• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab your tinfoil hats! Paranormal & Creepypasta thread.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
My brother encountered a dark figure in his bedroom in the middle of the night.
He would never lie to me about stuff like that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I was in high school I saw a shadowy figure moving along the walls and roof, while I was in a nearly pitch black room

I decided to close my eyes and focus on the radio. I thought to myself "Focus on the radio, focus on the radio" then the radio shut off. I immediately left the room

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
Obviously this is the internet, and you have no reason to believe me. But this is a true story.

So I'm really young, maybe like 4th grade. I spent the night at my aunt and uncle's house with my cousin. I feel asleep and slept fine that night. All I know is that in the morning, my cousin comes down for breakfast. We're all sitting around the table, and he sees his mom cooking. The first thing out of his mouth is, "Mommy, who was the tall man with the red eyes staring at me last night?"

Now he was too young to be joking about **** like that, I believe. I just sat there, wide-eyed.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How can you not stand /x/?

Ignore what you don't enjoy, and find the gold that's there, because there's a lot.

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
I try my best to avoid 4chan altogether tbh. /mu/ is decent I guess, but only for the share threads.

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
I won't lie, I've gotten some pretty good recs from that place, but I will have no part in this "who listens to the most obscure music" circlejerking, like music is supposed to be a ****ing social capital or something. And the way they tained In the Aeroplane Over the Sea with their ****ty jokes and memes... goddamn.

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
Would Astral Projecting fit under this thread? If you all are willing to discuss it, what are your opinions on it? Have you tried it? Have you any stories?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Astral Projection is definitely paranormal. Personally I've had only a mild interest in it. For some, it comes naturally, but most of us have to undergo a lot of practice to achieve it. I've personally never tried though. I'm more of a lucid dreamer, and I have successfully lucid dreamed. It's just never really... intentional?

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
Astral Projection is definitely paranormal. Personally I've had only a mild interest in it. For some, it comes naturally, but most of us have to undergo a lot of practice to achieve it. I've personally never tried though. I'm more of a lucid dreamer, and I have successfully lucid dreamed. It's just never really... intentional?
I've lucid dreamed as well, though it wasn't intentional.

Also, as for Astral Projecting, it always just seemed dangerous to me. If it is legitimate, I don't think it'd be worth the risk. Obviously it's probably a one-of-a-kind experience, but I wouldn't do it. I was also thinking that Remote Viewing is similar to Astral Projecting.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I've had my fair share of weird happenings. Sometimes I think maybe there could be other reasons why things happened, but other times I am not so sure.

I was about 4 and still living in Taiwan. There was a 4-story house we lived in there at the time. I slept on the second floor with grandma and the dogs. There was a Japanese-style room with sliding paper screens we slept in, complete with a bathroom. Outside across the floor was the kitchen. Anyways, I went out for a drink of water in the middle of the night. I slid open the door and closed it, then walked through the partial room divides into the kitchen. I thought I saw something like smoke or mist in the room since it was a bit foggy, lingering near the ceiling. I turned on the lights and there was no smoke or mist or fog or anything. I had my water and turned the lights back off, preparing to go back to the room. There was no more odd fog near the ceiling. But, I turned toward the dark staircase going up to the 3rd floor and I saw the smoke/fog again, slowly creeping down the stairway. It was very strange because it was as though it was following the wall rather than the steps or the floor. I freaked out and went back into the room really fast.

About 6 years ago I returned to Taiwan to see my distant family and my father. I lived in that same room for a week of the stay. The Japanese room was very dank and the closet was dusty, the bathroom was full of rust, and the paper screen was full of holes. The window had rusted shut and there were lizards in the bathroom. Smoke stains were on the ceiling above the bed. I was very uncomfortable living there for some reason, so I stayed with my uncle the rest of the month.

