• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia 2 - Game Over & Who won?!

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Apparently the order of night actions favors Mafia. I was hoping the CPR kill would happen regardless, but meh. =/ Same situation as yesterday, can't make a mistake. I really wish Kat wasn't dead. >< By process of elimination, I'll Vote: KEEKEE.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
To elaborate because I'll be away for the next 15 hours or so...

§tarshy: Marc, Tandora, KevinM, Cello_Marl (
)
Tandora: (0)
Not Voting: KEEKEE, §tarshy (
)

The only one who hasn’t taken a hard stance regarding Starshy is KEEKEE, while he was all over the game on Day 1. Even KevinM, who is otherwise a non-factor and close to impossible to judge, has taken action while he could just as easily have been quiet. Looking back I think KEEKEE and Starshy have never interacted much, which is a great strategy for scum, but stands out in a game this small. Let’s also not forget KEEKEE was responsible for the Summoner bandwagon on Day 1. While I have doubts, I can’t make any other vote in good conscience.

KEEKEE

Kirby King|Evil Eye
Ugh Marc you're being played. Sorry if you think it's suspicious that I didn't vote for Starshy before he had so much as made a post D2, but that's because lynching someone so quickly (in mylo, of all times) doesn't make any sense. It leaves a ton of potential discussion on the floor regardless of the flip and I really can't think of a reason I would ever rush a lynch like that.

That said last scum is almost certainly Kevin. Marc you're right that he's been a nonfactor for most of the game, which just makes his D2 play stand out more. First he said you and I were scum. Then, once the Starshy wagon starts up (after everyone except Kevin had said something about him--I know we didn't say much, but still) he decides to hop on that. Dunno about you but that's a bus--he puts Starshy at L-1, knowing that EE and I are too cautious to hammer so early in the Day. And even if we do we're the last ones on the wagon to lynch someone who already has momentum going against him. It literally works out perfectly for him because he incriminates us while giving himself town cred, and since he's only one mislynch away from a victory losing Starshy doesn't matter.

To address your other points I can't remember anything at all that Kevin's said about Starshy until he put him at L-1 (which, again, is why I think the vote sticks out--he's voting for someone in mylo whom he hasn't even said anything about up to that point). Also as a point of comparison I don't think EE or I have had much to say about Kevin either, other than when I responded to a question you asked about him. And then, yeah, we pushed a Summoner lynch D1. I think we've explained why pretty well already, but Kevin said nothing a whole 48 hours before deadline (and that was just to say he was going to read up soon)--and his vote was still on Cello when Day ended.

Lastly, strictly speaking we should no lynch. Doubt anyone's going to go for that given how reckless the D2 lynch was but it's the smart play.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Kevin's play this whole game has not sat well with me. His entire tone is different. Being quiet is not new for him, but being generally more friendly and polite rather than trash talking is. Reading his posts have a "let's work together guys" attitude instead of "Just do it because I'm right". It's a scum tell.

His post saying he was voting for me because he didn't know me is just an outright lie. I looked over Disney again and he voted against me and even pushed for me with the intent to get votes for another target.

For me, it's a flip between Marc and Kevin, but I sincerely believe it's Kevin.

Vote Kevin

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Unvote

KEEKEE: Your last post was incredibly convincing (no sarcasm). Part of the reason I was so quick to vote is because I really needed a good response out of you after a quiet Day 2.

I've thought about the game a lot in the past Day, but I just need more time that we don't have. Small games like this are often decided by a single move (Mafia busing one another, an unfortunate death etc) and the terrible TERRIBLE first Day put us in a bad position that's almost impossible to recover from. I would've pushed for Kevin's lynch because of inactivity regardless of what he did or didn't do if we had another Day, but the situation is what it is.

