• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
I lol'd Matt.

Um...Kronic, you'll have to confirm with Adnan, here, I'll give you his cell.

647-BAN-SSBM

I think that's it, I'm serious.

efex

Smash Cadet
sorry i didn't feel like coming today -_-;; i would have but it takes me to long to get to sauga =[

GUYS CHECK OUT MY FALCLOPS !

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
sorry i didn't feel like coming today -_-;; i would have but it takes me to long to get to sauga =[

GUYS CHECK OUT MY FALCLOPS !

Noob, I came from Downsview station. Took me longer, but that's cool. I woulda whooped your *** like I always do.

ROFL THAT **** WAS TOO FUNNY XDD.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I dont know exactly... I mean.. if they think I'm bad I might be able to egg them on into a mm... I dont know if they're the type for that though... maybe you could clue me in...

lol and ph33r is always good though...

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I dont know exactly... I mean.. if they think I'm bad I might be able to egg them on into a mm... I dont know if they're the type for that though... maybe you could clue me in...

lol and ph33r is always good though...
Get Manuel into mming you. Denis is a ****ty Falco according to Manuel. so um you could go for that too.

Iono, personally. Who needs $6. Fear + Trashtalk > $6.

kay, I wanna smash tomorrow and dont mind the travel. Anyone? Host? or if pplz like, we could gather 4 people and go to Matt's (same place as the Ranking Battle).

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Yeah, I totally see what you're saying, I'd rather go the whole fear+ trashtalk+ crushing their pride thing. LOL And Its funny cause I was barely even mean or anything in my first post... I even said please!
And oh yeah, what are all the lifeline rules anyways? I'd love to think of some loop hole to exploit...

As far as tomorrow goes I'll be busy all day, but good luck in your efforts to smash.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I will be busy as well, I thought I wasn't but things changed a little :/

I'm probably down for something Sunday / Monday

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
kay, I wanna smash tomorrow and dont mind the travel. Anyone? Host? or if pplz like, we could gather 4 people and go to Matt's (same place as the Ranking Battle).
Mike and Adam are coming over to my house. If you want to come, you definitely can. But I realize I'm geographically inconvenient so if you don't lol it's cool.

That invitation extends to everyone else here. Although if you and other people can assemble more conveniently elsewhere please do so. Don't inconvenience yourselves on my behalf because tbh I'm not really that good for practice lol. >___> really, when are you going to need to know how to beat Ness lol.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Mike and Adam are coming over to my house. If you want to come, you definitely can. But I realize I'm geographically inconvenient so if you don't lol it's cool.

That invitation extends to everyone else here. Although if you and other people can assemble more conveniently elsewhere please do so. Don't inconvenience yourselves on my behalf because tbh I'm not really that good for practice lol. >___> really, when are you going to need to know how to beat Ness lol.
I'll see, ummz. the option of coming to Matt's is also there. You could (if you can) bring your friends here to play with me and Matt.

But I will try to come.

efex

Smash Cadet

lol be scared of the lone ice climber, hes like chuck norris with a ninja parka and a mallet !

SexualHarassmentPanda

Smash Rookie
im gonna be attending the SoS1 tourney but i also heard about the facebook tourney on the 23rd. Adnan(or anyone who can answer), which tourney should i go to and could you explain wtf is a lifeline. are they willing to negotiate their date? thx.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
How often are tournaments going down in Toronto? and how often are there any weekly 'smash events'?. not full blown tournaments but like get-togethers'.

efex

Smash Cadet
How often are tournaments going down in Toronto? and how often are there any weekly 'smash events'?. not full blown tournaments but like get-togethers'.
usually people just meet up and play smash every week or so, sometimes we just go visit people and have bum sexes supersmash brothers fun

efex

Smash Cadet
rofl. aight kewl thanks.
actually if you'd like to play were do you live around maby me and some guys can make it to your place

also guys i know smash boards is the cool thing and everything but why not make an mirc channeL ?! gamesurge has A LOT of toronto channels and you could attract attention to the game which = more people in community = more cash prizes at tournaments = bum sex overall fun :D