I went back to Taiwan this last Christmas and got in contact with my cousins who used to live in the same house as me when I was small. I also visited the bedroom again. It was largely unchanged other than the fact my dad had replaced the paper screens so that there weren't any more holes. I took pics and asked my cousins what they remembered about the room. They were a bit spooked and told me that they thought that house was haunted. They told me this following story:

My cousins (they are sisters) invited a friend over. These two were in the bedroom on the third floor. Nobody lived up on the fourth floor since that is where our family shrine is. They heard their friend's car pull up front and thought she would be up to the room shortly. There was (and still is) and automatic steel shutter in front of the entrance. The friend had the remote for the shutter, so she opened it. My cousins could hear the shutter opening, then closing. Many minutes passed and they began to wonder what their friend was doing, but they did not go down. Nearly 20 minutes later, the friend arrived on the third floor and my cousins asked her what took her so long. The friend claimed to have encountered a relative of my cousins on the second floor near the bedroom and felt it would be polite to greet her, so they apparently ended up having a nice lively chat.

My cousins lived there alone at the time with nobody other than my dad, who also lived on the third floor. My cousins had been home all day. My dad was NOT home at the time and there were no other guests over. The bedroom on the second floor was NOT occupied by anyone. The relative that the friend claimed to have talked to was FEMALE. Nobody had any idea who this person the friend chatted with was. They went downstairs on their way out of the house and there was no sign of anyone. To this day, they do not know who that person was. My cousins have refused to go back to that house ever since.

At first, I wondered if the friend was lying. I later discovered on this last trip (after showing the picture of the Japanese room) that this friend of my cousins was actually my girlfriend (she is not any longer, though). And they are actually still close friends. She told me the same story my cousins did. She told me that the 'relative' introduced herself as such but did not clearly state how she was related to my cousins. Since my cousins still have their mom and grandmas, my girlfriend (now my ex) was not sure how she could have been related to my cousins. Unless the strange lady was of earlier lineage than the grandmother.....

Everyone was pretty spooked just talking about it, so I didn't pry further. But they all agreed that something weird really did happen in that house that night. I personally love that Japanese room to death. It's never too hot or cold in there, and it has the potential to be a beautiful room. There's even a nice mural on the wall. I think it just needs some restoration. But I'm going to have second thoughts if I'm supposed to stay there again when I go back for another visit.

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
You must not have been the first person to like the room then :p Interesting story.I'm certain my aunt's and uncle's house is haunted. I think there are multiple presences in that house.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Just had my first encounter with a shadow person. It was kreay.

Me and my friend were longboarding (Technically I was skateboarding, but minor details) down a relatively lively street. We made it to the end of the street, and my board is a piece of ****, so I had to stop and walk anyhow while she uploaded some videos of me ****ing around onto instagram. We're sitting standing next to one another, when we both notice, for some reason, a person standing under a lamppost about two blocks down. Weird, but again we were in a neighborhood, and it's also next to a large park so people are around. Well the person takes off on the opposite side of the street as us. We both assume he's boarding by how his shadow moves.... only he isn't there. It's only a shadow... moving extremely fast... and making no noise... and not a human shape. The shadow was two blocks away, and past us in probably three seconds. We both knew something was up. No explanation.

It was really crazy, honestly

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
Just had my first encounter with a shadow person. It was kreay.

Me and my friend were longboarding (Technically I was skateboarding, but minor details) down a relatively lively street. We made it to the end of the street, and my board is a piece of ****, so I had to stop and walk anyhow while she uploaded some videos of me ****ing around onto instagram. We're sitting standing next to one another, when we both notice, for some reason, a person standing under a lamppost about two blocks down. Weird, but again we were in a neighborhood, and it's also next to a large park so people are around. Well the person takes off on the opposite side of the street as us. We both assume he's boarding by how his shadow moves.... only he isn't there. It's only a shadow... moving extremely fast... and making no noise... and not a human shape. The shadow was two blocks away, and past us in probably three seconds. We both knew something was up. No explanation.

It was really crazy, honestly
I usually only catch glimpses of shadow people, like a foot or arm. It's not surprising that it was in motion. In my experience, they tend to do that when you look at them.

Some have actually theorized that shadow people are people from the future watching us, but they leave some kind of footprint behind - the shadow.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Would Astral Projecting fit under this thread? If you all are willing to discuss it, what are your opinions on it? Have you tried it? Have you any stories?
I've researched lucid dreaming and astral projection via the Internet. I've been attempting some techniques for lucid dreaming and I've gotten no results thus far. These altered experiences feel weird whenever I attempt or experience them, and I think the fact that I refuse to succumb to them and not remind myself of my safety is holding me back. But I'll keep trying with everything I know. I also tried binural beats for it while lying in bed. I found myself peeking around my room from supposed noises and 'auras' I perceived. After listening for a while, I removed my headphones and heard a static-y noise that lasted for a while and it felt trippy.

