• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gorf's Grass vs Weeds MAFIA! | TOWN ****S ON ITSELF HARDBODY!!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
One more thing, tell me about FireEmlemnier's vote and how he has been posting via stances.

Then about Mac's directions.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
With the prior happening, I'm going back on my original vote, for the reasons I already stated when I first voted him.
Vote: Maven

anti-town

Zack Fair/marshy
Hunter seems as if just started assessing the situation rather than immediately delving in after the inactivity, with apologizing for the assumptions of "Messing up or slowing down the process" Yet, as I said, I'm not certain, and it could be clever ploy to lower everyone's guard.

I personally feel that Ryu is leaning more towards not suspicious due to the given alibi, but I'm keeping it in check, as more info is obtained.
What about his post gave you the idea that he was assessing the situation? He claims that he didn't even do so:
I voted anti town because I didn't assess the situation and wanted to get a vote in, however I wouldn't exactly say he is being scummy, I'm just a bit suspicious considering his ploys could be a way to divert attention from himself
Yeah thinking on it, Anti-Town has been pressuring you quite a bit, I just wasn't sure as to why, especially because he's not the Lyncher role. I'll vote for him, as everyone else seems to either be very likely Town like JTB, or inconclusive like Maven and Mac. And rather than have no lynches this day, I'd say we go with the person who's active and suspicious.

Vote: Anti-Town
What happened to your Maven suspicion? Why does JTB seem to be likely town as opposed to Mac? If Maven is inconclusive, why did you vote him before?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
What about his post gave you the idea that he was assessing the situation? He claims that he didn't even do so:

What happened to your Maven suspicion? Why does JTB seem to be likely town as opposed to Mac? If Maven is inconclusive, why did you vote him before?
I meant that Hunter just started to assess it, as before, he wasn't active, but now is coming in at the risk of being lyched, might've been a poor choice of words. It just didn't seem likely for him to be scum with his response to the situation, at that moment.

anti-town

Zack Fair/marshy
Why does JTB seem likely to be town as opposed to Mac? Said another way, why do you consider Mac inconclusive and not JTB?

anti-town

Zack Fair/marshy
I meant that Hunter just started to assess it, as before, he wasn't active, but now is coming in at the risk of being lyched, might've been a poor choice of words. It just didn't seem likely for him to be scum with his response to the situation, at that moment.
What about that makes him townie? Why wouldn't scum come in and start doing stuff after they were at the risk of being lynched??? It seems to me that a townie would have done stuff before, not only come in when he is on the verge of being lynched.

anti-town

Zack Fair/marshy
You got me here full time today and tomorrow, answer my above and lets go from there.
gimme a bit. we believe its more important to drum up some content and stances than guess the game right now. well have a name by tomorrow

@ JTB JTB
@ Maven89 Maven89

what do yall make of inus pressuring of my slot?

@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂

updated thoughts on the game if you please

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

i have a request for you ruy. please reread the first page and look at how the game unfolded. now heres an observation. were a day from deadline n it has taken you this long to lay something of worth down on the table. so you tell me honestly. did you or did you not deserve to be pressured for your lack of contribution? and id say zen has taken a proactive approach to engaging people in the game thus far. do you really think all of his questions are worthless?

hopin to talk to zen sometime tonight or 2mrw. holla @ me homie

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf

hunter is voting for me as well. i am -1
as of this post:

No I did not

Unvote: Anti-Town

Vote: Maven
maven is voting for maven.

votecount

jtb (0) -
#hbc | mac (0)
maven89 (2) - maven89, fireemblemnier
hunterninjareaperpirate98 (0) -

anti-town (1) - hunterninjareaperpirate98
red ruy (1) - #hbc | mac
fireemblemnier (0)

Not voting: jtb, red ruy, anti-town

Last edited:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
vote: Maven (L-1)

dude hasn't posted in the longest, and I feel like maven89 in the few games he's been in and in the social thread that he wouldn't be one of the major factors contributing to this games inactivity. it'll also be a ***** to connect him to ppl later on if he's still alive because of his lack of action. objectively the best lynch

alternatively hunter also hasn't done **** and the **** he's done i've not liked. he's been very non-committal or non-caring. seems like he's not paying attention to the thread (esp when he brought up a point fireemblemnier made that was actually the opposite for fire was saying). wondering whether it's because he's new and still figuring things out or because he's new and tryna figure out how he should be behaving as scum. Who is scum? who should we lynch?

