act so suprised that Sonic does well on his home stage. All the StarF0x characters kick *** too, and they can easily hog the bumpers. I have also found that, due to the slope, you can completely kill Samus on this stage. Using the charge shot is a waste of time, as it usually threatens no more than the ground and grass, and I have a fun time letting Samus players get a smash ball, just to have no room to use the zero laser without it inching out into a curve. So it's predictable for samus to go to the left side of the stage in standby mode for a clear shot, but that's where I wait to pummel her and throw her off the stage.
Oh, and the only good songs on this stage are from the first three sonic games; everything else just sounds so corny.:urg:
What are you talking about ?! the music is awesome expect for sonic R, and sonic rush.

Top Bottom