I'm debating whether I should vote No Lynch or just vote Kevin. If another player is eliminated the odds of getting it right will increase, but this is not a strict gamble and I highly doubt my opinion will change anymore. I also really hate how he has coasted through the game so far, something that should never be tolerated. If Kevin is scum, I foresee him killing KEEKEE and leaving me with Tandora, who he might persuade to vote for me considering she has been suspicious of me since the beginning.

Vote: KevinM

KEEKEE's last post made sense and if it's Tandora, she simply outplayed me and everyone else. Kevin, if you are Town KEEKEE will hammer and you only have your own inactivity to blame.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 3 Ends & Night 3 Begins!

Day 3 Vote Count 1:
KEEKEE: (0)
KevinM: Tandora, Marc, KEEKEE (
)
Marc: (0)
No Lynch: KevinM (
)
Tandora: (0)
Not Voting: (0)

KevinM, Vanilla Villager has been lynched!

Night 3 Actions are due April 16, 2010 11:59PM EST.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Night 3 Ends & Game Over!

Tandora
, Vanilla Villager has been killed!

Marc
, Vanilla Villager has been endgamed!

KEEKEE, Howlin' Wolf, Werewolf has survived!

KEEKEE & §tarshy, Werewolves, win!

i dont want this posted

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Congratulations to KEEKEE and Starshy.

Starshy, keep killing people suspicious of you. These people want to feel clever, so their natural instinct is to go one step ahead without considering any other possibility. Don't worry about their game advancing.

Kat, I apologize for killing you, but I'm not sorry.

Summoner, there was no reason for you to have given up the way you did. Don't do that again.

Kirby King, "too much risk and too little reward i think" was pretty much exactly what I thought.

Marc, I needed to know how you thought so I could make a clear judgment call on you. I'm cutting everything else I wanted to say because I don't want to leave on a bad note.

That's that, then. Goodbye.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
it's absolutely fine cello I would have gone for tanny/one of the quieter players I reckon so in hindsight you made a good choice!

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Very well played, KEEKEE. I should have went with my original case, but you really did convince me in the end and quite frankly I wanted the game to be over. Moving into another Day would not have changed my decision (would probably be you, me, Kevin) because I simply favour people who actually play. Had you opted to leave Tandora in, you would have just voted me out together, so you really were holding all the cards. Bit disappointed with how quiet Starshy was (a hydra that has problems keeping up activity?), but you played with honor and knew what to say at the right time. Mafia definitely deserved the win after all the bad play on Town's part, Starshy only died because he went quiet and people were hoping for a lucky break.

Cello: The only thing I hold against you is killing Kataefi, it put Town in an extremely bad position numberwise we couldn't recover from anymore. I gave you a hard time for that, but there's no real way to sugarcoat it. You were right about Starshy and Tandora though and I wonder who you'd have shot N2. I was just as guilty of our Townie vs Townie quarrel as you were, which I will take into account if we end up in the same game again. I'm not flawless either (I'm disappointed/angry with myself for losing) and the role you had was a difficult one, but I do believe the decision you made was too risky. I probably wouldn't have used the role at all in at least N1. On a sidenote, a hydra of you and me would be legendary.

Kevin: You should have played the ****ing game. Had you made any attempt to post and reason Town might still have been able to win. No one had any idea what you were thinking. I know you're done with SWF and all that, but this is a pretty bad way to go out.

As for the setup:
I will repeat my point from the last game and say that hydras are incredibly hard to get a read on. I think I was irked by the EE part and manipulated by the KiKi part, under the assumption that EE was the aggressive part and KiKi was the thoughtful part, who continuously made amends for what the aggressive part did (something I've been afraid of since I first heard about the hydra idea). Lynching Starshy happened mostly because they were so quiet, had they made more of a defense they might have gotten away with it too. You can't really beat two people behind one account if they're the ones with absolute certainty about alignments. I still don't see a good reason to have hydras, basically. Too bad the all hydra Mafia experiment was muddied by my next point.