thought red ryu was the scummiest at first and I still kinda do.. but at least he's giving us content and I'm confident come later in game I can read him based on what he's been posting. at least he's giving us content, and his huge post made me ok with his staying, despite his reads being and reasoning for them being pretty confusing / odd to me. will figure out if that's just Ryu being typical Ryu or if it's scumRyu later tho

really don't get the anti-town hate at all (though you ain't answer my question ***** [don't bother it's irrelevant now]). I feel like he's been one of the more active / engaging slots in the game n i don't see why he shouldn't live till tMrw

Maven89

Smash Master
I've been suffering mafia fatigue and been neglecting this game, I honestly haven't even read it. I asked for a replacement for another one, so now I'm going to re-read now and put full effort into this game.

Unvote: Maven

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
apologize for lack of activity, been out this weekend without a phone charger and limited internet access

ill be home in a few hours hopefully with some more content

at first glannce @ anti-town anti-town RR defending himself seems more as like a personal thing rather than one indictive of alignment but ill look at it again once im home

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
gimme a bit. we believe its more important to drum up some content and stances than guess the game right now. well have a name by tomorrow

@ JTB JTB
@ Maven89 Maven89

what do yall make of inus pressuring of my slot?

@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂

updated thoughts on the game if you please
Deadline in 8 hours I need an answer for my questions.

Maven89

Smash Master
why the self vote? What does this accomplish?
Humor

@ Maven89 Maven89 , you say that people being at l-1 is a bad thing, can you elaborate a bit mroe on that?
Because it's way easier for that person to get lynched by accident or purposeful voting by scum. Instead of having it be a group decision, having someone at L-1 means anyone who hasn' voted can decide the lynch. That's pretty dangerous, especially early in Day 1, especially in RVS. Someone could have just voted then go "lol woops didn't realize he was at L-1"

@ Maven89 Maven89 , where you been?
dead

Maven89 Maven89

Maven89

Smash Master
Ok. There's been little information, I'm definitely a guilty party in that. But with what we have, I'd vote for Hunter. His posts haven't been scum hunting and most of them have been excuses about why we shouldn't think he's scum. I'm thinking he's new scum.

Vote: Hunter

The only connection I saw between Hunter and anyone else was Ryu's defense of him, along with him having a scummier read on Emblem then Hunter. I'd like Ryu to explain that more

anti-town

Zack Fair/marshy
personally getting scum vibes off FE. Dislike that he left without elaborating on my questions yesterday too.

Hunter should be lynched though since getting content out of em seems unlikely.

anti-town

Zack Fair/marshy
Ruy is my strongest town read atm. Mac is ok so far. Null on everyone else.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
personally getting scum vibes off FE. Dislike that he left without elaborating on my questions yesterday too.

Hunter should be lynched though since getting content out of em seems unlikely.
Oh whoops, I read the question, but didn't really know how to respond at that moment. I don't know exactly, he's been very noncommittal to the situation but right now he's a wildcard in my eyes, I was recently rereading most of the posts, and I would say that Hunter is suspicious, but I can't really confirm if he's maf or not, due to lack of information. I do have a feeling though that in the long game he might be more readable, and prove helpful in the survival in town, but I can't be positive.

Vote: Hunter
I will vote for him though, because inactivity is discouraging, and the reason why I voted Maven before

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
To show my opinions on everyone at the moment in these final hours of Daylight, I gotta say everyone seems to swing in suspicious activity in this, but that of course doesn't mean they are most likely scum. I'm going to use the format Ryu used in his analysis on everyone last page, as it seems to work well at getting the point across. Keep in mind his is not definitive, and I of course could be wrong.

Town: Myself
Town Lean: JTB,
Need more info, but doesn't seem suspicious: Mac
Wild Card: Ryu, Maven, Hunter, Anti-town

JTB is one person I think almost everyone is confident in saying he's most likely town, he has so far not shown any significant signs of suspicion. If he turns out to be mafia, then he sure knows how to play this game.

Mac, so far I haven't really gotten a good read off of from what he has posted thus far. Yet, from what I do know, he seems to let things play out, and then posts his opinion on them, I noticed he didn't really show his input on most situations until it's in it's aftermath. Could be just the time he's available to read and respond to the game, though.

Now for the Wildcards, these four seem to keep bouncing back and forth between suspicious and not.

