• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia - An LoD Mafia game moved to dGames

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
8. Marc - cleared in tom's book?
I can clear 1 player, and it would be by their role, and I'm pretty damn sure that it is Marc. This is why I completely hesitate to lynch Marc.

I think a massclaim is actually a good idea. Besides there being a mafia godfather, steel+ck+teran are totally clear. i can clear one more if we massclaim. imo, then we can decide on the lynch between the other 2. godfather, imo, should not even be an issue, and we should assume they are clear.

my clear-by-their-role might sound kinda vague, but when it happens, you'll see why its like this. it will also explain a lot.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'd like it if Tom gave his explanation on Marc and why Tom would never support his lynch.

edit: ninja'd reading

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Don't put words in my mouth! I invite you to quote me where exactly I said I've visited hilt!

Don't unfairly lead some lynch parade on me please. I was actually asleep when all the revelations happened regarding the lynch btw... I'm on an akward time zone and I have a few current priorities irl - I've been very in and out of this game...
_

(oh and quickly - how exactly would I be able to conduct my own investigations on people? I wouldn't mind checking out a few people myself... difficult to tell if people are always being 100% truthful).

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
So Tom are you suggesting CK give out his full results or that everyone claim what they are?

Marc nothing to add? Just going to throw a vote down?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ok, I am a priest. I cannot be nightkilled, I cannot cast the hammer vote.

I'm claiming, get at me.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
You did ninja as i was slow with my post, but if you could be a tad more specific it'd help out. I don't understand how you know his role or how you can clear by it etc but I guess that's because I don't understand your role.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Teran, as a priest, do you have an extra night action that you arent telling? you could be who im looking for and not marc...

im not saying ck should reveal his results. im saying we should have role claims.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I have no active abilities, I have the passive ability of being immune to nightkills.

Sorry. :(

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
ok well regardless, i think you're clear. doc/nurse both dead, no nightkill last night = bulletproof sounds good to me.

im still looking for the person out there, then.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
1st Official Vote Count:
(1) Kataefi: Marc

(6) Not voting: Tom, Teran17, Crimson King2, §teel, Kataefi, KevinM

With 7 alive, it takes a vote of 4 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for October 29th 11:59PM EST!
If a majority is not reached, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched!
If multiple people have the majority of votes, whoever reached that majority first will be lynched!
If no votes are cast then the game moderator will roll dice!

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Marc's vote isn't really sitting well with me. We didn't discuss anything when he voted.

Marc, reasoning? Are you just going by process of elimination?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Process of elimination indeed.

I'm a Townie, BUT if I die I can change my alliance to Mafia in the next Night if I want to.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Meaning up till now I didn't really care who won (I was confident I could get myself killed), but this close to the end I really want Town to win since they/we have the best odds. ^_^ There's also another reason why you do not want to kill me, but I rather not say yet.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Oh, and I will reveal something myself.

Not last night, but the two nights before that I had a "one-night stand" with someone. We were life-linked those two days, meaning if either of us died so would the other. It was strange to me this happened two times in a row.

I hope that could help something.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That could prove as a vital clue Steel. Of course, if you think it may put a hindrance on our odds then you might want to keep it quiet.

What's your take in it guys?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Well Steel, that is the exact thing I was holding back. Today I'm life-linked to that mysterious ******. =<

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yeah steel i will roleclaim but if i do it before the person who im looking for role claims then i cannot know for sure if it is them or someone cc'ing them pre-emptively. basically, my claim comes with another obv role and i want them to claim first, because if they do it second, it loses all credibility.

right now, marc's claim does NOT match up to what i was looking for. and that is really gay because he said something that i recognized on day 2 and flagged as what i thought was breadcrumbing our connection.

that leaves kevinM and Kat as the possible people, then, and puts Marc back in my lynch pool.

re the one night stand: do you know who your one night stand person was? that could incriminate someone.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Well Steel, that is the exact thing I was holding back. Today I'm life-linked to that mysterious ******. =<
Okay, now we're getting somewhere.

Did you think I would die that day or night so you could just switch to mafia? lol

Also, "mysterious ******"? I'm guessing you know his name?

And tom you know his full role now, so what's up?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Guys, why was I not killed last night?

I thought I would definitely be the target, and so far it seems as there is no more protective roles and that mafia went after teran.

Perhaps the Mafia is someone who we think is actually clear so they thought I'd work on their side?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I honestly haven't got a clue Steel...

As for my role - I'm Eminem the Relapsing Townie. Every odd night I succumb to an addiction of sleeping pills and if I'm targeted on this type of night by cops or other night roles, they will fail. I'm role-proof during these times.

I don't like how I have 1 vote so early on

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
That settles that, then. The only person who has not claimed is Kevin and the role that I know is out there has not claimed, so I'll claim.

I'm Chris Brown, and I used to be the Bad-Boy Serial Killer. On Night 1, someone took my dream role away from me (-_-) and cured me, turning me into a Rehabilitated Townie. This means that there is a Psychiatrist role out there who cured me. With everyone claimed, that makes it KevinM.

I do not want to rush things, but Marc's claim does not sit with me well at all, and Kat's claim sounds believable. Marc's is full of reasons why 'we shouldn't lynch him' - if we do, he will just come back to life; if we do, he will turn into mafia aligned; if we do, he is life-linked to another player. he is suddenly incredibly important to keep around even if hes not valuable. you see what im getting at?

@Steel: I do not want to think that one of your innos is the Godfather and thats why you are still alive. It is entirely possible, but for all intents and purposes, I am shutting it out of my head so that I will not chase ghosts and I won't second guess correct logic and process of elimination. Hunting for the Godfather really just gets town aligned people lynched.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well someone has to be scum...

Thing is, Marc could just have made up his claim since he's obviously cornered, and now he's using a sly tactic to avoid being lynched at all costs.

Iunno, I wanna see what Kevin has to say first.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'm also curious as to why Marc refused to reveal the "one-night stand" part of his "role". How exactly is that so vital that he wouldn't want to reveal it? Especially if he targeted me with the action two nights in a row. Marc is at the top of my list right now.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ok, Marc's latest post changed the flavour of the situation somewhat, but I'm still edgy about him.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Because it's instant win for Mafia if they have an Assassin (a daykill). Unless the guy who goes around bedding people is in fact Mafia, but I don't see why anyone would link themselves to someone in my position.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
As far as scum is concerned, all non mafia are threats and limiting their play by life linking is a sound strategy.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm sure there are 2 more scum left. 3 more left would mean 4 to begin with (including the dead Airgemini), and 4 scum + 3 indys would be ridiculous 7 anti-town, meaning after only 1 night, the townies would equal the non-townies. this also made me think marc's alignment-swap is bull, but i guess if he doesnt come back from the dead like that role normally does, then it wouldnt matter for balance.

the role that becomes scum aligned after death is called a Judas. If they are killed or lynched, it will fail, and they will be notified that they have changed alignments to mafia. They are also called Vampires sometimes, depending on flavor. But they come back to life, and Marc claimed he doesn't.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
That is also another major difference between the judas/vampire and the role you are claiming.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Wait, are you claiming you get a choice to change alignments post death, or are you claiming you get a choice to be life linked??

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm not buying Marc's claim.

FoS: Marc

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I looked back at the PM for mechanics. If I die, I have to PM Xiivi the next Night saying whether I want to keep my current aligment or change sides. This only affects my individual win condition. If the game ends before I can send my choice, I stay Town. You can consider me somewhat independent, but I'm Town and count towards Town's numbers.

Top Bottom