@Shortiecanbrawl: Do you remember how vivid your lucid dreams are? Like, if I were to look at an object while I was awake, would it appear clear and palpable? What techniques did you do to get into the lucid state? Oh, and what do you mean by not 'intentional'?

I believe I came close to astral projection and I have experienced sleep paralysis many times. I remember taking a nap in my bed around noon and after around 1 hour, I felt suddenly aware and I could feel a heavy vibration throughout my body. I knew I was close to the state, but the unfamiliar feeling made me nervous and a bit frightened. So if I were to escape my body, my frequency would be low and my emotional vibes would make negative entities manifest. As for sleep paralysis, my most recent episode happened when I feel asleep on the den couch at my second residence. I think I sensed an intruder from my side behind me.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not intentional means I didn't lucid dream on purpose, it just happens. Usually it happens when I meditate before bed. Lucid dreams / Sleep Paralysis / Meditating into sleep all are closely related for me.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I lucid dream very often, but I'm afraid that I can't really give advice. It just comes naturally to me. I HAVE heard that keeping a dream journal helps out a lot, though.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Sorry if I come off a bit mush-headed when it comes to certain topics in this thread.

I have a Dream Journal within my phone's Notepad. But sense that got busted in a fit of rage I haven't been able to catalog through it and have a quick way to record the details when most fresh. Not to say there aren't alternatives available. I remember the most vivid images projected from my mind that were recorded.

While you two may be naturalized lucid dreamers, I unfortunately have to keep up the faculty of a skill. My main obstacle is the sensations I get when I feel that I'm approaching a lucid or sleep-paralyzed state. Dunno if anyone here could describe what it feels like before lucidity, but it's like I feel my body and/or awareness drifting or going numb. Any way to deal with it?

Urielhelix

Smash Cadet
Well I have a lot of stories but the only one that scared the crap out of me!

I was dreaming and it was very vivid. I was in the back of the theater and with a bunch of friends. slowly I got up kept talking to every one as we were leaving but when you turn to leave there were more stairs going down. got to the bottom and this small door opened up in to a small clammy room with a dark hole in the corner. I was drawn to it. I went closer and closer until I was starting to put my head in it. just I was about all in I felt a finger in my mouth and I opened my eyes and I had a long white hand in my mouth pulling me to the corner of my room and I was up in the air. I looked right to see my body still sleeping and I tried to get the hand out of my mouth and right when I did I shot back to my body sat up in tears and ran out in to my living room not knowing what the **** just happened.

I switch apt after that...

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
For anyone who's looking to lucid dream, meditate before bed, I've noticed that keeps my head "clear" in dreams and I can pick up on details that let me know I'm dreaming, easier.

Those details are: Text that doesn't say anything. Unreal products/things (Like weird foods at stores), and general whackyness.

CommunistWillyWonka

Smash Rookie

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
A friend of mine learned to exploit the finite qualities of his mind to tell if he is dreaming. While the real world has complexity beyond our normal faculty of perception, our minds tend to "fill in" details that it hopes we won't notice (much like in video games). He first discovered this when he had a dream that he was in a store and didn't know if he was dreaming, so he checked the serial number on a seemingly reasonable DVD case and found only 0's. I believe in another dream he was in a library and found only 0's for the dewey decimal markings on the books.

As for me, I've had almost complete control over all of my dreams for as long as I can remember. I just seem to "know" I guess. My dreams almost always seem to be set in spatially incomplete realms or utilize broken physics so I guess that could be a contributing factor...

