• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Graphix Gaming 8 - Next: TBD

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Chances are going down due to business of Sat o.o There is still a possibility as long as we finish everything fast and smoothly

BigWenz

Smash Ace
damm wenbo why u gotta be such a party foul. i was clearly trolling lolol. but naw the real reason why joes falcon is so bad is cause its afraid to go for the knee. he always goes for the safer but less chance of killing up air when the knee has like a 90% chance of hitting anyway and a 100% chance of killing.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Haha
I wasn't being serious either :lick:
Joe's Falcon is bad because he doesn't play Falcon and he doesn't have the inner cheapness in him to make Falcon decent ... he has more like the opposite really lmao

Also double Uair is a perfectly legit choice if you're confident in your edgeguarding (as dumb as Uthrow double Uair looks :laugh:)

Anyone that lives along 270, 495, and 95 that's not too far off the highway should post so I can potentially pick you up tomorrow / Saturday ... my car has room for 3 more people ~_~

Bones0

Smash Legend
Do you use the c-stick to uair with Falcon? I use it when I'm fast falling uairs with people, but I can't jump and immediately uair with the c-stick, and I tend to accidentally double jump on the first uair.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
SH instant uairs are hard for me to do, not the execution, but the move after. It's a ***** following it up if you use the control stick and A. I find I'm just too slow to knee after. Using C stick would be ideal but that motion is just too much for me.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Tap jump is your friend here. Just make sure you don't USmash instead, although for some people that's ideal.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I can't SH with the control stick. I've literally never done it. I think the first time I heard it was possible was when Redd told me he used it for SHDL as Fox and I thought he was trolling me. :|

On a note more relevant to my main, I am perfecting the timing for landing your shine on platforms. Get ready for some Dark shiz! ^.^ Still working on dashdance -> shield drop -> shine turn around -> waveland -> attack though. That **** is SO FREAKIN' FRUSTRATING. The game is like "lulz, idc if you want to shield drop, you shall spot dodge!"

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Tap jump is like your enemy here -_-
If tap jump didn't exist this would totally be a non-problem ...
I just kinda angle it slightly above or at 45 degrees to make sure I don't accidentally double jump
Fastfalling afterward is still hard

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I can't SH with the control stick. I've literally never done it. I think the first time I heard it was possible was when Redd told me he used it for SHDL as Fox and I thought he was trolling me. :|

On a note more relevant to my main, I am perfecting the timing for landing your shine on platforms. Get ready for some Dark shiz! ^.^ Still working on dashdance -> shield drop -> shine turn around -> waveland -> attack though. That **** is SO FREAKIN' FRUSTRATING. The game is like "lulz, idc if you want to shield drop, you shall spot dodge!"
Ughhhh I miss that. My controller has passed a certain point and I literallly CANNOT sh with the stick anymore. I also jump with x so I CAN shdl with x + b, but I get tired. >_<

Oh well, single lasers are def. better controlled. =D

Bones0

Smash Legend
Single lasers are pretty much the same in usefulness against most chars, but I would miss the feeling of doing it against Marth, Ganon, and other tall chars where they just take 10% in the time it takes you to SH twice. XD

CTL17

Smash Lord
Tap jump is like your enemy here -_-
If tap jump didn't exist this would totally be a non-problem ...
I just kinda angle it slightly above or at 45 degrees to make sure I don't accidentally double jump
Fastfalling afterward is still hard
Tap jump to get your first jump, and activate UAir, then let go to get ready to FFL. I honestly don't know how I do (seemingly) instant UAirs... I just do them subconsciously.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Tap jump to get your first jump, and activate UAir, then let go to get ready to FFL. I honestly don't know how I do (seemingly) instant UAirs... I just do them subconsciously.
It's easier for you to FF after hitting up because you are weighed down by your sandbagsssssssssss.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well I can't tap jump and short hop, so that's my problem :p

*Edit*
My car of Wenbo Winston Voodoo and Laijin will probably get there around 2
So hopefully there won't be any traffic on a Saturday afternoon
Is arriving at around 2 ok
I seem to recall we always start around then anyways
<_<

Bones0

Smash Legend
No prob, just keep me updated on how far away you guys are.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: I can now shield drop L-cancelled aerials out of platform dash dances 90% of the time. ^_^

Oh, also everyone needs to bring TVs and Cubes, and post in here so I know how many to expect. Hyyyype!

Also, also, is anyone confirmed for bringing Project M? I don't have it myself so I don't want someone showing up to play it if there are no setups for it...

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Sigh
Laijin and Voodoo both bailed (Laijin might be there but not Voodoo)
Attendance dropping rapidly :(

On the other hand we'll be there at like noon haha.

Vist

Smash Champion
i wouldnt say the attendance is dropping lol

it's like staying at around the same amount of people haha

anyway ill try to come at a decent time b/c i need the practice >___________>

Vist

Smash Champion
thumbs2good.. falcon is unforgiving lol

I wasn't even expecting to place since I haven't been able to practice but I'll settle on 2nd lol XD

good stuff in teams @ wenbo

see you guys next tournament :)

Top Bottom