• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green hill zone discussion!

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
I like this stage but theres two things that piss me off about it two!
1. why the hell isnt this a scrolling stage!!!
2. Sakurai slaps us in the face with todays update showin us "how detailed" knuckles tails and silver were yet knuckles isnt playable(or even an AT) and u can barley see any of them when the go around the loop! oh and to top that of he's like "we love them so much" WTF!!!!!!!

Arteen

Smash Lord
2. Sakurai slaps us in the face with todays update showin us "how detailed" knuckles tails and silver were yet knuckles isnt playable(or even an AT) and u can barley see any of them when the go around the loop! oh and to top that of he's like "we love them so much" WTF!!!!!!!
More like "we have misplaced priorities." :ohwell:

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I'm worried about how the slope will be handled by characters that aren't Sonic. I still like the stage, though. TxT

PS. Who the crap is Silver?

shadowboy

Smash Rookie
I have to agree with everyone else who thinks this stage sucks and feels rushed. It sucks. No sidescrolling is phail, walk-off is phail, the big hole in the center is phail, and silver is phail. It is hard to explain, but when you play it you will hate it. *Unless sonic boom is the bgm that the game randomly selects for that match.*

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Have you seen Green Hill Zone on the Dojo? You may not know it, but it is the ENTIRE Green Hill Zone Stage. They put a lot of work into this and choose that those features would fit best for the stage.

Side-scrolling : Unfortunately many characters are not that fast, would fall behind and be destroyed if it was becouse in order to be right, it would need to scroll at a quick pass apposed to Mario World 1-1 and 1-2's natural slow pace.

Destructible Ground : This was a main feature on Green Hill Zone, as many parts of it were prone to destroy when touched. However, they changed it so that after the ground receives enough air to ground attacks, like Ganondorf's stomp, or Sonic's flying kick, that it will brake. Unlike what people were saying, there is no timer.

Silver : I don't really like Silver, however using him as an example of why this stage is bad, just proves that you are one of the Sonic Fanatics. SEGA is trying to push Silver to be a prime character, next to Sonic and Shadow, and hopefully bring Tails and Knuckles truly back into that fold. Simply seeing Silver doesn't make the stage bad. If they made Silver be able to rip things out of the ground and fling people around ala Psi-Ops, he would probubly be loved.

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
I'm worried about how the slope will be handled by characters that aren't Sonic. I still like the stage, though. TxT

Silver the Hedgehog is a character in the 360/PS3 Sonic game simply entitled Sonic The Hedgehog (nicknamed Sonic Next gen on forums to avoid confusion with the original Sonic the Hedgehog). He comes from the future to change history, because the future sucks.

I don't have any problem with Silver but the adition of yet another speedy hedgehog makes Sonic less special, with Shadow hes the ultimate life form and Metal Sonic if fast for obvious reasons but with Silver it seems that all hedgehogs in Sonics world are fast, that in tern makes Sonic look average because his specialty is speed.

SonicMario

Smash Master
No matter what people say, Green Hill Zone wil be my most used Stage. Mostly because I love Sonic 1 and not to mention the song selection. I don't care if people are judging it by... tourny standards. I also don't care Silver is in the background, and the side scrolling would have to be faster. Thus very hard to survive unless your Sonic, and screwed as Ike.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Simply seeing Silver doesn't make the stage bad.
Silver makes the stage intermittently bad, and his sheer presence is an gross anachronism that clashes with the rest of the presentation of the level.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Silver the Hedgehog is a character in the 360/PS3 Sonic game simply entitled Sonic The Hedgehog (nicknamed Sonic Next gen on forums to avoid confusion with the original Sonic the Hedgehog). He comes from the future to change history, because the future sucks.

I don't have any problem with Silver but the adition of yet another speedy hedgehog makes Sonic less special, with Shadow hes the ultimate life form and Metal Sonic if fast for obvious reasons but with Silver it seems that all hedgehogs in Sonics world are fast, that in tern makes Sonic look average because his specialty is speed.
I need to correct you, Silver is far from a speed character. In Sonic 06, Silver is rather slow, and makes his way through his levels using his telekinetic powers. In the game he can fly fast for limited amounts of time using a telekinetic boost.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
While I do like the stage and I don't mind Silver (though he was defiantly beat out by a few characters for a third cameo appearance on the stage), he is further proof to me that Sega made their control over Sonic known for his appearance in Brawl. I'm pretty sure they're to blame for his crap color change selection as well. Compared to Snake, where Kojima seems to have let Sakurai do as he pleased, and helped in whatever way he could.

Still, I could be wrong. And I wonder if the stage was designed by someone from Sega, like Shadow Moses was by Kojima.

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
Silver makes the stage intermittently bad, and his sheer presence is an gross anachronism that clashes with the rest of the presentation of the level.
Come now Silver being their isn't so bad. If he was the assist trophy instead of Shadow I'd be ticked off but hes just in the background.

