• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

jpak

Smash Lord
When he lost the ability to backdoor carry his team from top lane to bot lane at the same time. Or to be at any teamfight regardless of where he's farming/pushing from. I mean, he can come pretty close... but it just isn't the same.

I will have Crimson Elite Urgot. IT MUST COME OUT.
TF is just as good, get teleport + flash then. If you want to see a good tf watch my match saturday night vs theroflfactor 's team :)

Shaco, Ezreal, Heimerdinger, Shen, Kayle, Galio
</2010>
??????

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I just remember during the days of elementz' tier list rage how all those tier ones were considered "uncounterable" or some crazy lulsy stuff.

More so was the case of "Shaco, Ezreal and Kayle" that people were like NO COUNTERS *RAGE*.

jpak

Smash Lord
i think everything has a counter, may be not a specific champ counter but at least a team comp counter.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
:mad: @ everyone talking about counters and match-ups but not wanting to help me make match-up chart.

hm

maybe a more detailed version of the "overview" tab for each champion would be better suited

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Because match ups aren't simple.

In a solo queue environment, your top match up is based on your top solo, your jungler, your mid, your enemy jungler, your enemy top solo and your enemy mid.
Sometimes not including the mids.

Its very easy for the whole match up discussion to get extremely convoluted.

Counters to characters may also vary beyond just laning, but team fighting.
Janna "counters" aoe team comps.
But she doesn't (individually) "counter" people in lane (for the most part).

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Lol @ Omni. He may have counterpicks now, but in 2 weeks it will all change again. Unless they are finally stabilizing on their changes.

Also, Lee sin. He was always good and that was mostly due to his mobility. He's an assassin that has two gap closers. Champs like Xin, Leblanc, Talon, Jax all have jump-to-you moves. Lee Sin and Akali have multiple. People are just frustrated with those mechanics, hence why these champs are getting the ban hammer in ranked.

I'd like to see how those two champs do in tournament play, compared to solo q domination.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Because match ups aren't simple.

In a solo queue environment, your top match up is based on your top solo, your jungler, your mid, your enemy jungler, your enemy top solo and your enemy mid.
Sometimes not including the mids.

Its very easy for the whole match up discussion to get extremely convoluted.

Counters to characters may also vary beyond just laning, but team fighting.
Janna "counters" aoe team comps.
But she doesn't (individually) "counter" people in lane (for the most part).
You're overcomplicating things. There are, without a doubt, champions that completely counter other champions. Teemo vs. Nasus was recently mentioned. You don't have to go ridiculously in-depth and rank the matchup between Teemo and EVERY SINGLE CHAMPION, that'd be silly.

jpak

Smash Lord
You're overcomplicating things. There are, without a doubt, champions that completely counter other champions. Teemo vs. Nasus was recently mentioned. You don't have to go ridiculously in-depth and rank the matchup between Teemo and EVERY SINGLE CHAMPION, that'd be silly.
why do you love teemo v nasus
anyways nasus can just switch lanes. doesn't really since matter you're only looking at one lane. if one lane is all that matters then ok sure

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol @ Omni. He may have counterpicks now, but in 2 weeks it will all change again. Unless they are finally stabilizing on their changes.

Also, Lee sin. He was always good and that was mostly due to his mobility. He's an assassin that has two gap closers. Champs like Xin, Leblanc, Talon, Jax all have jump-to-you moves. Lee Sin and Akali have multiple. People are just frustrated with those mechanics, hence why these champs are getting the ban hammer in ranked.

I'd like to see how those two champs do in tournament play, compared to solo q domination.
I disagree, I think it's their potential for massive damage that makes people worry.

akali does well, lee sin not so much
Yeah Lee's not done so hot lol.

Lee Sin actually has a very ugly record in tournament games, lol.

Akali's on the other hand is very good.
Although I haven't seen much of Akali having to deal with harder lane MU's. Not much Garen or Pantheon or etc floating around top for her.

john!

Smash Hero
I just remember during the days of elementz' tier list rage how all those tier ones were considered "uncounterable" or some crazy lulsy stuff.

More so was the case of "Shaco, Ezreal and Kayle" that people were like NO COUNTERS *RAGE*.
you forgot about a certain yordle scientist who always took mid tower within 15 minutes and was impossible to kill without a coordinated 5-man gank

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
@DMG - Yeah, for some reason they never want to pick her hard counters on top lane. And even when they do get Lee Sin, they still shove him in the jungle when he could just go top and ruin Akali's day.

jpak

Smash Lord
Dignitas baited the other teams into a lot of picks. Other teams had to ban talon or pick talon even though they don't really play it well because scarra's talon is really good. None of the teams vs dignitas play garen regularly except crs but dignitas didn't even need to use akali for that team. You don't put Lee in lane when you don't have a player that is confident laning with him.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Lee numbers are just bad because Rambo's not playing in tournies anymore.

