• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Graphic Design Services - Aus only

Vermy

Smash Champion
It has come to my attention that graphics are lacking on smashboards. I see images from photobucket here and there and sigs that could be awesome but aren't and it makes me sad. As a graphic designer trying to establish himself in a very corporate world, its not easy to be seen. And so I am offering free services. Yes free. I will make you/your region/crew etc free graphic design imagery at no fee. I have already made my own city's insignia and good words about my work have me aching to do more. (See the Stigma-B thread page 1 and 17) As some may have heard I am in the process of having tshirts made. Depending on your whereabouts etc I may be able to organise that for you but that DOES have a cost.

And so I repeat, FREE graphics for those who want them. See my deviantart site for a small sample of my art. I can do animated gifs aswell, to an extent. (Eg. If you want an animated falcon punch sig, easy done)

www.darkvermiis.deviantart.com

And if any high-ups on Smashboards see this and want to jazz up the site, I'll gladly help out too. So either reply in this thread to take me up on my offer, or pm me.

Ps. Yes I find it ironic that I do not have a decent sig. I cbf and have too many ideas for it so I can't make up my bloody mind.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Oh, you're becoming like NorCal's hella. Wonderful. Draw me a Woxy!

Or perhaps a normal Sig with my name and Wolf in it? :grin: You can be as creative as you like!

<3 you

Vermy

Smash Champion
Done deal Cao. =)
Ill send it over hotmail or msn in the next couple days. =3

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Vermy is pimping himself out
Jei would basically like the same thing except with Pit...or Yoshi..surprise me :)

Browny

Smash Hater
Oh yay yes plz :D

Something similar to my current sig with the 2 images fading in and out in 4-5 second intervals (preferably 4 seconds each pic, with a 1 second fade time)

http://i44.tinypic.com/5zplhw.png
http://i41.tinypic.com/vhtd1f.png

And the name 'DJBrowny' in the left to cover the void in the lucario pic . Use whatever text/font/background/layers you think looks cool. My current one with websites, clan tag + mottos doesnt serve much purpose here since its for a PC FPS gaming clan lol.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Lol, TBDH your work isn't that great and it's definately not 'corporate' worthy. You're filters and render brushes are used in many ameture works. I've had my fair experience with Photoshop and I can safely say, with a large golden pole up my *** that I'm better.

I'm not saying this in a cocky demoralising way, rather, I'm just being dead honest in critiquing your page.

S.D

Smash Master
I like it when Juggie comes out from under his bridge and says hello <3333

I think you're doing good things Vermy without having looked at your page mind you :)

Sirias

Smash Champion
Andy, I'd like to see some of your work, actually.
You talk about how good you are but I've never seen anything you've done.
Also, you have to say how long it took you to do what it is that you did.

Still, I agree with Andy.
Your work isn't as experienced as I thought it would be.
It's going good, though, keep it up. c:

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Stupid Kas, I never said I was good, just that I'm better. LOL
Nothing great, done 1-2 years ago.

In before '**** text' and 'amature' LOL, I am one.

BWT I agree that it is a good thing you're doing but maybe do some work on Photoshop and experience it's full potential isntead of just filters and brushing.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Appreciate the critique. =)
Like I said, establishing myself so I've still got a long way to go. If it makes a diff, I've taught everything myself so considering that I don't think I'm doing too bad.

And in reference to corporate, I meant that grfx these days is corporate, and I'm simply trying to separate myself from that. I was in no way calling myself corporate-worthy. Simple misunderstanding.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Oh and Jei and DjBrowny, same goes. Ill send them to you via pm, hotmail etc in a few days. =)

Prolly monday.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Tutorials are a great way to start, photo-manip is the easiest way to get you started with initiating your own work.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
The Captain America would be good.... IF HE WASNT A ***! Ironman ****s all over the Captain. Just look who won the civil war!

Oh and if people are throwing out free sigs and ****. Something Sagat from Street fighter with l3oOkeR would be hawt

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Vermiis, I'd like to take advantage of your services if you would be so kind. Reckon you can do a sig for me? A picture of Sheik, with a fan of needles in hand if possible, with Kulla thrown in somewhere, darker colours I prefer, maybe have her surrounded by mist or smoke. I consider the eyes to be important, pretty sure she has red eyes so I want them to feature prominently, hence the darker colours around her to emphasise the eyes.

Hope thats not asking too much, and thanks in advance if you decide to create it for me.

S.D

Smash Master
You're not being specific enough Simon, there is a severe lack of details in your proposition. You should provide Vermy with something far more comprehensive and precise like the example provided.

Oh, you're becoming like NorCal's hella. Wonderful. Draw me a Woxy!

Or perhaps a normal Sig with my name and Wolf in it? :grin: You can be as creative as you like!

