• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab Bannana and Forward Smash at the Same Time.

Denti

Smash Master

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
yeah but if you hold A you can keep the banana in your hand and fsmash whenever.
But isn't that uncomfortable? I can't really see using my index/thumb to hold a while using the other to smash c-stick whenever. How do you guys do it comfortably?

Also, when you have the item in your hand, can you smash in any direction while holding the item?

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
I think I might be doing it wrong because whenever I hold A and do a forward smash it always charges. Also, this is making me holding the controller awkwardly. How are you holding it?

Denti

Smash Master
I use my index finger on the A button then have my thumb use the c stick. Yes it's awkward lol but like, once you get it to habbit it won't be a bother to you.

I learned you can z drop it while landing and re grab it and F smash at the same time. Sexy good

Dnyce

Smash Master
But isn't that uncomfortable? I can't really see using my index/thumb to hold a while using the other to smash c-stick whenever. How do you guys do it comfortably?
I have z set to attack (makes dacus and a couple other things for secondaries easier) which makes it a LOT easier to smash while holding an item, lol.
I think I might be doing it wrong because whenever I hold A and do a forward smash it always charges.
Probably because you're still holding the attack button (basic mechanics of charging smashes) lol. I guess some people forget that .-.

Judo777

Smash Master

You should make some more worthless posts.

Why the **** would I set R to attack?
hahaha that was harsh. Also i have R set to attack. It makes DACUS easier for sheik IMO although i used z for a while. My question is if z is attack whats ur grab button? I made mine R at the time then realized why bother switching 2 buttons instead of just 1. So now R is attack.

PZ

Smash Lord
Isnt this the same as doing two aerials?

Catch the banana with an aerial then buffer or be frame perfect to do another aerial while still holding the banana.

Dnyce

Smash Master
hahaha that was harsh. Also i have R set to attack. It makes DACUS easier for sheik IMO although i used z for a while. My question is if z is attack whats ur grab button? I made mine R at the time then realized why bother switching 2 buttons instead of just 1. So now R is attack.
I was kinda irked he edited my post in a ******** way and then made a worthless recommendation. lol, and like you said... why bother switching 2 buttons?

I agree, having a top button set to attack makes sheiks dacus (or any for that matter) sooooo much easier, haha.

I use both L and R to shield. I typically use L for shielding, but I like to press both at the same time. Which ever finger pushes the trigger faster, I guess lol. I've noticed that consecutive powershielding (like a multihit move or something) happens a lot more frequently when I use both. A big thing I do with oli is try to pshield an attack or projectile and then go for the kill - I just click the shield and go for it, so if I press both it's two inputs... if I hold the other one (for multihit attacks) it buffers a shield for the next hit - if I'm lucky I pshield both :)

I had Y set to grab for the looongest time (seems to be a running theme for olimar players XD). Beginning of 09 I played lain for the first time, kinda messed around with ICs for fun before but it was like o_o that's cool. So I went on to mimic lain's style IC... practicing CGs with that that tiny *** Z button hurts <.< so I switched to Y since I never used that button =]

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
I need to try this banana thing. It looks useful.

I set my Y to grab. L for shield. R for attack and Z for attack because I don't use it.

Top Bottom