I can't say for certain for lean towards Maf, though

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm fine with hunter today, we are not gonna get anything out of his slot of importance

FE is on my radar, he's just making observations about the game and riding whichever vote seems best at the time

only 1.5 hours left, ill throw down a hunter vote once we get closer

anti-town

Zack Fair/marshy
Finger of Supicion. It's basically just a way to declare suspicion on someone(s).

anti-town

Zack Fair/marshy
ah thanks. care to explain your reason for suspicion on me and Mac?
I do not understand your town read on JTB compared to your non-town read of Mac. It seems to me that JTB and Mac have given an equal amount of input in the game. I believe that you are not truly looking at motives and intent. I believe you are sheeping what you feel the consensus among town is and using your (mafia) knowledge of who is town to make your town-tells. For example, earlier with Hunter, you had him as town when he made his first post into the game. Your reasoning simply does not line up, however. I pointed this out and you’ve avoided making a clear explanation on how his actions showed town. It is because as mafia, you knew he was town and felt that it would be safe to make the claim. An ignorant townie such as myself or my fellow town members would not have been able to make such a claim.

Your town read of JTB is coming from my earlier statement that I am glad he is in the game. It wasn’t until then that you begin to hard claim JTB as a town read. Furthermore, it is suspicious to me that Maclamore still has a scum read of Ryu when Ryu is obv town. I also feel that it is odd that he does not find you suspicious. We cannot follow Mac’s line of reasoning. Of course, this all becomes moot if Hunter does in fact flip scum. But in the event that he doesn’t, you two would be my greatest suspicion.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yea fireemblem is a town read and has been a strong one since early game, when i asked you guys about town reads i was actually hoping you'd say you had some cuz fireemblem (and jtb to an extent) looked townie right out the gate

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I do not understand your town read on JTB compared to your non-town read of Mac. It seems to me that JTB and Mac have given an equal amount of input in the game. I believe that you are not truly looking at motives and intent. I believe you are sheeping what you feel the consensus among town is and using your (mafia) knowledge of who is town to make your town-tells. For example, earlier with Hunter, you had him as town when he made his first post into the game. Your reasoning simply does not line up, however. I pointed this out and you’ve avoided making a clear explanation on how his actions showed town. It is because as mafia, you knew he was town and felt that it would be safe to make the claim. An ignorant townie such as myself or my fellow town members would not have been able to make such a claim.

Your town read of JTB is coming from my earlier statement that I am glad he is in the game. It wasn’t until then that you begin to hard claim JTB as a town read. Furthermore, it is suspicious to me that Maclamore still has a scum read of Ryu when Ryu is obv town. I also feel that it is odd that he does not find you suspicious. We cannot follow Mac’s line of reasoning. Of course, this all becomes moot if Hunter does in fact flip scum. But in the event that he doesn’t, you two would be my greatest suspicion.
I will not lie, and say my Town read of JTB was mostly going off what others have said and enjoying that fist bump post last page. It could just be my naiveness to the game, i all honesty, and i found JTB so far trustworthy in the match. For without everyone else's input, I would most likely feel he would be a mixed bag.

I mostly believed Hunter was town at the beginning of the game due to him being a newbie like myself, and thought it was more likelier that he was confused at the beginning and just started to get his bearings, as previously stated.

#HBC | Gorf

A LYNCH HAS BEEN REACHED!

votecount

jtb (0) -
#hbc | mac (0)
maven89 (1) - #hbc | mac
hunterninjareaperpirate98 (4) - maven89, anti-town, fireemblemnier, red ruy

anti-town (1) - hunterninjareaperpirate98
red ruy (0) -
fireemblemnier (0)

Not voting: jtb

flip will come momentarily!

#HBC | Gorf

as the light over the pasture grew dim, one part of the ecosystem slowly started withering. being betrayed by those around him for accusations of being a weed, he let out one last cry for mercy!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HunterNinjaReaperPirate98, A Blade of Grass, Vanilla Townie, has died a painfully parched death!

Night 1 begins! Send in your actions before 11/19 at 10:00 pm! If the deadline has passed and a flip has not been posted, you still have time to submit your actions!

#HBC | Gorf

as the sun was rising on our magnificent prairie, the rest of the pasture turned to find that one of the patches of grass was taken over by the dastardly weeds!

Aoi Inu, A Blade of Grass, Vanilla Townie, was taken over by the weeds in the middle of the Night!

Day 2 begins! Deadline is set for approximately 11/26 at 11:59 PM!

Last edited:
Top Bottom