• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green Greens, the best Sonic stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Sonic for me is all about pressure. To pressure, one needs to eliminate options of the opponent by either:

A] Overwhelming them with speed.

B] Box[ob] them into a corner or wall.

C] create situations where you are in control and they are unable to perform A and B.

Green Greens is a magical place that lets you do all three of those at the same time with minimal amounts of thinking and effort.

The barriers are really, really small, Ko's are no longer a problem by any means. In fact, they're too easy.

the fact that there are walls everywhere, coupled with the existence of the spinshot make this stage a combo whore's wet dream.

It's green, twice.

Sonic is amazing with items. OH LOOK AT THAT. This place is so amazing, it makes Sonic godly.

This is Sonic's best stage.

The end.

:093:

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
lololololol.

I was actually playing on this stage today. I was thinking, "Hmm....Boxob would be a fiend here...."

Bair owns here. As if Bair wasn't already sexy.
Glide toss apples. Sounds tasty.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Is it better than Corneria?

I admit, I haven't been a Sonic for long, but you claim this is Sonic's best stage.

Something better than Corneria for Sonic is something I find hard to believe.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Is it better than Corneria?

I admit, I haven't been a Sonic for long, but you claim this is Sonic's best stage.

Something better than Corneria for Sonic is something I find hard to believe.
Think of it as if you're in the right side of Corneria. But the ceiling's as low as when you're on the top part of the fin. Now imagine that there are walls everywhere that you can bounce your opponent off of, except in both directions. Infinite's are made easier. Boxobairs **** everything in their path and combo into each other/grabs/whichever sexiest.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Sonic's recovery is so much sexier here. You can recover pretty much on any side, any of the middle holes.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Think of it as if you're in the right side of Corneria. But the ceiling's as low as when you're on the top part of the fin. Now imagine that there are walls everywhere that you can bounce your opponent off of, except in both directions. Infinite's are made easier. Boxobairs **** everything in their path and combo into each other/grabs/whichever sexiest.

..........oh my god, it truly is a magical place.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Did you know that apples > strong gusts of spinning wind coming out of sharp spinning balls with special protection?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was actually experimenting with this awhile back.

It's a pretty **** fun stage to play on. Oh, and low cieling = lulz when you KO someone at 60% or lower.

I'm gonna start messing around on this level more often...

Tenki

Smash Hero
Did you know that apples beat MK's Tornado?
Fixed for clarity ;d

using springvincibility and side-B invincibility to explode bomb blocks is kinda fun.

Also, glitching the bomb blocks to create a floating 'fire' box in an area is kinda annoying but funny.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

sonic has no infinites, so lets run off the list of characters that do and can **** us here...

D3 down throw, too easy
ROB, down tilt, debatable
MK: jabs, and down tilt
Fox: shine (which can combo out of down air for the record...)
Ike: f-throw also way easy
GaW: down tilt, also debatable

now while i will admit that this list isnt as big as i thought it was going to be when i started this post, adn i think that theres more that im just not thinking off, it doesnt change the fact that it cant be his best stage if you get 3 stocked by an ike or D3 here.

not to mention that GG is a campers paradise and sonics horisontal lack of air speed is going to hamper him when it comes to catching up with projectile spammers. im going to go ahead and say that ROB, and falco will **** us here, even with out infinites.

speaking of falco, anyone with a rapid jab type move (Falco, fox, MK, kirby, pit) should be able to rack some good damage on those walls even if its not an infinite

Boxob

Smash Champion
No.

And infinite's aren't possible I suppose, I figured I'd make that post then brainstorm up how I would go about doing that. But I didn't.

But still, this stage is great for Sonic, and spinshot completely makes up for the lack of immobility.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No.

And infinite's aren't possible I suppose, I figured I'd make that post then brainstorm up how I would go about doing that. But I didn't.

But still, this stage is great for Sonic, and spinshot completely makes up for the lack of immobility.

Ditto.

Except that GG is more often than not banned in my ****ing area.

:jigglypuf

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I've been counterpicking corneria recently for many of the same issues you said this level was really good for. Unfortunately at the last tourney I got caught in a wall infinite by DDD two times on corneria and died... What a lame *** thing to do to win...

Anyway, can DDD chain grab on green greens? If not, this may be my new favorite counterpick

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
D3 chaingrabs on any stage with any kind of wall on it...

if you are trying to beat D3 pick FD or smashville, or brinstar, you need a lot of space to be mobile in

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
D3 chaingrabs on any stage with any kind of wall on it...

if you are trying to beat D3 pick FD or smashville, or brinstar, you need a lot of space to be mobile in
Out of curiosity, how would Norfair do against Dedede as Sonic?

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
D3's, chaingrab isn't nearly as useful on Green Greens. There's not much area to perform it. And no, he can't infinite on the stage. The blocks break.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
This thread actually is really useful considering how GG is a really great stage for sonic... if it's allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom