• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gorf's Grass vs Weeds MAFIA! | TOWN ****S ON ITSELF HARDBODY!!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
WELCOME TO GORF'S GRASS VS. WEEDS MAFIA!

Rules:

Fundamental
1.) Don't be an *** to others, *****. Treat them like you want to be treated.
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are not allowed to make any more posts.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images, videos or links in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). This rule only applies to posts in the thread. If you are allowed to communicate privately with other players you may freely quote mod communication there.
7.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
8.) Posting in non-English, invisible, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
9.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players (including hydra communication). You are free to paraphrase.
10.) Unless stated otherwise, all Night Actions should be sent to myself via PM. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in the action being randomized.
11.) If you are unclear about any of the rules then you are expected to ask the me for clarification before taking any action which you believe may break a rule. If you are unclear about any information in your role PM or the sample PM or any mod communication, feel free to ask me about it.
12.) Punishments for breaking any of the rules of this game include but are not limited to: temporary or permanent Moderator Votes, Modkill, forced replacement, etc

Voting and Lynching
1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example,Vote: Gheb.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote vote: Evil Eye. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
3.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example,Vote: No Lynch.
4.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
5.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, regardless of whether the thread is closed or not.
6.) Mafia has a Nightkill. Each Night they MUST kill one player of their choosing by sending me the name of their target via PM. If the mafia fails to send in a Night action, they will have one randomized for them.

Activity and Deadline
1.) You are expected to be able post every 24 hours, however you are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill. If you are a player with a history of bad activity, it is possible it will take less prods before your replacement than it will take for others.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last 6 days.
4.) Nights will generally last at minimum 36 hours, generally at most 48. PLAN FOR 36, BECAUSE ANYTHING MORE THAN THAT WILL BE DUE TO ME NOT MAKING IT BACK TO THE FORUM IN TIME TO UPDATE THE GAME.

Game-specific
1.) All roles have been assigned entirely at random.
2.) Modkills only end Days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, Day continues. Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment. If a town-aligned traitor gets modkilled the ongoing Day phase will continueas well.
3.) If you are using a hydra account for this game, all posts must be made on the designated account. If a post is made on a separate account, then that post must be quoted by the hydra account.

*this ruleset was copied, pasted and edited from g3s mafia xl edition. if there are any mistakes or questions about the rules feel free to clarify or ask.*

Playerlist:

jtb
#hbc | mac
maven89
hunterninjareaperpirate98
anti-town
red ruy
fireemblemnier

Setup:

Blade of Grass Role PM said:
Hello, [Player X]! You are A Blade of Grass, Vanilla Townie! You're one among trillions and trillions in the world, but thanks to you, our lawns still look really really good! The weeds are growing in strong, and if you don't join in on the fight against weeds, how are you going to take them down? You have no powers aside from your voice and vote, and win once all threats to the town are eliminated.
Astroturf Role PM said:
Hello, [Player X]! You are Astroturf, Town Tracker! You are quite the nifty invention! You look like grass, are easier to manage than grass, and have become a big time celebrity for indoor grass-related sports! Without grass, you'd have no means of existing, so you will fight to the end to make sure that grass doesn't die to the hands of freakin weeds! During the Night, you may find out whether or not a player was seen using a Night action, and if so, who that Night action was used on by sending me the command Track: [Player Y]. You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.
Water Role PM said:
Hello, [Player X]! You are Water, Town Doctor! You're, like, the key to existence among most of the breathing world! In most situations you're generally impartial to who is right or wrong in this world so long as life keeps going. But you've noticed some massive genocide going on in places like prairies and farms, and that's just not going to fly anymore! During the Night, you may protect a player from death by sending me the command Protect: [Player Y]. You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.
Mafia Role PM said:
Hello guys! You are a part of the Mafia! You guys are being sent one Role PM so that you may talk among yourselves in this chat log! Enjoy!

Weed Role PM said:
Hello, [Player X]! You are Weeds, Mafia Goon! Nobody likes you guys, it's so bad that even the cool weed is disgusted that it has to share a name with you! Why, do you ask? YOU'VE BEEN TERRORIZING GRASS! And your reign of dismay isn't over until every individual blade of grass is taken over by you and your filthy family! Each Night, your faction must kill a player by sending me the command Kill: [Player Y]. Failure to do so will result in a randomized kill. In addition, you are free to talk with [Player Z] at any point in time. You win once the number of alive members of your faction either equals or is greater than the amount of town members alive.

Tumbleweed said:
Hello, [Player X]! You are Tumbleweed, Mafia Roleblocker! You're like weeds, except YOU'RE MOBILE! You're known for being an interesting piece of scenery in deserts and whatnot, but you've grown a new primary objective in the war against grass: transporting weeds from place to place while inhibiting productivity from those on the other side! Therefore, during the Night, you may stop a player from performing their action by sending me the command Roleblock: [Player Z]. Each Night, your faction must kill a player by sending me the command Kill: [Player Y]. Failure to do so will result in a randomized kill. In addition, you are free to talk with [Player Z] at any point in time. You win once the number of alive members of your faction either equals or is greater than the amount of town members alive.

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

still eagerly waiting for @Chaco and @SmashFox to confirm!!!

@Chaco and @ #HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac , considering the fact that we have 3/7 newbies, would you guys mind kind of playing like IC's? ill be sure to mention the mechanics of the newbie game and stuff if you guys are down, if not we can just make it a typical mini.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
still eagerly waiting for @Chaco and @SmashFox to confirm!!!

@Chaco and @ #HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac , considering the fact that we have 3/7 newbies, would you guys mind kind of playing like IC's? ill be sure to mention the mechanics of the newbie game and stuff if you guys are down, if not we can just make it a typical mini.
I'm actually SmashFox.

/in

Maven89

Smash Master
wait really. you even went out of your way to insist you had use your mod powers to clear the guy of being an alt

#HBC | Gorf

im sorry guys, but without chaco we still need one more player. once we get the last player we'll make this game official n stuff :)

#HBC | Gorf

btw, anti-town, would you mind serving as kind of an ic in case the newbies have any trouble with the flow of the game and stuff?

#HBC | Gorf

All Role PM's are sent out and with that...

DAY 1 BEGINS! DEADLINE IS SET FOR 11/16/14 AT 11:59 PM EST!

jtb - 0
#hbc | mac - 0
maven89 - 0
hunterninjareaperpirate98 - 0
anti-town - 0
red ruy - 0
fireemblemnier - 0

Not voting: jtb, #hbc | mac, maven89, hunterninjareaperpirate98, anti-town, red ruy, fireemblemnier

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
hey all, looking forward to playing this game again :)

vote hunterninjareaperpirate98

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
excellent activity

rr, what do you think of hunter coming into the thread, liking my vote on him, ignoring anti-town's vote, and not posting at all?

anti-town

Zack Fair/marshy
Vote: anti-town

No IC's :mad::mad::mad:
Were you aware that you put me at L-1?

I have a hunch you have a power role.

IC notes: It's considered bad play to point out power role suspicions because it provides mafia info on who to night kill.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Maven, why did you unvote him? He mentions that it's bad play to point out power role suspicions, while doing the same thing in his post. He didn't say anything bad about being at L-1.

Maven89

Smash Master
Also I'm taking his "Ic note" and previous mention of power roles as "learning by example". If that's not what he intended then I don't understand what he's talking about

#HBC | Gorf

Vote : Unvote
Vote : Hunter

Yeah, rather have active speakers about.
for clarification, "vote: vnvote" is an invalid action. in order to establish unvoting, you may either type the command "unvote: player x" or simply "unvote" and the command will be understood. alternatively, when voting for a player while you're currently voting, you may simply vote for that other player and most (if not all) mods will understand that the implication that you are unvoting the previous player and voting the player you voted :)

#HBC | Gorf

votecount

jtb (1) - #hbc | mac
#hbc | mac (0)
maven89 (1) - maven89
hunterninjareaperpirate98 (2) - anti-town, fireemblemnier
anti-town (1) - , red ruy
red ruy (0)
fireemblemnier (0)

Not voting: hunterninjareaperpirate98, jtb

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier , I'm thinking that aside from Red Ryu, Hunter would be a good lynch, agreed? he's had his chance to speak up after you called him out on it yet he still refuses to say anything.

vote: hunter

Top Bottom