• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

And yes, you still need to get better at them since there's not a player in the world that had all of that down perfectly.

:phone:
I would think that the guy asking for help with getting into a competitive level of play understands that he has to work on the stuff people suggest to him after he asks them for help.

No need to talk down to him like he's some cocky idiot.

Or is talking down to new people the way to become more productive?

Actually **** this beating around the bush ****

Dear CJ,

Way too much censor dodging to bother editing out.

P.S. I forgot to address your insanely uninformed comment about me being the most unproductive sheik, not only am I one of the people most likely to respond to new sheik's questions in the Q&A and the one to start the most discussions in the new MU panel thread, I also am one of the driving forces behind people improving in my city. So aside from being some circle jerking theory-crafter, you're an uninformed piece of ****.

P.S.S. **** you.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Jeez. I'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to be condescending.

Also, your personal issues and call-outs don't belong here. >_>

Ultimate kaos

Smash Cadet
Oh. Ok. Ha there are a lot of things you have to think about during a match 0.o. Thanks guys, I wil start working on this stuff!

And I was not trying to be cocky I guess I wasn't clear. I meant to say I know about that stuff, and am trying to use it in matches, and still trying to get better at them. This I realize. I just needed help with with the general competitive style, sorry for all the confusion, meant no harm :)

I was wondering what sort of method people did for Sheik's DACUS and the sort of success they have with it. I thought I found a method that made it easy to do.

Tap jump off. Dash by making an input into the upper left or upper right hand direction and hold. C-stick down. Z or shoulder button set to attack (grab might work?).

The reason it should be easier is because all you are doing is three button inputs at the proper timing rather trying to throw in some rather fast hand movement with the control stick. The upper right or upper left counts as a dash on the ground, but for some reason is read as an up input when you press the attack button due to the control stick already at the diagonal. So, for me, I would say I have a really good success rate with this. Probably 2/3 or better.

Ultimate kaos

Smash Cadet
I use the claw position(I bring my pointer finger off the right trigger and rest it on the A button). It's pretty hard, as I haven't had much success with it. I just use it because it feels more comfortable for me.

Tesh

Smash Hero
does f throw dacus really work on heavies? i never thought to do that.. i gotta try it now o_0 i wonder what else im missing...

also when is it good to use the chain?
You really should not be getting anything from throws except attacks that require a read. She definitely has no sure thing out of a throw.

Either that or I've done it wrong for a very long time.
I disagree, d-throw is her best throw IMO. Billy is so good at trapping, punishing your landing, and covering your options. He's the best player in GA/AL at it, IMO. You guys should take more notes on him. But w/ Sheiks's d-throw, you can probably frame trap easier/have an easier time following up on stage than f-throw/b-throw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alCDA0MQ4Sw just a possibility, i know he could have reflected or jumped away to avoid this.

Tesh

Smash Hero
towards? would that put him too high to upsmash. I'd actually prefer closer so i dont have to run to aerial him.

im working on this though. I just need to react to the DI before i enter that buffer window for DACUS.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
fair ends more quickly so if you want to use your double jump to adjust your trajectory it's the best one to do so with.

What is sheiks fastest aerial? You know for momentum cancelling.
Ultimately, it doesn't matter except for a few cases. The purpose of an aerial is only to apply the fast fall function which reduces vertical height you take in knockback. The length of the move matters when you want to consider cases when you might get attacked when you are using that aerial such as pikachu's thunder or both you and snake explode in the air and he might attempt to hit you. Using fastest aerial reduces that lag you have and can get you back into the abilty to jump or dodge if you need that defensive move.

I thought someone gave me a convincing argument that using your second jump during horizontal recovery is not good. The main idea is that what if I hadn't jumped and died in the little percent range I didn't need to. I believe most people will prematurely jump out of reaction even when they are not even in that range of dying and therefore make themselves more vulnerable to edgeguard on the way back down.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I generally don't use the double jump unless I'm absolutely certain I'd be dead at my current velocity.

Ultimate kaos

Smash Cadet
Does anybody have any good brick walls you can do with sheik? I used one earlier but all I did was be super defensive and counter all they did. It worked on one guy. I was just wondering if there are any general effective ones that I should know about.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Make use of certain aerials to make them feel less comfortable with just going in. Retreating B-Air, immediate shorthop N-Air...Mixing these in with the threat of your tilts, run speed, and Neutral-B tends to be nerve-wracking for most opponents.