A Vigilante type role in a small game I prefer not to have, because it's a ridiculous impact one player can make. In this case, it made it so Town was only afforded one mislynch. I had pretty much given up the game after that, especially since we couldn't punish the unknown factor (Kevin) for his inactivity anymore. The setup was kind of interesting, but the way it played out couldn't have been worse for Town.

Xiivi, thanks for hosting. I think I have one more game left in me.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
MARSHYYYYYYYYY

cello i was considering killing you cuz you were suspicious of me but switched to hando after kiki/steel pointed out you seemed trusting of keekee. it felt wrong to deviate from how i roll. i will miss you and the method to your madness

marc your scumhunting was pretty good. im glad you played

nice turnaround tanny. i thought you were unlynchable d2

ee/kiki/steel uh my bad about the poor n1/d2 communication. i was enjoying the end of my spring break and it was hard to coordinate on aim and hey i log on and im dead urghggh not enough time to figure out the right play

speaking of which thats why i was inactive earlier

i still dunno how i feel about playing with hydras. dont think id play another game where there were other hydras

lol ee i wanted so bad to scheme with you over aim

i enjoyed the contrast of the disney girls and man-eating kirby

good game. but too emotional

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
1) Cello_Marl

You became too tunnel-visioned on Marc. By the time §tarshy flipped, your order should have been KEEKEE>KevinM/Marc not Marc>KEEKEE/KevinM. You used your power in anticipation of stopping a mislynch, which isn't a bad usage. However, you should have put more stock into hitting scum. Your meta of my rule addition to Newbie 6 was funny, and if you want me to explain the rule in greater detail please ask via PM.

2) Handorin

Both §tarshy and SummonerAU were at L-3 when you put your vote on SummonerAU, which really decided the D1 lynch. While SummonerAU was rude and abrasive, his end of the day play was remarkably townie and the case against §tarshy was legit. Also following a fellow clear on a wagon is great for narrowing lynch pools.

3) Kataefi

You did a great job during this game, despite the fact you were wrong. Keep playing the way you do, it's excellent.

4) KEEKEE (Kirby King/Evil Eye)

Very good coordination between you two despite the contrasting playstyles. I enjoyed watching you play and how seriously you took this game. I was very happy that you played to your fullest and your effect did pay off.

5) KevinM

I wasn't a fan of your activity, but your blatant posting hours after the night phase began showed me a lack of proper respect for this game that I am not happy with.

6) Marc

Your D1 play was really a complete mess in my opinion. Your case on Cello relied too much on meta, and your frustration with him allowed you to spend a lot of the day side-tracked. Your comments towards him did get too venomous at points and you should tone it down. However, I was very happy with how well you pulled everything together on D2. At that point you not only pinned the team, but also lead the lynch, and looked convincingly town.

7) §tarshy (§teel/Marshy)

Your playstyle was drastically different than from your previous game, and with all the metagaming flying around, I'm surprised you weren't called out for it more. You wasted too much time plotting once D2 had begun, and should have focused more on getting something out there than both conversing with each other and with KEEKEE.

8) SummonerAU

You did waste a lot of time D1, but you should definitely have not given up when you did. You had time left, and when you finally did pull your act together you really put a lot of good information out there. Hopefully this shows you that you should never give up, and hopefully it shows you that you are a good player when you aren't busy messing around.

9) Tandora

You received a lot of pressure and heat from your opening post. A lot of the things against you really were more victimization than scum-hunting, so don't feel bad about things and just continue to go with the flow. You did do a good job explaining yourself despite others being tunneled. Although you were wrong in the end, it's still a valuable learning experience to put more stock in Vote Counts & Connections as opposed to metagaming.

Set-Up:

This set-up's goal was to see how players handled a large amount of information in a relatively small game. From the very start of the game there was a clear player, limiting the lynch pool of all other town-players to 2/7. There was also potential for the CPR Sorcerer to claim and serve as another clear; allowing town players to have a 2/6 lynch pool.