Mogwai how are you building Galio these days?
I mostly wing it, but it usually looks like early Chalice + Philo + HoG -> Deathcap. Banshee's is really important in some games and you rush it in those, but in other games you don't need to have that shield to prevent Udyr from bear stunning you or Garen from decisive striking you out of your ult. People seem to be under the impression that Galio needs to be like 100% tank, but if you've ever seen a Galio with deathcap put bulwark on himself, you'll know that's bull**** :p. Still, sometimes I'll get tanky stuff post-deathcap, and other times I'll just get Zhonya's or Abyssal or Void Staff. Bulwark is just such bull****, I swear to god that skill is OP as ****.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Galio farms hard enough that you don't really need the G/10 items, but I build him with the same mindset that I build Irelia, which is that even though I'm gonna farm like a boss anyway, I want all the expensive items in the game for late game, so I should build my economy in every way that I can.

I've kinda stopped buying SV on everyone nowadays. It feels a bit overnerfed to me. It does have a lot of good synergy with Galio, but I'm a bit too obsessed with big ticket items atm.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Almost always mercs, with sprinkles of tabi and sorcs. The nice thing about Galio is that mercs sorta double as offensive boots too due to his passive, though sorcs still outperform them offensively by a decent bit. meh, I dunno, it's really hard to justify sorcs over mercs on Galio because it's rare that they'll have that little CC and not force you into Tabi, and if they do have CC, it's so much better to consolidate your tenacity onto your boots.

tarmacker

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'm still not sold on dodge because of the random factor. Do you run standard mpen/armor or dodge/mres runes? What about quints? I'm thinking movement, ap, health can all help.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I run:

MPen Marks
4 Dodge Seals + 5 Armor Seals
9 Flat MRes Glyphs (vs. Magic Damage) or 9 Scaling MRes Glyphs (vs. Physical Damage)
3 Flat MRes Quints (vs. Magic Damage) or 3 Flat Armor Quints (vs. Physical Damage)

9/21/0, Flash Teleport. TP mastery not really worth it. Sometimes I feel stupid for not running 9/0/21, but I'm scared of laning without my defensive masteries =3, especially when I feel like it's literally impossible to get shut out of a lane with these specs.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
BTW. I been thinking that Maokai might be able to do very well against Yorick top. Can easily counter-push with the little ******s, and his passive will always be up b/c of the ghoul spam. Not to mention you can wait for him to use his ghoul cycle and then go in for your burst combo on him (which will leave the ghouls behind you due to how twisted advance works.

Plus after a certain point you can insta-clear creep waves, and Q knocks back and slows the ghouls for less auto attack damage.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I have trouble with Maokai late game. In team fights, I just throw my ult, latch onto their carry and q and then I feel like I am pretty useless for a while because of his long cool downs.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
BTW. I been thinking that Maokai might be able to do very well against Yorick top. Can easily counter-push with the little ******s, and his passive will always be up b/c of the ghoul spam. Not to mention you can wait for him to use his ghoul cycle and then go in for your burst combo on him (which will leave the ghouls behind you due to how twisted advance works.

Plus after a certain point you can insta-clear creep waves, and Q knocks back and slows the ghouls for less auto attack damage.
probably true, but honestly, I just go Galio any time I can't think of a counter to a champion in lane. he's so stupidly solid and impossible to deny + it's basically impossible to lose your tower with TP.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I have trouble with Maokai late game. In team fights, I just throw my ult, latch onto their carry and q and then I feel like I am pretty useless for a while because of his long cool downs.
CD on Q is pretty short, should be able to use that repeatedly in a teamfight. Honestly if you jump their carry/squishy right and set them up for your team to kill them, you've already done your job. Also, his ult if well placed can be huge. 20% flat reduction on damage for your team is underrated imo... though I think Maokai as a whole is underrated.

@Mogwai - yeah, due to the nature of Bulwark that's also a very strong counter to Yorick, imo. If you level that up he's gonna be healing you with his harass most likely.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
oh, random thought that I wanna write before I forget to say it:

When playing akali, you want to Q -> wait for Q CD -> hit them -> Q -> hit them. So many stupid *** akalis that I see do **** like Q -> R -> hit immediately, and then end up wondering why decent akalis seem to hit so much harder. Q CD < Q mark duration, so it's all about waiting to go out of your way to trigger the first mark so that you can immediately get the 2nd mark + trigger while you're already on top of them. This isn't just for post 6 too, it's like, at level 3, you want to Q -> lay down cloud when necessary while waiting for Q CD -> waddle up to them and **** their **** up for optimal burst trading.

Top Bottom