<3 you

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol, so you say you're better but you're still an amature.
How about not boasting so much before-hand, then.
And then showing works from 1-2 years ago, show something recent, lol?

I'd like to help as well with tutorials I know of and such, but really everything I learnt was from my sister (Graphic Designer) and basically just through doing my own crud.
Apparently my sister says that being a Graphic Designer is lame, lol, she says that there's often not much work. So it might be better to do free-lance stuff anyway, or, if you're not doing anyone a commission or such, just practicing on learning new things.

Pragtiss mayx (near) purfikt. :D

isthattim?

Smash Ace
Having worked as a game designer for 6 months I can say from industry standards that you would all be laughed at if going for a job.
having worked as a medical researcher for a year i can say you would be laughed out of a conference.
is this really the right place to be trying to make yourself feel good by ****ting all over other people offering free sigs?
i didnt hear anyone say they were a ****ing professional
grow up

S.D

Smash Master
:) Tim :)

To be fair Vermy is trying to do something positive for the community and improve his skills at the same time. He is offering his time, something he doesn't have to do, and trying to make a contribution. He never claimed to be a professional either. We should be supporting him rather than trying to belittle him. FREE SIGS GUYS!!!

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
lol brawl***s trying to flame.. of course i would be laughed out of medical conferance... I'm a fcking game designer u gaybrawl**** must have taken you years of research to come up with that conlusion ja? Tho your right tim, I hope your coming to the thing at deakin next week so I can **** all over you instead for several hours <3

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
syke has a pretty mad trolling technique, he manages to quote you while totally dodging the point on purpose, then insults you and baits you into starting a dodgey argument, and he does it in such a way that it makes it almost un-noticeable that he dodged the point on purpose

8/10 syke, you got tim to insult you back

ps: my sig is already too amazing

Vermy

Smash Champion
Ty S.D, much <3

And yes, I am in no way professional and in no way anywhere near capable of a job in graphic design. I'm just trying to get better and fill in some spare time. =)
I enjoy doing what I do, and little projects from other people are better than ones I make up myself.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Drawing furries isn't my job, nor is it even Graphic Design. <3
Admittedly I do suck at drawing, but you don't see me boasting about how good I am, or comparing my work to anyone else's (with which I try to find someone who's worse than me to make myself look better, as some people try to do).
Why am I even trying to defend myself against Andy? XD

It's funny how there are 3 people trying to rage against Zac, when he made a valid point about how he would be laughed out of a MEDICAL CONFERENCE when he, and this topic, is talking about being 'DESIGNERS'. At least you all know how to flame, L2Troll.
Phil, seriously, you're bad at trolling, so stop trying to. You're honestly like a wanna-be Andy, it's sad.
Admittedly I shouldn't be adding more to this, and I don't even know why I am, but I feel like a trolling mood, and you're all losers.

And Game Design is different to Graphic Design, Zac, gtfo.

Just flame me back if you must and then ask him (vermiis) to make you something. Kgo.

VERMIIS! Since I haven't helped you in any way I can... in a slightly selfish way, try to help you by asking you to do something for me. d:
I'll leave it up to you with what you want to make, no restrictions, gogo imagination. c:
Since when there're no guidelines it's slightly harder, at least for me.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I would like something made too please vermiis but I'll get back to you about it later since
it looks like your going to be quite busy

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
somehow kas
you, syke and juggie get the illusion that im trolling
:/
but i find it funny that you do, and then you tell me im bad at something i dont even try to do

****ING KAS YOUR SO BAD AT TROLLING BACK TO ME
D:<D:<D:<D:<D:<D:<D:<D:<D:<D:<D:<D:<
HURDF DURD QUEELSFAND LOZAR FUQ

Sieg

Smash Champion
Hey, don't bring Queensland into it.

Even though I wuv Juggy and Syke and Kas and their random.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
You're not being specific enough Simon, there is a severe lack of details in your proposition. You should provide Vermy with something far more comprehensive and precise like the example provided.
Here is my amended proposition: Sheik plz

<3 Sam

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
It's funny how there are 3 people trying to rage against Zac, when he made a valid point about how he would be laughed out of a MEDICAL CONFERENCE when he, and this topic, is talking about being 'DESIGNERS'. At least you all know how to flame, L2Troll.
Phil, seriously, you're bad at trolling, so stop trying to. You're honestly like a wanna-be Andy, it's sad.
Admittedly I shouldn't be adding more to this, and I don't even know why I am, but I feel like a trolling mood, and you're all losers.

And Game Design is different to Graphic Design, Zac, gtfo.
I didn't have the energy to continue with that point, so I went and got tanked again.. **** pisshead cousins..

and SIRIASLY kas, there are so many graphic design elements that go into game design, I wish i'd done it in shcool.

Top Bottom