Urielhelix

Smash Cadet
I know what you mean, the other day I could tell if i was dreaming but there was a floating eye ball in the sky so i jumped up to it. If thats not a clue i don't know what is. XD

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Haha, yes. The first dream I figured out i could control things was when I was five or so. While trying to do an obstacle course (I think it was based off one of the tracks from a Speed Racer episode) I got thrown into a pit of lava. Rather than waking up, I swam to the edge and got out. I figured if I could define death then it would be easy to try and change other things.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of just stop the dream, say "no, that's not how it happened" and redo the dream from a previous part but different

Morphine

Smash Cadet
Holy **** I'm on /x/ all the time and I recognize half of these posts. shortie... That story is wild and I've yet to see it on /x/ so id suggest posting it. It's really good.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Growing up in my parents' house, I always felt the presence of a female ghost. She would lure me. Once, she spoke my name. I've had many surreal experiences, but this was crystal. I could not see her, but sitting on the garage floor priming a couple masonite boards with white paint, a woman's voice whispered my name, a cold touch brushed from my left to right shoulder. I leapt into the air and darted into the house, slamming and locking the garage door and at the end of our long kitchen, I sat, awaiting that door to open. I had never felt such inexplicable fear before in my life. I was convinced the handle would jangle, unlock, open, and she would step into the kitchen. Of course, nothing happened.

For a long while, I had a difficult time discerning between my own shadow (as opposed to my ego, not my physical shadow) and a separate shadow person. I've had many bad dreams, but few nightmares and even fewer night terrors. The latter pits me against my shadow. My utmost dread incarnate as complete darkness. As I learned about "Shadow People", I attributed my own shadow to their kind. As I've worked to overcome various facets of darkness within myself, the frequency of nightmares has diminished and the presence of my shadow illuminated. I know quite a bit about Djinn from the traditional Islamic perspective, and while attributes may be shared with the modern conception of Shadow People, I know not if they are the same. I tried to convince myself that I had been haunted by a Djinn or Shadow Person throughout my life.

I will say this: when I was 13-14 years old, I grew particularly malicious towards my brother, cousins, and various friends. My cruelty led me into a deep despair, for I would hate myself for many years. This hatred became the shadow of my dreams. These dreams were always in hyper-realistic locations, usually in my parents' house but sometimes elsewhere. Physics and detail were pristine; everything was in place and aside from the desaturation of the world, there was no delineation between dream and reality. Even upon waking I would question whether it happened or not. In this dark world everyone slept—except the rare instances that I would cross my cat or dog; they would stir and acknowledge me, lying in their favorite places around the house.

The dream is at first serene, quiet. I wander around the house until I notice something just isn't right. The recognition occurs in several ways: I turn and see the shadow, usually standing in a corner or doorway, passing by at times along walls or windows, or sometimes I simply know I'm in the shadow's world and in that moment it manifests. When I see it, I freeze. Fear overtakes my entire body and not even adrenaline can save me. My blood runs cold. Whether I stare at or avert my gaze, the shadow nears, obliterating the light. When it reaches me, my chest compresses and I begin to suffocate. A pressure builds in my head, through my veins, I can hear my heart beating faster, faster, heavier, wheezing for the lungs cannot. It's as if the earth is quaking from within, my ears pop, my vision recedes, and I feel the immense experience that is death.

And then I wake.

I will say this: if there is something within that is clawing at your heart, something you've been hiding, neglecting, loathing... you must get it out. The longer you brew such secrets in darkness, the tighter the bars on your cage will grow. You must vanquish any darkness within yourself if you are to live.

Since I've actively worked to heal myself by illuminating the truth within, my nightmares have mostly diminished to "bad dream" status (wherein they don't wake you), and even then, when I encounter my shadow I know how to overcome it. Last time I saw it, I was wandering through a forested maze and it spun out of darkness like a tornado, standing in my way. I was leading a friend through the maze and said firmly, "don't worry, it's not real, we can pass." It cackled and disappeared. Interestingly, while the maze led us to an open area of rolling hills, we were faced with zombies. The shadow was trying to prevent us from such plight but in doing so, we would have had to turn back to the corrupt Evangelical church from which we fled.

Dreams are most interesting.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just had another dream where I knew it was a dream.

I seem to know my dreams ARE dreams but I don't have any positive influence on them.

I think it's because I want to go through the "story", and see what happens and only have the ability to go back from a point and redo it if I don't like it.

However, I seem to effect it negatively sometimes. In this dream something went wrong, which lead to the death of a bunch of police men and would have been myself as well if I hadn't decided to stop it, at the hands of some kind of bizarre monster.