SexualHarassmentPanda

Smash Rookie
that's a g reat idea. i am extremely familiar with gamesurge (being a cs player).I know alot of people from #toronto, #leafsnation, #gtaesports. I could set that up if u guys like

efex

Smash Cadet
we gotta decide on a channel name first, toronto cs community is gay lol :D

#ssbmtoronto alright with everyone ?

ok guys i set us up a channel on gamesurge #ssbmtoronto and #ssbm

what you need
1) Mirc located at www.mirc.com
2) A gamesurge account www.gamesurge.net

after you get these its pretty simple set up mirc how you want yada yada
to do things the easy way type /server irc.gamesurge.net in the console window
you will end up connecting to gamesurge then type /join or /j #ssbmtoronto
and volia welcome to the mirc of ssbmtoronto

3) some usfull commands
/server "server.name.net" (connects you to an irc server)
/authserv AUTH <account name> <password> (same as your gamesurge.net login, allows you to receive access to channels and other such things)
/part or /p (leaves a channel)
/join or /j (joins a channel...duh)
/query "usernamer" (sends a private message)

4) http://www.gamesurge.net/newuser/
it will teach you how to add these to your Preform so you dont need to type user/channel commands everytime you connect to irc

5) if you got any problems just ask me i am likez the computerz hackzorszzzz !

i set this up because it should be easier to contact people / discuss events / build up the community and event hype

180OP

Smash Journeyman
good idea however. for us to plan anything on irc would require people to be actually present at the channel. If it was posted on a site like this, anyone can check at any time whats going down even when you dont know them.. But if it was specifically this site, it would need to be found in a jungle of threads and forums.

I live in North York, Don mills and Finch. Close to Newnham Seneca College(I attend it).

We should have a simple site where people who can arrange something or want to , can just make a post and we go from there. I can make the site, though it aint gonna be a dot com and i dont think free hosting has PHP/MYSQL enabled.

efex

Smash Cadet
i set up irc for communication between forums members, its alot faster and easier then msn =\ it can also attract a bigger community for these events. but events still should be posted on smashboards

now get on irc and idle the channels :D

efex

Smash Cadet
Yeah we should have a forum, where everone can post on and read stuff. Oh yeah, I'm posting on it :00
i am going to kill you unless you send me musik i heard ayumi hamasaki off your radio thing !!!!

C

Circle

Um... to the whole irc crap..
If you don't wanna register:
Server - GameSurge (it's in the server list just search for it)
Channel(s) - "/join #ssbm" and "/join #ssbmtoronto"

efex

Smash Cadet
Um... to the whole irc crap..
If you don't wanna register:
Server - GameSurge (it's in the server list just search for it)
Channel(s) - "/join #ssbm" and "/join #ssbmtoronto"
yea registration is not nessisary but if you want access to the channel you should register and you get cool stuff beside your name so people know your special (also if your important i give you ops so you can kick/ban spammers)

C

Circle

@_@ this better not destroy the great antics that only appear on Smashboards... as smashboards dies slowly ='(

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
kay, I'm getting ready for AN. Hope to see Andy, David, James and Fogel there. All-night gaming should be nuts. Smash till you drop (ROFL NOT THE MTL TOURNY).

You p33pz know ma numba. Gimme a call when you make it :].

efex

Smash Cadet
adnan hasn't been calling me lately to **** peach up the bum, i don't feel like a rising star any more, now i feel like that ******** kid in the corner that no one talks to and makes circles in the dirt with his feet while his hands are in his pockets.....thanks adnan

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
adnan hasn't been calling me lately to **** peach up the bum, i don't feel like a rising star any more, now i feel like that ******** kid in the corner that no one talks to and makes circles in the dirt with his feet while his hands are in his pockets.....thanks adnan
Nice use of the 100th post. You could always move to Waterloo and play with us.

efex

Smash Cadet
waterloo is way to far to play smash -_-;;

i was bored so i made this cause i am a nerdz and i knowz what i am talking aboutz
cause i playz 20 hours a day ok guyz ?
i used an advertisement off smashboards LOL

Top Bottom