At the start of D2, there were three town-aligned players dead, and a confirmed town-aligned player alive out of 6. Meaning for other townies, there was a 2/4 lynch pool. This is a very hard position for scum to be in.

Sadly, a lot of stock was not placed on the clears as there should have been. The SummonerAU lynch had 3 dead townies on it; so there should have been a definite focus on the two remaining players (which happened to both be scum in this case). The same applies for the §tarshy lynch. KEEKEE was the only surviving unconfirmed player both on the mislynch and off the scum lynch. Fears of bussing shouldn't have appeared until the MYLO/LYLO situation as opposed to general consensus being Cello_Marl shoot Marc.

There were good and bad things; but this helps show me that the complaints I've heard from other about town needing constant flips (and thus roles creating no-reveal are detrimental) are going to be falling on deaf ears as constant information isn't as valuable as people make it out to be.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
6) Marc

Your D1 play was really a complete mess in my opinion. Your case on Cello relied too much on meta, and your frustration with him allowed you to spend a lot of the day side-tracked. Your comments towards him did get too venomous at points and you should tone it down. However, I was very happy with how well you pulled everything together on D2. At that point you not only pinned the team, but also lead the lynch, and looked convincingly town.
The thing is that I did pick up something from Cello that was out of the ordinary, it just was the wrong thing. =[ I think I mentioned somewhere in the topic that my life was a bit hectic just before and during Day 1. This isn't an excuse, but it clearly spilled into some of the comments I made. I'm an intuitive player and take the game very seriously, so I was really upset with Cello threatening to shoot me all the time and then shooting someone I really believed was Town (Kat). I don't think anyone disagrees that was a bad decision, but I could have been nicer about it, I guess. I'm pleased with my personal D2, but I didn't seem Town enough to convince at least Tandora, so I knew we were in a bad spot regardless of the Starshy lynch. I was convinced KEEKEE was #2 for most of D2 and early D3, but he handled the pressure well and I really was torn between them and Kevin when I put my final vote down. When in this much doubt, I typically choose in favour of the person who actually plays the game, but even if I had stayed on my case against KEEKEE, I was more likely to get lynched. The case I had against KEEKEE wasn't enough, I really wish we would have had another Day.

I enjoyed the game by the way. It was on the emotional side, but these games often are.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I Am Impressed With This Site's Committed Playerbase.

I Am Also Angry With This Site's Committed Playerbase.

Edit: I am also impressed and angry with this site's all-caps filter.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
*SHRUGS* never refreshed sorry I showed lack of respect by falling asleep and then just hitting quick reply when I woke up.

Don't really care, town never deserved to win this game we all played bat **** awful but then again welcome to swf mafia where if the bigger players don't ****ing make essay long posts then no one ****ing looks at it and won't do **** for themselves.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
*SHRUGS* never refreshed sorry I showed lack of respect by falling asleep and then just hitting quick reply when I woke up.

Don't really care, town never deserved to win this game we all played bat **** awful but then again welcome to swf mafia where if the bigger players don't ****ing make essay long posts then no one ****ing looks at it and won't do **** for themselves.
You know, Kevin, if you had bothered to make a post like this during the game, I would have known you were town.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
nice turnaround tanny. i thought you were unlynchable d2
Thanks, Marshy.

I felt awkward posting about how upset I had gotten. Heck, I felt awkward being upset, but I realized that my personal life was bleeding into the game and that wasn't good for anyone.

I'm glad I took the break and I'm glad I stayed in the game. A little bitter over losing b/c I felt we were actually really close to winning despite the bad start. Haven't won a mafia forum yet. =(

I think I learned a bit from this game and hope I'll be able to use it successfully in the future.

Good game all.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I don't know what to do as 100% clear. I have nothing to prove. I can just vote.

and it ruins my scumputation.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
And now with time to breath between my last two finals, some thoughts. All from memory and super vague, just the way you like it.