The funny thing is I calculated in the dream where the monster would be based on what speed I perceived it had and it appeared there, popped right out of behind a corner. Ready to strike me. I don't think it would have actually been there if I hadn't because it seemed to be taking it's sweet time and wasn't interested in me until I actively made it.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
One of the biggest conspiracies right now is the fact that the U.S. government is harassing people with psychotronic technology that makes them hear voices. The Washington Post attempted to expose this back in 2007 with this article.

Mind Games

And then Jesse Ventura covered the MK-ULTRA (CIA's mind control program supposedly halted in the 1970's) style conspiracy in this episode of his show.

What really sent shockwaves throughout the truth seeking community is when DC Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis claimed to be attacked with this same exact tech before going on his horrific shooting spree. Mr. Alexis claimed to be hearing voices, feeling "microware pain" and suffering from severe sleep deprivation. But here's the kicker, even though he claimed these things he somehow kept his security clearance and was allowed to enter the DC Navy Yard to assassinate 12 people.

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
People following the progression of Russian psychotronic (mind control) technology were shocked when it appeared obvious that such tech was used to drive the DC Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis to go on his horrific shooting spree.

Oh, here's an article on Russia's psychotronic objectives.

Putin targets foes with 'zombie' gun which attack victims' central nervous system

Research into electromagnetic weapons has been secretly carried out in the US and Russia since the Fifties. But now it appears Mr Putin has stolen a march on the Americans. Precise details of the Russian gun have not been revealed. However, previous research has shown that low-frequency waves or beams can affect brain cells, alter psychological states and make it possible to transmit suggestions and commands directly into someone’s thought processes.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
I can say that with the utmost certainty that the paranormal does indeed exist. My mother and I are what some would call Witches (not the, "HEHEHEHE, now I curse thee with intestinal distress! Sprinkle Sprinkle!" kind, but rather more of the casting circles and lighting candles kinds) and we've both had our share of paranormal activity, that said, she's experienced more than I have for several reasons, but I've felt presences and the like in my own room before.

Also, I remember hearing about this thing that happened in Japan or Germany involving creating an Elixer of Life while using children as living test subjects. It actually inspired a Vocaloid song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvrv1YZWjRY :3

I also remember an old friend of mine playing a game called Midnight Man. I don't remember all the details, but it goes a bit like so: You wait until around midnight (shocker!); close your bedroom door and move something in front of it (something that you can place stuff on preferably.). Then you get out a piece of paper and write your name on it, then you light a candle right in front of the door, cut your finger and let the blood fall unto the piece of paper with your name on it. Then you turn off ALL the lights and do something... Then you open the door and say, "Time to play, Midnight Man."

After that point, you HAVE to walk around your Room non-stop ftom midnight to 3-5AM, and you'll have wild hallucinations all throughout out the night, and if you stop for any reason, Midnight Man wins, and his prize is you. The worst part is the fact that it's said that even after the night has passed, he never truly leaves you alone, and he's always watching.

The friend I mentioned, was a total CreepyPasta fanatic/lover. XD

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
After that point, you HAVE to walk around your Room non-stop ftom midnight to 3-5AM, and you'll have wild hallucinations all throughout out the night, and if you stop for any reason, Midnight Man wins, and his prize is you. The worst part is the fact that it's said that even after the night has passed, he never truly leaves you alone, and he's always watching.
Well, doesn't that sound fun? I wonder how long until one would tire out and succumb to the hallucinations.

Ah, hallucinations. I haven't experienced one with any of my five senses. Anyone have memories or stories about them?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Want to know an optical illusion?

Godzilla is not green

But you watch godzilla and you see him as green

He's painted Charcoal

Although in Godzilla 2000 he is green, and a couple other Millennium films

It has to do with something integrated into Western thought patterns that lizards are green

Last edited:

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
Well, doesn't that sound fun? I wonder how long until one would tire out and succumb to the hallucinations.

Ah, hallucinations. I haven't experienced one with any of my five senses. Anyone have memories or stories about them?
Ha! Not my cup of tea personally, but I remember that after playing the game, my friend then read about the part where Midnight Man will always be watching and promptly started scrubbing down his room with Holy Water, saying prayers, and I myself recommended that he put a circle of salt around his bed at night. Why someone would play that game, whether they believe in the myth or not, I have NO idea. XD

Hmm... Hallucinations I've experienced? Um... I've never been one to hallucinate, however, I've always had very wild dreams.

Top Bottom