• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab Release Regrab on More Characters

Flayl

Smash Hero
You roll the control stick from diagonal down-back to down, then back to diagonal back-down, then to diagonal front-down and press Grab when it reaches there.

You do this during the end of the grab-release animation, which is when Bowser is bringing his arms down.

Nothing I said is new. Which part of this needs a video?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm just saying some people learn easier via visual means. It helps.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I do agree with Zigsta, because visual aids do help some people. Not everyone can get what you say the first time it's said.

There was a visual BDACUS tutorial video, and after watching it that one time, I was set perfectly.

I mean, I think I have the gist of what I'm supposed to do, but if I don't get it, I'll just...do something.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Tbh I think this could be easier once you get the hang of it; the inputs are faster and more numerous but you have 10 frames instead of 2.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Okay, bad news. You can't buffer this during the end lag of Jab 1, because it cancels into the second jab. Bah.

B!squick

Smash Master
Who needs to buffer? I had the timing down of Jab1 to the point where I could Jab1 > Jab1 as fast as the Jab combo, no crouch canceling involved.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The buffer matters because you would be able to pivot-grab in place and not need the two frames of dashing that makes Bowser slide backwards (which makes him miss).

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I think grab contains the A button that overwrites all buffers because you're in the middle of a Jab sequence, so you'll just do Jab 2.
And of course you can't buffer anything out of a crouch, so no silly things from jab cancel either.
Only saying that out of experience though, so I got no data to support it and of course I might be wrong.

It could work out of jab 2 (it does for Jiggs) but I don't know if Bowser can benefit from it.

PS: that vid is so funny to watch.

B!squick

Smash Master
lol, he thinks it could work out of Jab 2. I don't need to turn my game on to know that that wont work, you silly goose. :p

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
"It could work out of jab 2"
means
"you may be able to buffer it out of jab 2".

"But I don't know if Bowser can benefit from it"
means
"too bad it has knockback, maybe it can be of some use against shields or stuff."

So yeah I've already played Bowser. Thanks for your concern lol.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Buffering something like that out of that when hitting a move on shield?
I don't think you have enough advantage to do anything like that, lol, if you even have advantage.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
@ Flayl Flayl Topic resurrected cause I have a few relevant questions.

If it's not possible to buffer grabs during jab 1 could we instead just buffer the pivot by itself then input grab on frame 1? It might be a bit harder than if we could just buffer the pivot grab but it'd still be a lot easier, and perhaps more usable, than buffering pivots from a ground release right? Will a buffered empty pivot just slide and be useless?

Last edited:
Top Bottom