Hando: You could have been a juggernaut in this game. You've played metric funktons of mafia, so being a 100% clear townie should have been an advantage. Not a hinderance. So what if you have nothing to prove? That should have saved you time, since you're such a nightmare to read as town.

Also KiKi called Hando being the ILG in pregame. I really don't understand how it happened. But it did.

Cello: Carrying useful meta from one game to another is one thing but carrying baggage from one game to another is a whole other kettle of fish. If you actually deliberatly vig'd what you saw as a VI based on play in another game... that's not very good play, man. Trying to vig scummy players would make a lot more sense, I would think, especially since there's the added benefit that an inactive or scummy person would be, for WIFOM reasons, a great nightkill target. Thus, you could have ended up with a clear, too. Or you could have ended up zapping a scummy player/player likely to be mislynched.

Anyways we were really hoping you would zap someone on N1 so we kill kill Hando so thanks for that I guess.

Kevmooooolicious: Sorry you had to get styled in rapid succession in two games. *collar at maximum level of popped* Nah but in all seriousness if you were a little more on the ball with the activity you could have ran this game like Blackbeard. It's funny, but when you said lynch Starshy zap KEEKEE I felt this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach and I was like son of a ***** Starshy is our scumbuddy isn't he. Felt completely cornered there so good show.

I had a buncha stuff to say as I thought it was for sure gonna go for the No Lynch endgame knife fight on the roof of a speeding train. I forget all of it by now, but I'm sure it would have been a fun battle and I hope to play again with you sometime, man.

Marc: Your scumhunting was great and your misfires of suspicion were completely understandable. And I wouldn't feel too bad about coming off us for a lot of reasons. The main one of course is that I pushed the Summoner lynch and had absolutely no idea what his allignment was. Toward the end I got glimmers of townieness, but eh. As town I'd still have wanted him dead. And as town I wouldn't have quicklynched Starshy (or anyone). I'm vehemently anti-quicklynch in general, much less in a small game and even less so in a small game's mylo. That was an interesting predicament to be in.

Anyways, beyond that, Kiki and I went over every mundane thing you could possibly think of for every post from D2 onwards. Like, literally everything. The convincing post that elicited the Kevmo vote originally stated with "Sigh. Blah blah blah." We debated for a while about whether "Sigh" was too much. Kiki then suggested "Ugh Marc you're being played", and we went on and on about the intricacies of whether to use a little indignance and how much. I swear to god we spent like fifteen minutes alone just talking about what monosyllabic grunt to start the post with, it's some kind of hilarious.

Also Cello_Marc is the funniest hydra name I've heard in a while.

Summoner: I still have no idea what you were attempting and am still confused by why you agreed with a post that went to great lengths to call you a liar and so forth, which I did mean then and now. You shaped up eventually but it a drop in ... the universe. Had you just played an actual game from the start, even if you were tunneliciously convinced of Cello's guilt, things wouldn't have gone nearly as awry. Sometimes you have to throw in the towel on a gambit, preferably sometime before the cookie jar lid comes down hard on your wrist. Yeah biznatches, EE likes his metaphors like his women -- mixed.

Tando: I don't really have much to say. Good show on clearing yourself the way you did. It's funny, Kiki and I actually both thought you were still suspicious as hell on D2, and coming into D2 you were my pick for our scumbuddy. The only thing that really dismissed it for me was the forthright nature of the way you defended us. I dunno, that was some Jedi stuff, made our job a lot harder than it could have been. I'd avoid "diving board" stances like the one you took between Summoner and Cello, though, that could have had explosive backfire. If Cello got lynched you'd be the first person I'd have gone after D2, certain I'd have discovered the best way to accidentally bus someone.

Mashad: I know you aren't reading this but thanks for the dancing ninja gif. That was a serious emergency and I could never have found a more perfect victory dance on my own. (I actually did try, and fail, to find the Thriller zombies)

Thanks to Xivii for hosting and stuff.

Top Bottom