• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab hits help recover stale moves like any other move?

gr8ape

Smash Apprentice
Am I correct?

meaning, 3 grab hits + the throw itself can actually give back the whole killing power to a diminished move? (or almost)

Tenki

Smash Hero
Yes.

If pummels become stale (and they do), then they should also help recover other moves' placement on the stale moves list.

Though, I've heard rumors that things like holding A for jab combos or pummelling too fast won't count on the stale move list. I haven't tested them myself but I'm inclined to believe that that's not true.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Not all of them. Things like Wolf's pummel only refreshes up to 1 pummel, something that could be related is that only the first grab pummel does 1%, the others do less than 1% damage.

Adapt

Smash Lord
wolf/lucario/samus's pummels only refresh multiple times if you don't do them as fast as possible.

I dunno why this is, but I tested it a long time ago.

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I have a silly question...

with some input that makes a few hits (for example Snake's Nair), will the move count like 4 hits or like 1 hit for the replenish?

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Hello, I have a silly question...

with some input that makes a few hits (for example Snake's Nair), will the move count like 4 hits or like 1 hit for the replenish?
It counts as 1 hit.

And not all pummel hits count, because they CAN miss(as in they have hitboxes)

gr8ape

Smash Apprentice
in any case, moral of the story is if one of your killing moves is diminished and opponent is in ko percentage, get a grab in +pummels

Top Bottom