• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Dro if we come this time lets order more pizza! Seriously though your house is great and if we cant come there you wanna come my place?
Haha, we'll see! And it would be great if my mom allowed you to go to your place! If you guys come to my place, I'd try to bring Johnny over again, and omg, we need to find out how to record matches, lol.

Awesome. I can finally face the mighty and powerful Drolian...
We'll see, I dunno, you live pretty far from my place, I thinks. And I don't think my parents will allow anyone overly older than me to come, but I'll see...And I think only two people will be allowed again. =X I'd love to face you though.

were is your place exactly i'd like to come by and play also :D
(if that was your home that i was at this weekend I'm sorry still slow at remembering who i met)
Naw, that wasn't my place, lol.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I PLAY GANON AND I WILL EAT ALL YOUR TOP TIER *****ES WITH TOBASCO SAUCE LOL

...Ok, that was all talking big. I don't use trollies. AAAAAANYYWAYYY...

I talked to the CC about a Smash Tournament on April 28th, and after we work out the details it will be awesome. I'll have a thread up for it hopefully by tomorrow. Also, I'm in for anything going on this weekend if at all possible. Is Friday on at FX this week?

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
I PLAY GANON AND I WILL EAT ALL YOUR TOP TIER *****ES WITH TOBASCO SAUCE LOL

...Ok, that was all talking big. I don't use trollies. AAAAAANYYWAYYY...

I talked to the CC about a Smash Tournament on April 28th, and after we work out the details it will be awesome. I'll have a thread up for it hopefully by tomorrow. Also, I'm in for anything going on this weekend if at all possible. Is Friday on at FX this week?
Adnan's not gonna be there...

Um, you can come to my place like we planned last week, possibly? Haha, we can prolly get pizza, too...but my bro took my monies, I'll work on that!

Anyway, at FX we won't get tot play all the time, so it would be better if you and Jeff just come to my place, I'll try to call Johnny in, too if you want to rematch him. XD

efex

Smash Cadet
Haha, we'll see! And it would be great if my mom allowed you to go to your place! If you guys come to my place, I'd try to bring Johnny over again, and omg, we need to find out how to record matches, lol.

We'll see, I dunno, you live pretty far from my place, I thinks. And I don't think my parents will allow anyone overly older than me to come, but I'll see...And I think only two people will be allowed again. =X I'd love to face you though.

Naw, that wasn't my place, lol.
i can record matches directly to my laptop =\ i just need a av jack video out to hook into my capture device

i can also make combo videos , I'm really good at editing videos and got a lot of tools :D, i've made cs frag movies before

xTOXNx

Smash Apprentice
heres how I record my crew's matches.

1. vcr GET/DVD Recorder/TV Tuner
2.Record
3.(for dvd) play vhs/burn to dvd/put DVD into Computer and Rip
4.(TV Tuner) Hook tuner into computer, usually through usb and put your vhs tapes right onto computer.
5.Edit/Host/Enjoy

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, lol, we know how to record, but my VCR wasn't working, and my DVD player is weird, so we don't know where to plug the stuff in. XD

the problem

Smash Apprentice
Dro to awnsear your question he plays falco i think. LOL last time we tried for like so long to record and we couldn't get it to work xD. Efex if you could record and all that'd be great.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
I got a cam! But I think it's battery has been dead since...I dunno, hopefully it still eats the charge.

I don't think I got spare tapes for the cam, though. =/

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Who has best Fox in 'Sauga?

Crap, double post
Nobody. Everyone stopped playing Fox when they realized Kirby was better.

*sarcasm meter explodes*

I dunno. James and Imadh are both good. Dzenan's Fox isn't bad but his Falcon is clearly better so it's not him. I haven't played Grmo, you or Jeffman yet and nobody else mains or seconds Fox (I think). So of the three Foxes I've played I'm leaning towards Imadh probably.

Efex plays Falco.

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
Greetings fellow toronto smashers. I have a tentative venue that ill be checking out tomrrow. And another venue if this one fails. so we're looking at a Toronto Tourni mid May. If the venue is good i'll try and have the thread up for the tourni by tomorrow night, and if not i couldnt find any internet source. Until next time, i'll continue to update you guys with the progress of this all.

D

Deleted member

Greetings fellow toronto smashers. I have a tentative venue that ill be checking out tomrrow. And another venue if this one fails. so we're looking at a Toronto Tourni mid May. If the venue is good i'll try and have the thread up for the tourni by tomorrow night, and if not i couldnt find any internet source. Until next time, i'll continue to update you guys with the progress of this all.
Daniel just call me if you find the place suitable and then I can post the thread if you want

On second thought I don't want to steal your thunder

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
Finally, a tournament i can probably make:)

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
divine knight is like an internet superhero.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
divine knight is like an internet superhero.
It's the avatar, seriously.
Oh and the fact that he's divine... and has been a knight since the dark ages. (trust me I was there.)

So thats two tournies? Dope, You choose the one you want to face us in the crew battle at Sauga-ers....
Remember to practise.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Alright, the Mississauga tourney will probably be either June 9 or after exams some time. I just talked to Adnan and we agreed that June is tricky for most of us before exams, but I'll see. There's also TransCanada to consider. Anyway, tentative informations:

Where: Meadowvale South Recreation Centre
6600 Falconer Drive
Mississauga, Ontario
L5N 1M2

When: Saturday, June 9 (open for debate), 12pm to 12am

Why: to debate whether cannibalism ought to be grounds for leniency in murders, since it's less wasteful.

Who: SmashBound *****es

Some general rules and informations:

NOTICE: If you're going somewhere, be sure to tell a tournament staff member about it. If you
don't and you're not around for a match, you forfeit.

We will have a 1 hour break at 5 or 6. This is so you can go eat or whatever and not have to worry about being around for a tournament match. I think there's a chinese restaurant across the road...

Double Elimination matches

Things will officially kick off at 1, so be there early for friendlies. Come even earlier
if you're bringing TVs/cubes/stuff or helping set up.

ABSOLUTELY no alcohol or other stupid stuff, and please be careful not to damage anything because I will have to pay for it and I will personally stick your head in a pair of FC hotpants and mail it to Austrailia.

The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

EDIT: Any name suggestions are appreciated. I have some suggestions already.

EDIT2: They can't contain any of the following words:

Smash
Clash
Sauga
Rise

srsly

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
*Waiting for the minister to call me tonight*. With regards to the two tournies, we should make some gimmick--such as sauga crew vs nnr, home and away games. Or perhaps we should make a GTA PR? if thats even worth the effort. And after i find out about this tentative venue, ill have to steal net at a friends house to put up the thread. I'll try and have this tourni for as early May as i can, that way we can have one in May and then the second a few weeks later. Great preparation for Trans.

Grmo

Smash Champion
If someone else feels like finding another venue then sure, but I can get the MSRC for 12 hours for $225 and I'm sticking to that, and I'll wait a while for it if necessary. But maybe we can have a ranking battle on the 21st; I'd be happy to organize the brackets for that and test my new tournament program. 28th is iffy for me because I promised my friend I'd go to his concert.

EDIT: May is really packed. A bunch of us can only come of the 12th, which is ToS3 and we'll miss tons of people. Likewise with Anime North 2 weeks later.

-ZERO-

Smash Cadet
Of course you would think that, because you're probably the only one out of all of us that doesn't have to do exams. Quit being selfish.

Top Bottom