If you're talking about safe, spammable options, outside of assessing what's most useful, I don't think Sheik really excels at that, at least, compared to most higher-tiered characters.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
How should Snake play against Sheik? o-o I play scared a lot when I play against her because I don't know what she can do, but I don't feel like I should be. D:

How should Snake play against Sheik? o-o I play scared a lot when I play against her because I don't know what she can do, but I don't feel like I should be. D:
Just walk near her so that you're within your f-tilt range but out of hers, from there just react to whatever she does, and once you get her on the ledge she has a really hard getting up, you juts have to avoid committing until she does, which can be tricky because sheik is really fast and throw catch you off guard, but since you're really heavy you can also afford making mistakes, and once you get sheik on the ledge or high in the air she's gonna take a lot of damage trying to land against you.

RevEvolution

Smash Rookie
What are some practical applications of Sheik's dash attack? I know there are a couple tricks you can pull off with a DACUS (depending on their DI, percentage, and character) and grab releases, but what are some other situations where a dash attack would be useful? The move has nice speed but is easily punished and most of the time I feel safer going with a DACUS but I'm trying to learn more about what options I have.

Tesh

Smash Hero
its strictly for punishing man. its not remotely safe or strong enough to fish with. most dash attacks serve that purpose. just covering as much distance as possible in the shortest time possible.

when someone hits your shield with something you wont have time to punish with a dash grab, needles or oos aerials. dash attacking is sometimes your best option.

RevEvolution

Smash Rookie
Ah, ok, that makes sense. I never really thought of using it period so at least I have a general idea of what I can use it for. Thanks a lot.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I have a question that may involve a little bit of theory.

Should I always dacus out of a grab release when I can? I remember reading long ago that hitting MK with dacus was so much more damaging than other grab release options that the stale moves didn't matter.

I know on Wario you can ftilt>aerial for the same damage, but i cant think of anyone else who i shouldnt just dacus.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Dash backward and B-Reverse them out of the dash. Shorthop around and do it right after landing. Try to use them from the air. The idea is to make people want to drop their shield only to get caught by them, so you have to use as many positions as possible to land them.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Reflex steers you right. And @Tesh, grab releasing MK when they're not in killing percentage I almost always go for the dash attack. Sheik can rack up damage well, but can't kill, so only makes sense to me to save my guaranteed kill for when it will kill at the earliest time. You'll grab 'em again probably, and if not, :S:S:S:S:S

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Question, How good is Sheik Dtilt?

So...I've started mixing in/spamming Dtilts between my jabs, Ftilts and dash grabs when I've been at Dtilt max range and have so far been mostly unpunished for doing so. I'm fairly sure they can't shield grab it but that hardly means it's safe....

Tristan_win

Not dead.
._. So I guess I shouldn't stop using it? I'm just afraid one of these days I'm going to get snake ftilted or something dumb like that.

I swear, I need to rehack my wii.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
What is this, and is it useful for sheik? I don't have the time to test it out right now in the game so I would like some feed back.
What is a SCAC?

SCAC (Special Charge Airdodge Cancel) [Certain Characters] - Certain characters have windows in their aerial specials in which they can be cancelled by inputting an airdodge. Depending on the timing, the special will either be cancelled into a normal fall or into an actual airdodge.

Key-

[AD]: Airdodge; when canceled, puts you into an airdodge
[IF]: Idle Fall; puts you into an idle fall
(A): Always; always puts you in the following action
(TD): Timing Dependent; followed by timings

Spoiler: list of compatible characters/moves
Toggle Spoiler
Shiek: Needles(A)[IF]

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Right now I'm starting at my post very hard. I could of sworn it was up B for sheik.

...So confused...

Thanks for the quick response though and input ^-^;

edit: yay, I'm keeping my promise about asking basic questions.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Good day, peoples!

I come here to ask... What character(s) is a good doubles partner w/ Sheik? I main ZSS, and would also like to know how well she does with her in 2v2s.

Dcold

Smash Lord
MK/Snake are good, Wario is also solid for everything, basically anyone that can use coverage. Sheik should be more of support in doubles in my opinion, bailing her partner out of grabs/bad situations, and racking up damage when needed, while your partner goes in hard. Any character that can go in really. I'm not a doubles god so, just my 2 cents.

D

Deleted member 189823

Um, hey, I just started using Sheik (like, a few hours ago), and I was wondering what Sheik mostly does to approach (if she even can).
I work alot with Jab Cancelling (Jab, Jab to Grab, to F-Tilt, F-Tilt to D-Tilt, combinations like that), and when they're in the air, I juggle with B-Air and U-Air. I don't know what N-Air and F-Air do very well, other than the fact F-Air seems to work nicely to gimp people like Falco and possibly Marth.
What are good options to punish landings?
Is Sheik's Grab range good? I found that Jab to Pivot Grab actually works, so her Pivot Grab range could just be great.

Sorry for these many questions. I tend to theorize alot before actually getting my character to practice. ): As for watching videos, I used to watch Izaw before even liking Sheik, and I just recently started watching Cross and Judo. I don't want to rely too much on emulating them because they might just be using situational approaches.

Top Bottom