I need to correct you, Silver is far from a speed character. In Sonic 06, Silver is rather slow, and makes his way through his levels using his telekinetic powers. In the game he can fly fast for limited amounts of time using a telekinetic boost.
My mistake, I've only seen cutscenes from that game since I don't own either console its on.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Green Hill Zone was made at the last minute mostly because Sonic had a small role in the SSE, showing they could have done more with him. Thus, Green Hill Zone was quickly and breifly born.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
My mistake, I've only seen cutscenes from that game since I don't own either console its on.
No fault to you, you just haven't played the game (good choice) or seen the youtube rips of the story.

Green Hill Zone was made at the last minute mostly because Sonic had a small role in the SSE, showing they could have done more with him. Thus, Green Hill Zone was quickly and breifly born.
Why do you think Green Hill Zone was rushed? If you pan the camera, you will see that it is the WHOLE stage, reenvisioned in 3D, and we play on a section of this. I have stated this before, however the stage will not function very well scrolling quickly becouse it will make it hard for slow characters to play. Unless you have the stage scroll really slow, many slow characters will had a massive disadvantage, however this may be a greater disservice than simply having it in one spot since Sonic is all about speed.

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth

Silver is the only new playable next-gen Sonic character he first appered in Sonic the Hedghog (for the 360 and PS3) and has appeard in Sonic Rivals 2 and he has even made his way to Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

If you want to try him for yourself I recomend Sonic the Hedghog (Xbox 360/ PS3)

{you could say Blaze is too, but her first game was Sonic Rush on the DS}

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
No fault to you, you just haven't played the game (good choice) or seen the youtube rips of the story.
I have seen some cutscenes but mostly just Shadow's story. I saw some scenes of Silver and he seemed ok but nothing more, hes neither awesome nor annoying hes just ok.

timidshadow

Smash Apprentice
For a Sonic stage they could've also added the Space Colony Ark or Eggman's Ship, Central Square under Chaos' rampage or something much more dynamic but I guess this works.

K Hedgehog

Smash Rookie
I'm just wondering Why do most of you hate Silver he's awesome & has really cool powers like telekenisis. What's to hate about him? He's not that bad to me.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I'm just wondering Why do most of you hate Silver he's awesome & has really cool powers like telekenisis. What's to hate about him? He's not that bad to me.
Its probubly becouse of his voice, however in truth I don't know. If they supped up his powers so that he could rip trees out of the ground and the like and people with it, then we probubly would be liked.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
that stuff has nothing to do with sonic. thats why. look shadow was really cool in SA2 but then with shadow the hedgehog they gave him guns and adding extra elements that had nothing to do with the core of sonic games. key reason why sonic games have been bad. latley the only good sonic games have been on the ds and i pesonally think Sonic and the secret rings was a step in the right direction minus the crap story.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
"that stuff"

Dude, he only listed awesome and teleknisis, neither of which are that big of stretches for the Sonic series. Guns I agree with.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
"that stuff"

Dude, he only listed awesome and teleknisis, neither of which are that big of stretches for the Sonic series. Guns I agree with.
my point is sonic games dont need teleknisis seriously why the hell would u need that in a game thats supposed to be about getting through the level FAST. in SA2 the levels with rouge and knuckles sucked! i hated how it totaly through of the pace of the game and seemed like a total chore. sonic games need to go back to the speed and forget about trying to bring in to many new aspects to the game . whats was wrong with colecting rings getting fire sheilds and going super fast. sonic and sonic characters dont realy need too many powers... or air boards.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
my point is sonic games dont need teleknisis seriously why the hell would u need that in a game thats supposed to be about getting through the level FAST. in SA2 the levels with rouge and knuckles sucked! i hated how it totaly through of the pace of the game and seemed like a total chore. sonic games need to go back to the speed and forget about trying to bring in to many new aspects to the game . whats was wrong with colecting rings getting fire sheilds and going super fast. sonic and sonic characters dont realy need too many powers... or air boards.
yeah and i think blaze should be there she's much cooler

K Hedgehog

Smash Rookie
"that stuff"

He also has a cool personality, a cool world, a cool voice etc well I personally think Silver is a great character & I'm not trying to disrespect other peoples opinions so yeah.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
that stuff has nothing to do with sonic. thats why. look shadow was really cool in SA2 but then with shadow the hedgehog they gave him guns and adding extra elements that had nothing to do with the core of sonic games. key reason why sonic games have been bad. latley the only good sonic games have been on the ds and i pesonally think Sonic and the secret rings was a step in the right direction minus the crap story.
Um except for the fact that the gameplay was sloppy to the point of near unplayabilty.....I totally agree with Shadow's game sucking though.

Why are we replying to 5 month old posts guys? just wondering.

stratele

Smash Apprentice
the stage is average for me, but the music for this stage! mmmm

His world, right up my street. Love it, i'm going to download it seriously

psike

Smash Apprentice
This stage isn't fair for Ness and Lucas, if you fall down one of the holes then you cant use your third jump!

Top Bottom